1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Albertan from TacomaWorld

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Dilsky, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Feb 3, 2014 at 1:52 PM
    Dilsky

Dilsky [OP] Toyota Brand *****

Member:
    First Name:
    Shawn
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2014 Platinum Tundra Crewmax Black
    King Front Coil-overs Coachbuilder shims Toytec Rear shackles - Stock Rear Baja Designs Sport Fog Lights Rough Country 30" Lightbar 18" Method Roost Wheels (Bronze) 285/70/R18 Nitto Exo Grapplers Diamondback HD Cover
    Hey guys!

Just transferred over from TW, currently in the process of trading in the Tacoma for a Tundra. It is a little bit of painful process as I love my Truck. I am trying to look at it more as my truck is just growing up rather than I am actually getting a new truck. With the amount of time that I actually spend in my truck for work, I am just starting to feel a little cramped in the Tacoma.

I haven't actually found my new tundra, this could be happening sooner or later depending on prices on a '13 with a decent rebate offer, or if I decide to hold out and get a '14.

Currently I am looking a crewmax, probably Limited with a couple additions. Any input or advice would be great I am looking forward to learning about a new truck...and spending all my money again....

Here is my baby as she sits right now.
    Greenview No. 16-20121105-00042.jpg

2. Feb 3, 2014 at 2:15 PM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon approved Staff Member

Member:
    Welcome to Tundras.com!

3. Feb 3, 2014 at 2:49 PM
    csuviper

csuviper Moderator Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Broomfield, CO
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Sport CM 5.7L 4X4
    Some Mods :) See build thread for details
    I recently made the swap to a 2012 crewmax rock warrior. Got a great deal private party. Selling my 07 now, as soon as someone buys it that is. It really is growing up for the needs of family (or work).

4. Feb 3, 2014 at 2:58 PM
    Bob

Bob Member Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma PreRunner Black
    Welcome!

5. Feb 3, 2014 at 3:09 PM
    Fenwick1993

Fenwick1993 Hillbilly

Member:
    First Name:
    Fenwick
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma Xtracab 2.4L
    Rebuilt engine, painted it bright green and hand-polished the valve cover. Lots of stickers.
    Welcome!

6. Feb 8, 2014 at 2:09 PM
    Dilsky

Member:
    First Name:
    Shawn
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    King Front Coil-overs Coachbuilder shims Toytec Rear shackles - Stock Rear Baja Designs Sport Fog Lights Rough Country 30" Lightbar 18" Method Roost Wheels (Bronze) 285/70/R18 Nitto Exo Grapplers Diamondback HD Cover
    Ok so went to the dealership today. Not confident that they are going to give me a fair trade in value on the tacoma due to the aftermarket parts. But I told them I would come to the table with $20,000 either way for a down payment.

The mass confusion comes in on the options that are available. The rebates on the '13s would allow me to get a platinum trim '13 for the same price as a off-raod '14. I like the off-road '14s, but they don't come with leather seats. They have a nice lifted '13 with a bunch of nice options in the showroom but they are asking a ridiculous amount of money for it....they told me I could manage it on a 96 month term when i was looking for 60 haha.

Any opinions on what options are worth it and what aren't from the dealer? The lifted truck looks awesome, but only has a revtek lift, bushwacker flares, and 305/55/R20 wheels. It also has a bedliner, bed cover, and remote start....but they are asking for an additional $12,0000 for the add ons. Those add ons don't really add up to me....but it looks pretty sweet.

They had the same add ons on a '14 which also looked great though.

Decisions decisions...Any opinions will be heard! Just needed to put my thoughts down in writing!

7. Feb 8, 2014 at 6:04 PM
    T-Rex266

Member:
    Are u planning on doing a different lift then what's on the new truck? I think theirs MIGHT be a spacer lift (?) but if u plan on lifting it more, why pay extra for something you're going to replace?

As for the leather- the only upside is heated / cooked seats and easier to clean? Keep in mind- they are easier to crack as time seeks in...

I don't see a bedliner, cover and remote start adding up to $12k...not even close

As for the Tacoma trade in- ck other dealers...bit also keep in mind it's rare that a dealer will offer an additional amount for after market add ons.

Dilsky[OP] likes this.
  8. Feb 8, 2014 at 7:30 PM
    Dilsky

Member:
    First Name:
    Shawn
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    Yea for sure I can never see the value in aftermarket parts from the dealership. I built my tacoma in my garage...it just took a long time. I might have to spring for the 14 limited I liked the 13s better at first, but the 14s are growing on me.

Just might take me 4 years to build the tundra like it did the tacoma....but who is ever really done....

9. Feb 10, 2014 at 4:13 PM
    Dilsky

Member:
    First Name:
    Shawn
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    Well went back into the dealer and played a little hard ball. I ended up trading in the tacoma...they didn't rip me off as bad as i thought they would and they I ramped them up to within 1000 of what i was going to sell it for.

Overall I feel like I won something so I guess thats all that matter in the end! Going home with a shiny new 2014 Platinum should be here in a few days.

10. Feb 10, 2014 at 4:29 PM
    T-Rex266

Member:
    Congrats!!

11. Feb 10, 2014 at 11:19 PM
    csuviper

csuviper Moderator Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Broomfield, CO
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Sport CM 5.7L 4X4
    Some Mods :) See build thread for details
    Hell yea man you went big. Platinum is where it's at. Post some pics when you get it.

Products Discussed in

To Top