1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need help with defog my windshield !!

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by kid84, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Jun 25, 2020 at 7:54 PM
    kid84

kid84 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra 4x4 TSS
    Need help with defog my windshield !!

Yes ! A/C was on
    Yes ! Recirculation was off

All the way turn to windshield air . But still cant get defog , had to use windshield blade to get it clear and was alot of water outside !!

Humid is high in my area and was hot after rain ( Houston area ) . I have no idea how can I defog , any help will be appreciate !

2. Jun 25, 2020 at 8:05 PM
    November Sun

November Sun New Member

Member:
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2018 Limited Crew Max
    Pro Comp 7" Stage 1 Lift, 20" Fuel Wheels, Nitto Terra Grapplers, Bak Flip Tonneau Cover, King 2.5's, Custom Alcan Leafs, Coachbuilder Steering Kit, CBI Baja Front Bumper, NSV Light Bar, TRD Pro Intake, Southeast States Wireless Phone Charger Coachbuilder Plus 3 Shackles, Wheeler's Bumpstops, BAM 8" Exhaust, BAM Bomb Tip, Headlight Revolution LEDs everywhere, Warn EVO 12K Winch, Diode Dynamics SAE Fogs and Combo Light Bar
    I had this happen last night, I just cranked up the heat while on defog and it cleared up after a few.

3. Jun 25, 2020 at 8:09 PM
    Pudge

Pudge Super Secret Elite Member #7

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2015 Blue Ribbon Platinum
    TRD PRO grille, OCD consol organizers, DIY wireless phone charger, 33" Michelin Defender LTX MS, Bak revolver X2 tonneau, weathertech liners, 20% tints. DIY pop n lock, 2018 LED headlights, morimoto fogs, TRD shift knob, DirtyDeeds 8"BAM exhaust, kenwood HU,JL amp, Tech12volts Tundra full speaker upgrade w/sub, Swing case, and lots of fluid film
    so it was fogging on the exterior of the window? Defog wouldn't work but wipers would? Thats a temp/humidity gradient issue not defrost issue. Happens now and then, use wipers til temps start to equalize.

4. Jun 25, 2020 at 8:29 PM
    SLA10

SLA10 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra TRD Pro
    How do I clear foggy windows when it’s hot outside?
    Unlike foggy windows caused by cold weather, hot weather fog forms on the outside of the car’s windows. There are some simple fixes to this problem.

• Turn on your windshield wipers. Simply by turning on your front a rear-window wipers, you can wipe away the condensation and see much clearer. While this tip helps you to see out the front and rear windows, it does not eliminate the problem from side windows.
    • Lower your A/C, or turn it off completely. Increasing the temperature in your car balances the temperature difference between the inside of your car and the outside air temperature. This will stop condensation from forming. You are usually able to prevent condensation without turning off your A/C completely.
    • Keep your recirculating air feature off. Again, turning off your air recirculation will help correct the problem.
    Don't use your air conditioning on the defrost vents your only cooling the windshield and generating more moisture.

Cpl_Punishment likes this.
  5. Jun 25, 2020 at 8:36 PM
    kid84

kid84 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra 4x4 TSS
    Thank you y'all . You are best

6. Jun 25, 2020 at 8:45 PM
    landphil

landphil Fish are food, not friends!

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    ‘08 TRD doublecab
    Make sure your cab air filter is clean too. At least if any of that is on the inside.

Products Discussed in

To Top