1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need help on build, lots of questions

Discussion in '2nd Gen Builds (2007-2013)' started by DLack33, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Jun 8, 2016 at 7:58 PM
    DLack33

DLack33 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Vehicle:
    2010 Slate Tundra SR5
    So I finally have some money to put into my truck. 2010 Tundra SR5, 5.7L V8, 2WD.
    Everything was stock when I bought used two years ago with 21K miles.
    Since then
    Black Weathertech Mats
    20inch black rims off 2016 tundra with BF Goodrich LT 285/55 R20 (32" tires)
    Just ordered 2" leveling kit, has not come in yet.
    Yeah that's it. Taken really good care of it as far as changing oil, car washes now and then, keeping inside clean, not letting people I don't trust eat in my car, no major scratches, etc.

Really want to do more to it but there is so much to do and I don't know exactly where to start.

Things I definitely want to do
    Sun deflectors on front and back side windows. I heard they make rattling noises if you get going fast, looking for a good brand.
    Lights- want new head and tail lights, seen people with halos etc and was wondering good set up.

Things I maybe want to do
    Plastidip chrome, wasn't sure on all or certain parts.
    Fender Flares- I don't think they look as good with tires that aren't offset
    LED lights on inside- I see them really cheap at walmart, would want to spend money on good ones to get even lighting throughout.

Any other must do or highly recommended modifications/upgrades I should consider, I'm open to all options. Doesn't have to be anything major or expensive. Little upgrades here and there can go a long way IMO.

My truck will be parked outside most of the time starting in August, no room in garage in the house I am moving into. Just a thought.

Black Wolf likes this.
  2. Jun 8, 2016 at 8:01 PM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon approved Staff Member

Member:
    So so so many ideas here. Check out some build threads to see what interests you.

DLack33[OP] likes this.
  3. Jun 8, 2016 at 8:12 PM
    DLack33

DLack33 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Vehicle:
    2010 Slate Tundra SR5
    I've been looking, so many decisions to make haha. But I will definitely keep looking. Not one to rush decisions and always looking to save money.

4. Jun 8, 2016 at 8:31 PM
    Black Wolf

Black Wolf Bigfoot Hunter, Sasquatch too, but not Yeti

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    2022 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    TuwaPro rack, Z1 Offroad stuff, NISMO suspension stuff, FlowmasterFX Extreme exhaust, AIS, OVS, J&L can, other goodies on the way
    Welcome from CO Dylan. It's ironic that you have a 2WD drive Tundra. I was just commenting earlier on the lack of folks like yourself that have 2WD versions. We here at T.com are just not only about 4 wheeling and all the $$$ that can be spent upgrading a 4X4 Tundra. We need more of you here. I bet your 5.7L hauls ass. Stick with us . We can also help you spend your money on your 2WD Tundra. heh....heh Others here will no doubt chime in soon enough. :thumbsup:

GNTundra and DLack33[OP] like this.
  5. Jun 8, 2016 at 10:01 PM
    DLack33

DLack33 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Vehicle:
    2010 Slate Tundra SR5
    Thanks! And it does haul ass haha. Well, depending on what you are comparing it to. Just took it for drive first time on new tires, definitely needs an alignment but not going to hurt driving a day or two while I wait on my leveling kit to come in.

Black Wolf[QUOTED] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top