1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My 2024 TRD Pro Disappointing Experience

Discussion in '3rd Gen Tundras (2022+)' started by mjdtrdpro, Apr 27, 2024.

1. Apr 27, 2024 at 2:18 PM
    mjdtrdpro

mjdtrdpro [OP] New Member

Member:
    Unfortunately, I am just very disappointed with my 2024 White TRD Pro with Red Interior and I am leaning towards getting rid of it for probably a Ford F150 Tremor (call me crazy).

To me the interior quality is substandard - not what it should be for this price of a Truck. I have a 2021 Ram Rebel with GT Interior Seats and there is no comparison. The Ram interior is so much better.

Still waiting on a second Key Fob.

I find the 10 speed transmission to be not very smooth and the gas mileage is a very big disappointment.

I have had nothing but problems with my 360 Surround Camera System. It has failed me twice and I am tired of having to go back to the dealership, which is 70 miles away, to get it recalibrated. Still need to see if they can fix this problem.

The tire wear and the junk tires is also another reason.

No heads up display, no heated and vented seats. - these should be standard for this truck.

When receiving texts and using carplay you cannot hear them being read out - unacceptable.

In my opinion having now owned a TRD Pro for 5 months I would not buy again. Hoping it will not cost me too much money to get out of. I only have 5400 miles so hopefully not too much deprecation.

I have done numerous upgrades:

Ceramic coated truck

Beatsonic amp - made a big difference.

22" Hidden Light Bar which is switched by Cali switch, Ditch Lights which is switched by Cali switch, Rear Morimoto License Plate Light, OPT 7 Rear Lights and interior puddle lights.

AFE Tow Hooks

Added rear USB and 12 volt connects in rear bed near outlet, Tuffskinz stuff, ceramic tint of pano moonroof. Hard wired in radar detector. Off Roam Phone Holder.

Bedrug

Tri Fold Tonneau Toyota Cover

Safe came with truck, Dashcam (which is crap), TRD Steps and Bed Step - came with truck plus MSRP of over $78K

Just being honest. My fully loaded 2021 Ram Rebel drives better and is a better built truck - so disappointing..

JPritch, Lifer, Coal Dragger and 3 others like this.
  2. Apr 27, 2024 at 2:22 PM
    pwpblue

pwpblue Reading, try it sometime.

Member:
    Greensburg,PA
    Vehicle:
    2023 Toyota Tundra Platinum ADV
    Here we go again..... why even bother registering to this forum?
    Go trade it in on something that will make you happy and only share your disappointments in life....... .
    I don't understand smh

3. Apr 27, 2024 at 2:26 PM
    mjdtrdpro

Member:
    I posted this so others who read this can see what I have experienced.

What I detailed is true and nothing that is inflammatory or overboard - just what my thoughts are, what is wrong with posting an honest opinion???

JPritch, Jackstraw, DFS and 11 others like this.
  4. Apr 27, 2024 at 2:34 PM
    raylo

raylo not so new member

Member:
    Frederick, MD
    Vehicle:
    2023 SR5 DC 6.5 bed Lunar Rock, TRD OR +Options
    None
    You asked for it so... I'll call you crazy for considering the Ford.

mrfreeman and Tundrastruck91 like this.
  5. Apr 27, 2024 at 2:41 PM
    Black@Blue19

Black@Blue19 Old Salt

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    SE Texas
    Vehicle:
    24 Camaro SS 6.2 Liter Loaded
    To much to list:)
    I thought the pro model came with heated and vented seats up front that is just standard equipment?

Not standard equipment to have that in the rear. The Platinum I think has that?

Yup yup better go trade it in on something you like.

Skorch and Tundrastruck91 like this.
  6. Apr 27, 2024 at 2:42 PM
    mjdtrdpro

Member:
    I am referring to rear seats - sorry for not clarifying that.

Tundrastruck91 likes this.
  7. Apr 27, 2024 at 2:46 PM
    Alex261

Alex261 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Boston, Ma
    Vehicle:
    2022 Tundra Platinum
    Didn’t know a pro didn’t come without heated and vented seats?

8. Apr 27, 2024 at 2:48 PM
    WesternDawg

WesternDawg New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2024 Ice Cap Tundra TRD Pro
    Owner of a 2024 white TRD pro and I really love my truck. Haven’t had any issues and the interior feels good to me. Really like the transmission.

9. Apr 27, 2024 at 2:49 PM
    Jjclamdips

Jjclamdips New Member

Member:
    Wichita, Ks
    Vehicle:
    2000 Access Cab
    Good bye and downgrade to whatever you want, just leave and be happy.

Skorch, Spakylpm and KroppDuster like this.
  10. Apr 27, 2024 at 3:04 PM
    mmasse

mmasse Digital Forensics Cowboy

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2022 Magnetic Grey Tundra
    So much of this post does not make sense. You traded in a 21 RAM for a 24 Tundra? Then you upgraded the 24 Toyota and now want to switch to a Stock Tremor? I mean its your money and all but pissing it all away just does not make sense. Plus if you wanted heated seats and heads up display why would you buy a truck that has neither. Poor research begets poor decisions and if you can't be bothered to do anything for yourself the only one to blame is yourself. I would not air out my bad decisions in a public space like that.

11. Apr 27, 2024 at 3:08 PM
    Jbehredt

Jbehredt Burgeoning member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Westminster, CO
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD Pro DC White
    Why not just drive your rebel? Or do you have a whiny post on the ram forum about its perceived shortcomings too?

Skorch, Spakylpm and Hella Krusty like this.
  12. Apr 27, 2024 at 3:28 PM
    Ipaddick

Ipaddick New Member

Member:
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    Platinum hybrid w/advanced package
    My kids love them !

no one NEEDS heated or ventilated seats period. Doesn’t make it not nice to have.

ZappBrannigan likes this.
  13. Apr 27, 2024 at 3:44 PM
    Adamkerr2

Adamkerr2 New Member

Member:
    This thread made me register and stop lurking….I’m in the exact opposite situation, 2023 Tremor that is amazing…..except the gas pedal constantly grinds/vibrates/buzzes from an incorrect pinion angle that Ford engineering admits exists in many Tremors but they have no fix for. I cannot wait to get out of this truck.

14. Apr 27, 2024 at 3:50 PM
    chaztizer

chaztizer New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2023 Tundra TRD Pro
    Hey, everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I’m a satisfied owner of a 2023 TRD Pro, but best of luck with the Tremor if you think it will serve your needs/wants better. That is a slick looking package.

PROTERRA and Tundrastruck91 like this.
  15. Apr 27, 2024 at 3:56 PM
    paulphilly

paulphilly New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    '24 TRD Pro
    I have a ‘24 TRD Pro and can ensure you it does have heated and ventilated seats. The tranny is silky smooth and while the overall build quality isn’t quite Lexus like, it’s far better than the ‘22 Ford Craptor I owned and way better than the ‘23 Silverado ZR2 that had paint peeling on all 4 doors, tranny issues, and the list goes on. My buddies Fiat, aka Ram, has been average at best living a majority of its short life in the service bay. The Tundra isn’t perfect, but in today’s market where every manufacturer is suffering from quality issues, I consider it to be the best option currently in the 1/2 ton segment. But hey, I hope nothing but the best for the OP during his Tremor adventures.

Tundrastruck91 and Mattedfred like this.
  16. Apr 27, 2024 at 4:11 PM
    Tundra9880

Tundra9880 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 Cement CrewMax SR5
    Leveled, wheels and tires, Line X on the grille surround and bulge, Line X in the bed, Retrax rolling Tonneau cover, Flowmaster Outlaw cat back exhaust.
    I think it's all personal preference. Frankly shocked to hear anyone so displeased with a Toyota of any model. I will never buy anything else ever again. In fact my '19 Tundy will likely outlive me. Flipside though any manufacturer can drop a lemon here or there I suppose.

However, if you have the cash, buy whatever you'd like and enjoy it! 'Merica!!!

17. Apr 27, 2024 at 4:17 PM
    Breathing Borla

Breathing Borla I'd rather be fishing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2023 Tundra Platinum 4x4 Crewmax
    you guys should trade for a grass isn’t greener type deal :burp::D

CringyDad, mmasse and Tundrastruck91 like this.
  18. Apr 27, 2024 at 4:18 PM
    Shamrock92

Shamrock92 New Member

Member:
    Ok - so aside from the camera system - what did you THINK you were getting with this truck ?

The items you feel should be “standard” aren’t advertised and assuming you test drove before buying a new truck that is available on many lots now.

You like your 2021 Ram - that’s fine. But comparing this to that is pointless. I liked my 2012 Silverado before buying a 2021 Pro - but I don’t call Toyota complaining I can’t get an 8 foot bed or bemoaning the fact - it is what it is.

I suspect you’re gonna have a similar experience with the Ford. Just because something cost 75-85 or 115k new doesn’t mean it’s an all around “better” truck than they made 5 years ago - only that the market has shifted and buyers will pay more today. You found a reliable Ram - kudos. But pressing your luck with the Ford and you may find more “annoying” defects you can’t stand to deal with - it happens with many new vehicles of all brands.

19. Apr 27, 2024 at 4:21 PM
    mjdtrdpro

Member:
    I did say I was contemplating getting rid of my TRD Pro because of my dislikes which I do believe are valid in my opinion. Hopdefully some of these dislikes cn be addressed by Toyota. Please understand I do not HATE my Pro as there are many things I really like about it and I understand No Truck is perfect.

The Tundra is a very good-looking truck and, in my opinion, has a very Muscular Look particularly with larger 35" tires.

I still have my 2021 Ram Rebel and like it as well. I actually enjoy driving both and there are Pros and Cons to both.

If I do decide to keep my Pro hopefully they can fix my 360 Surround Camera problems.

I am about to receive a Westcott Kit and was planning to change to either 295/70/R18 or 35" tires.

Just frustrated and venting both my frustrations and dislikes

dadrocz and Jackstraw like this.
  20. Apr 27, 2024 at 4:44 PM
    mountaingroan

mountaingroan New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    North Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2020 SR5 DC VooDoo 4WD Bench!
    Guy spends just under 80 freakin'K *EIGHTY* on his new Gen 3 Pro, comes here, shares his candid experience and gets thoroughly trashed.

You guys are something else.

21. Apr 27, 2024 at 4:47 PM
    mjdtrdpro

Member:
    Thank you for your support.

I was only being honest and not really trashing the truck.

I thought I was offering constructive criticism

22. Apr 27, 2024 at 4:54 PM
    j-utah

j-utah Look Bodhi, people are dead, the ride is over.

Member:
    First Name:
    Utah
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    2024 Tundra SR5 (Bodhi)
    Dice valve stem caps (black)
    I always go with Semi-Pro. Never been disappointed.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2024
    PROTERRA and MTRock like this.
  23. Apr 27, 2024 at 5:28 PM
    digitalwiz

digitalwiz New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2024 LR Defender 110/ 2022 Superduty Tremor 4x4/ 2017 Porsche 911
    tremors look nice, unfortunately, they are ****, just like all current gen F150’s they are based on. Literally 4 years in and experiencing the same issues as 2021 launch vehicles. GL with that. Not defending Toyota, it would be a mistake to think the new models inherited the same longevity and durability of the prior models. Tundra/Tacoma/Land Cruiser, I’m talking about you. We’ll know in about 6 years.

TexasCabledawg likes this.
  24. Apr 27, 2024 at 5:28 PM
    PhearCVBz

PhearCVBz New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 Black Tundra DC, 2024 Black Tundra CrewMax
    Not sure what’s wrong with this thread. Seems like something someone else considering one of these trucks might find valuable.

25. Apr 27, 2024 at 5:33 PM
    ColoradoTJ

ColoradoTJ Certified tow LEO Staff Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    Calibrated Power 5 Tune pack, Allison 1000 tune, PPE deep trans pan, Cold/Hot CAC pipes, Banks CAI, PCV reroute, resonator delete, S&B 62 gal fuel tank, B&W GN hitch
    IMG_3762.jpg

26. Apr 27, 2024 at 7:38 PM
    24TundraFan

24TundraFan New Member

Member:
    I got rid of a Ram Rebel and after a short stint in a hybrid car (mistake), I eventually bought a 24' Tundra Limited TRD Off-Road. I almost bought another Ram Rebel but the thought of dealing with the dreaded rear window leak and the horrible 11 MPG (stock setup) was too much. The seat comfort and ride quality in the Rebel was significantly better than the Tundra, but after only 25K miles the Rebel seats were starting to show wear. I also thought the V8 Hemi was tried and true but after buying it, I found the RAM forums were filled with complaints of lifter issues and problems that I worried would come up after the warranty expires. After I sold my Rebel I told myself no more Fiat/Chrysler products ever again...so I ended up in the Tundra. I am a little disappointed in some of the excessive rattles and suspension bumpiness on rough city roads, but I'm hoping that overall Toyota reliability holds true.

27. Apr 27, 2024 at 8:45 PM
    tundrametz

tundrametz New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2024 Tundra Limited TRD Off-Road
    Sorry to hear about your disappointing experience. I just left a 2020 F-150 for a new 2024 Limited. There are some things I miss about the F-150, but love my Tundra!

For what it’s worth… If you have never spent much time with the Ford 10R80 trans, they are nowhere near the feel of my Tundra’s transmission nor as smooth. Multiple 10R80’s I’ve driven have terrible shifts 3-4/4-3 and the downshift from 10 or 9 at higher speeds can be, for lack of better words, very traumatic. I had one that downshifted from 10 to around 4 at 70 MPH and it literally felt like the rear end exploded, tires broke loose, and traction control kicked in.

28. Apr 28, 2024 at 1:09 AM
    wing-2

wing-2 New Member

Member:
    Indeed. I realize this is just a turd stirring post. Enjoy the blue oval if you go that route. Just don't keep it beyond the warranty period.:hattip:

Lifer and WhiteTundra0013 like this.
  29. Apr 28, 2024 at 2:13 AM
    mjdtrdpro

Member:
    I appreciate the feedback both good and bad.

as I said I have not decided what I am going to do.

the feedbackcertainly given me food for thought.

30. Apr 28, 2024 at 6:02 AM
    Terndrerrr

Terndrerrr somewhere remote guzzling dealer repellent

Member:
    Music City
    Vehicle:
    Dual 5.7s
    TRD Fox, RAS, 285/75 DTs, dual battery, SS3 Pro
    For the life of me, I can not understand people who buy a $75k truck and then pay $1000s extra for expensive upgrades before THOROUGHLY researching and testing aspects of said vehicle that are very important to them.

OF COURSE it’s going to cost you to get out of this truck. Look at all the extra crap you paid for before realizing you don’t like the seats. :notsure:The time when you could flip for an actual profit (I don’t mean “get a lower monthly payment” on your next vehicle) after all the fees and dealer sleight-of-hand is LONG GONE.

Expensive lesson in due diligence = 10/10 thread entertainment. Would read again. :popcorn:

Lifer, Red&03Taco, cmiles97 and 2 others like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top