1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need fitment advice! Gooseneck and Air Bags

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tundras (2007-2013)' started by babzog, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Jun 16, 2015 at 9:21 PM
    babzog

babzog [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hey folks!

So, I am looking at a gooseneck trailer for pulling our gear to the track (snowcross). Will be pulling throughout the winter so, looking at aluminum trailers to both save weight and reduce corrosion damage. Probably going with a 40' all-alum with living quarters, though a 36' would do just as well (harder to find on the used market).

Looking at buying a gooseneck hitch plus an airbag system to level the load. Maybe it's not needed, but last winter, pulling the 7x14 utility trailer, plus a leer high cap plus fuel and some totes in the truck, the rear end did appear to squat and certainly the tires were under load - a little flattened.

Now, I don't have my heart set on any of these following products, but I did look at them and they look quite good. Primarily, I just want a system which delivers on my requirements.

Hitch I looked at was the Draw-Tite Under-bed gooseneck hitch. Air bag / load levelling system was the Air Lift LoadLifter 5000.

I am unsure if these will work together, owing to possible shared bolt holes and fitment interference? eTrailer says they will not (I've ordered from them and they seem good to deal with). AutoAnything says they will, but I don't know them from any other random website. My local trailer dealer doesn't sell airbags so has nothing to offer.

Any suggestions for a gooseneck (above or below bed, whichever makes it work) that works with a load-levelling / suspension enhancing system?

Products Discussed in

To Top