1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need help New 19 Tundra steering wheel shake

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by CM39, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Jul 11, 2019 at 8:40 AM
    CM39

CM39 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra Crewmax SR5 4x4
    Hi new member here and was hoping someone might be able to help me out. I have a 2019 Tundra Crewmax SR5 4x4 with 27,000 miles now on it. I drive a bunch for work so high miles already. Anyway got the truck delivered to my house in December of 18 and first week of driving noticed the steering wheel move side to side with a vibration at speeds above 65, took to the dealer they did a road force balance no change, drove a while like that went to different dealer, they tried same thing again no change, went back they kept my truck for a week and a half, told me the tires were out of round at 5,000 miles so they changed the set of tires test drove and shake still there, went through 3 sets of Michilen Tires LTX M/S2 stock tires. Truck drove fine then took for an oil change and they rotated the tires after 5,000 miles of use and the shake is back. I am finding it hard to believe that it took 3 different sets of tires before they found some they felt where good???? I am going to have them re rotate today and see if the truck goes back to how it was. Is there anything else I could try? Toyota says everything checked out fine brakes at a 9 out of 10 had 2 alignments done already. This is a brand new truck and it shouldn't drive like this. My first trip to the dealer the service manager went on a test drive and tried to tell me it was normal because its a truck. I told him no and that lets drive one off the lot and see what it does, if it drives the same I will go away lol well it drove just fine although he picked a TRD sport with the AT tires it was smooth. IDK I am just frustrated that my new truck shakes when over 65.

Products Discussed in

To Top