1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need tailgate height info for '15 Dbl Cab SR5 TRD off Road 4x4

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by njs1956, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Jan 26, 2016 at 7:53 PM
    njs1956

njs1956 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Norman
    Vehicle:
    2015 Magnetic Gray Metallic Tundra SR5 Double Cab TRD Off Road 4X4
    None at present
    Just got my truck out of body shop after having the frame replaced from being rear ended in New Orleans back in early Nov, don't even have 14K on it yet. But the rear of truck seems lower than I think it should be. Can anyone give me the height from the ground to the top of the tailgate on theirs that matches mine?

I have a 2015 Tundra SR5 Double Cab 6.6 bed with the TRD Off Road 4x4 package with 18" wheels. Haven't done any lifts or other mods yet.

2. Jan 27, 2016 at 4:33 PM
    15whtrd

15whtrd Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    White 2015 Tundra DC SR5 TRD 4x4 5.7L, White 2003 Sequoia 2WD
    TRD Pro suspension, +2 Coachbuilder shackles, 2015 TRD Pro headlights, 20% ceramic tinted windows, clear ceramic tinted front windshield, aFe drop in pro s dry air filter, TRD airflow accelerator, TRD oil fill cap, TRD 18 psi radiator cap, BDX Bullydog tuner, Weathertech floor mats front and rear, rear seat fold down mod, DNA hard trifold tonneau cover, Linex with uv protection, TRD rear swaybar, TRD center caps, TRD Pro grille insert with color matching surround and bulge, TRD PRO headlights, aluminum oil filter canister, Real truck tailgate seal, Pop-n-lock tailgate lock actuator, rear diff breather relocate, RCI front skid plate. 275/70 R18 BFG KO2s
    56 3/4 with 5/8 tank if gas. I have the same exact truck. Stock everything. About 38 psi front 28 psi rear.

3. Jan 27, 2016 at 4:41 PM
    Black Wolf

Black Wolf Bigfoot Hunter, Sasquatch too, but not Yeti

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    2022 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    TuwaPro rack, Z1 Offroad stuff, NISMO suspension stuff, FlowmasterFX Extreme exhaust, AIS, OVS, J&L can, other goodies on the way
    I would take your newly fixed Tundra to your nearest Toyota dealer for a look see. Any height info here is basically irrelevant due to the fact that most of us have no clue unless one of us here has the same identical set up as your truck. Also, If the body shop messed up , your local Toyota dealer will have more clout than any of us. IMHO

Products Discussed in

To Top