1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need help or advice in a different and weird led conversion. Please read the thread.

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Big A, May 19, 2020.

1. May 19, 2020 at 1:50 PM
    Big A

Big A [OP] Big A Tundra

Member:
    First Name:
    Angel
    Round Rock, TX.
    Vehicle:
    2019 Magnetic Gray Crewmax.
    Magnaflow Force 2 dual exhaust system. S&B cold air intake. Afe silver bullet throttle body spacer. Copper rugged treck all terrain 34" tires. Alpharex led headlights. Smoke led taillights. Carbon fiber interior trim.
    Hi everyone.
    New guy on the block from Texas in need for some help or advice in how to get my Vland led switchback turn signals to work correctly.
    I recently purchased a set of headlights for my 17 Tundra Crewmax SR5 with Amber Drl non led. I got the signal with Amber sequential switchback led headlights.So here is the problem that I'm having. I installed the headlights following the instructions and some videos from HR. I also bought and connected all the required conversion harness including the DRL adapter harness which connects to the fuse box and also re-pin the turn signals and removing the violet wire. So I'm pretty sure that everything in the headlights wiring connections are correct. So the problem that Im having is that when the truck is on and in parking mode the headlights work fine. The Drl comes on and the turn signals work fine like they supposed to. But when I turned the headlights completely on the turn signals they start to hyper flash. So when I turned the headlights completely off again or the vehicle is in park mode they return back to working normal again. I have replaced everything that is needed to switch my vehicle from Amber drl non led oem headlights to led switchback headlights. I'm starting to get upset because I have done everything that it needs to be done. I also done lots of research. I even read most of all the threads here about issues that some guys are having in relation to turn signals hyper flashing or not working properly. I can seem to figure out or fix this issue. So if anyone can help me or have any advice in regards to this problem that I'm having I will really appreciate it. I'm glad that I have joined this forum I have seen lots of modifications that some of your have done. A lot of your Tundra trucks look awesome. Proud of being part of this forum. Perhaps one of this days someone can take the initiative to have everyone here in having a Tundra meet somewhere and get to meet and know everyone. Reading lots of your threads I have seen how lots of your help and give advice to others.Below is a video with the issue that I'm having.My apologies for writing a book.

Last edited: May 19, 2020
  2. May 19, 2020 at 2:23 PM
    Ericbike6

Ericbike6 So we're doing this shit today?

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra TRD 4X4 sport
    Air bags, ARK liners, misc bullshit added also
    I too am in Austin, we don't use our turn signal here!

Problem solved!!!

You're welcome.... :)

LuckyLainey and Bob_Wiley like this.
  3. May 19, 2020 at 2:31 PM
    Big A

Big A [OP] Big A Tundra

Member:
    First Name:
    Angel
    Round Rock, TX.
    Vehicle:
    Magnaflow Force 2 dual exhaust system. S&B cold air intake. Afe silver bullet throttle body spacer. Copper rugged treck all terrain 34" tires. Alpharex led headlights. Smoke led taillights. Carbon fiber interior trim.
    You are right about that..

LuckyLainey likes this.
  4. May 19, 2020 at 2:32 PM
    Big A

Big A [OP] Big A Tundra

Member:
    First Name:
    Angel
    Round Rock, TX.
    Vehicle:
    I'm close to you. Round Rock.

5. May 24, 2020 at 2:41 PM
    texasrho83

texasrho83 DGAF#1

Member:
    First Name:
    Charles
    Conroe TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 DC MGM 4x4
    See build link
    Sounds like you need to contact the boys in Vland for this issue...

6. Jun 25, 2020 at 7:42 PM
    Black Dynamite

Black Dynamite New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tundra Limited Crew Cab
    have you found a fix for this issue yet? It seems like the HR harness might be the issue

7. Jul 28, 2020 at 11:21 PM
    SpeshulED

SpeshulED New Member

Member:
    Sandy Eggo/Chula Vista, So Cal.
    Vehicle:
    2015 Mag Gry Ltd. CM TRD Tundra
    TRD Pro Grill | AMP Steps | Husky Floor Mats | SnugTop Sportsman Super Sport Shell | 55w 5k HID Headligts | Method Racing NV Bronze 18x9 | BFG KO2 35x12.5r18
    Have you figured out your issue? I just purchased these. Sorry to redirect but can I ask you what the harness for the white DRL’s look like? I wondering if I it was included before trying to contact the company

Products Discussed in

To Top