1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need Help Kenwood Nav , Maestro RR , Install Help

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Davidlspearman, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Nov 29, 2018 at 8:14 AM
    Davidlspearman

Davidlspearman [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Vehicle:
    2016 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab MGM
    I need a bunch of questions answered and I have read so much that now my brain is fried! I have a 2016 DC Non JBL w oem amp under seat. I purchased a Kenwood DNX694S and the Maestro RR , Harness ,dash kit, and Sirius XM Tuner. So here’s what I need to know:

What do I need to keep the USB ports and how is that wired in to the HU?

Where do I mount the GPS antenna ? Some ppl say w metal in the center speaker cavity but I think I have a speaker in there. Also do I already have a gps antenna? Truck doesn’t have a Nav, just Entune Plus???(I have traffic and weather apps)

What do I need to do to bypass the parking brake crap? Any extra parts or just not hook up??

Do I need to buy anything extra to hookup the OEM Backup Camera? Since it’s 6volts?

Do I need to buy extra long USB cables to run from the back of the HU? Oh, so the Kenwood is a black usb and a grey usb coming out of the back? What is the difference?

Last of all is there anything else I’m missing or need to know before I do this? Am I going to lose my MPG or Miles till Empty, etc on the center lcd screen in the dash cluster?

I want to be able to charge my phone via USB and use Apple Car Play and I don’t really care about the 3.5 input unless there’s a reason to keep it???

Oh, where do I mount all these extra boxes at?? Like the Sat Tuner and Maestro? Will it all fit behind the dash?

Thank you for all your help. I just want to make this as painless as possible and make sure I have everything I need when I preform the operation!

Products Discussed in

To Top