1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need pre-purchase advice for camper shell, ARE vs Leer

Discussion in 'Tonneau Covers, Caps and Shells' started by badsector, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Jun 13, 2018 at 9:38 AM
    Spitfire

Spitfire New Member

Member:
    Long Island
    Vehicle:
    2018 Cement Limited Trd off road
    Love the cap.. but the windoors have been letting in water.. it's going back to century and they will fix..we'll see.. the water is enough to wet the cloth along the rail of the truck.. nothing crazy its dries the next day but want it to be water tight or at least closer to water tight.. the cap functionally is great.. windoors are so good for the beach when the kids are hanging back there and the dog.. nice and easy to grab stuff as well that's deeper in the bed.. I got the removable slider front window as well. Works well with the roll down tundra rear window.. I take it out and leave it out when I know it will be nice for a couple days.. good looking cap color match was pretty perfect too

BuckWallace and shawn.roe24 like this.
  2. Jun 13, 2018 at 3:01 PM
    BuckWallace

BuckWallace Ball don't lie.

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2018 Cement CM Limited TRD Off-Road
    Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it. I just placed an order for the Leer 100XR (pretty much the same as the Ultra Sport) with the fold down front slider and Thule racks. I debated for a while over the windoors, but I've been reading a lot about them leaking (including from you), and I figured with the short bed I wouldn't absolutely need them. The equivalent Century Ultra Sport would have been about $200 cheaper, but the Leer dealer is about 5 min from my house and they seemed a lot more knowledgeable and interested in helping me out, so I went with them.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018

Products Discussed in

To Top