1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need advice..dealership or not/

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by scharring100, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Mar 13, 2018 at 11:44 AM
    scharring100

scharring100 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra Limited 4X4 Crewmax
    2016 Crewmax, Bronze 4X4
    2016 Crewmax 4X4. I am looking at several Mods, a small lift, tow package and larger times/wheels. Also some front end protection bull bar of push bars. I have a extended warrantee and do not want to jeopardize that. I spoke with a local dealer and he recommends 3/1 lift (about $1200.00) airbags and if needed a WDH for pulling a travel trailer. The dealer says although can be more expansive all mods that they do will be covered and not have a problem with my warranted any thoughts? I also have the sonar proximity sensors front and back and do not want to lose their usage by installing a larger ranchhand style front bumper. I do want a lightbar as well, its pretty dark on the beach at night...I do some driving in sand, beach and surf fishing and minimum offroad so not looking to go to aggressive. He is going to call me back on the other mods but I can tell it is going to be expansive...I guess I am asking is the additional expense worth a voided warrantee?

2. Mar 13, 2018 at 3:19 PM
    blizz86

blizz86 New Member

Member:
    Look up magnuson moss warranty act. Anything that the dealer says voided the warranty they have to prove.. IE: they can't blame your lift on an engine oil leak.

3. Mar 13, 2018 at 3:57 PM
    gdiep

gdiep I like cookies

Member:
    Syracuse, New York
    Vehicle:
    2014 Red Tundra CM SR5
    Generally, mods won’t void warranty unless it can be shown that it caused a specific problem, and it will only affect that problem. They cannot void the warranty for other things.

Also, use of airbags and a wdh hitch together may not bea good idea. Stiffer springs or helper springs and wdh is more acceptable. What kind of tongue weight is the trailer that you need both?

4. Mar 13, 2018 at 4:10 PM
    rons23

rons23 Get The Led Out!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Kill Devil Hills
    Vehicle:
    2008 Nautical Blue TRD
    Sabm (Gtek-Fab), Blake Carbon Diamond Plate door sil protecters, and Air Dam mod, Black Rivited Grill, Devil Horns- Black Anodized(Diaz Fabrication), Hid's in Low Beams and Fogs -6000k, Piaa Extreme for High Beams. Black Rhino Step Tubes, Razir Led interior Lights (white), Low Profile Black Diamond Plate Tool Box, Trd accesories, Weather Tech Mats, Carbon Fiber Shorty Antenna, Drl's, Plasta Dipped Badges + Front Grill Surround
    Mike, that bull bar will do more damage than actually protecting the front. Mainly a cosmetic thing. Welcome from Obx by the way. :thumbsup:

15whtrd and T-Rex266 like this.
  5. Mar 14, 2018 at 7:08 AM
    scharring100

scharring100 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra Limited 4X4 Crewmax
    2016 Crewmax, Bronze 4X4
    Thanks for the feedback. The bull bar is the only front end protection, as little as it is, that will not affect the use of my proximity sensors. Unfortunately. Unless anyone else has any ideas? I don't plan on buying a travel trailer over 8000 lbs. so the weight should not be a problem.

6. Mar 14, 2018 at 7:24 AM
    JoshO

JoshO New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Magentic Gray Tundra
    Would you be able to modify the bumper by drilling hole for the sensors? I know it is a pain to drill but would that be an option?

Products Discussed in

To Top