1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Music how-to?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Cavscout, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Apr 18, 2019 at 11:49 AM
    Cavscout

Cavscout [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Vehicle:
    2015 DC SR5 TRD
    Stock (mostly)
    Where I live, if I take a 3-4 hour drive and want to listen to music I am in a jamb. I have to search for a new station every 10-15 miles. My truck has a CD player but I have no CDs of the oldies I like. I am XM radio comparable but do not want to buy a subscription for a few times a year that I will use it. I have iheart radio on my phone but have never downloaded the app to my truck. I have also read that you can play music from a USB straight to the radio. I have the OEM non-JBL radio in my truck.
    Does anyone have any solutions to my problem? As I said this only happens a few times a year but when it does that means I have to talk to the wife the entire trip. Please help.

2. Apr 18, 2019 at 12:02 PM
    MARanger

MARanger Lost in the woods

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Home of Friendly's Ice Cream
    Vehicle:
    2017 Super White SR5 DC 4X4
    K&N Air Filter, Diamondback cover, Bumper Shells
    Buy an iPod, download music. Most are Bluetooth now. I sill use my 10 year old nano with an aux cord

15whtrd, Grumpy Uncle and JoeJob like this.
  3. Apr 18, 2019 at 12:05 PM
    token2k6

token2k6 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tundra CM SR5
    I'm assuming there is no AUX input.. you could buy a cigarette lighter Bluetooth to FM transmitter.
    Also, sure the XM subscription is daunting and you may think it's not worth it, I've had it for 14 years now and could / would never look back. You can still listen to it even if you're not taking that 3-4 hour drive ;) There is nothing like the piece of mind that wherever you go, you will always have the same music at your finger tips iso surfing that dial!

4. Apr 18, 2019 at 12:07 PM
    ToyotaTundraMike

ToyotaTundraMike Not A New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    I just connect via Bluetooth and stream music over Spotify. Never have to worry about not having good reception or listening to commercials.

$9.99/month and you can listen to any song you can think of any time you want, create playlists, download the music, etc.

dandailey likes this.
  5. Apr 18, 2019 at 12:17 PM
    JoshuaA

JoshuaA Canuck Member

Member:
    Southern Ontario
    Vehicle:
    Blaaack 2.5G
    On your desktop, install and use MediaHuman Youtube to MP3 downloader, free. Search a Youtube oldies HQ mix, filter for longer duration. Copy address and paste into program. Find where it downloaded to and transfer to your USB stick. Download a few of these to get several hours worth. Play in your tundra. The USB input is under the HU by the AUX, same port area. Choose the USB as your source (I forget how to do that, I don’t have a stock HU anymore).

6. Apr 18, 2019 at 12:51 PM
    Berdine

Berdine Voodoo Sport

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Binghamton, NY
    Vehicle:
    2020 VooDoo Blue Trd Sport
    So you have Amazon prime? Can make playlists and stream them with your bluetooth

7. Apr 18, 2019 at 1:17 PM
    Moon Puppy

Moon Puppy I'm not new!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra Limited
    I ditched XM, too much radio chatter and when I found Simon and Garfunkle on "Outlaw Country" that was it.
    Pandora with BT connection to the radio. I listen to what I want, not what "they" want me to hear.

Berdine likes this.
  8. Apr 18, 2019 at 1:43 PM
    Dean

Dean New Member

Member:
    Is your phone connected to your truck via bluetooth? If so, you can enable bluetooth on your phone and the truck will play your iHeart stations...

Cavscout[OP] likes this.
  9. Apr 18, 2019 at 1:45 PM
    TundraMcGov.

TundraMcGov. Your friend. Your foe. Not yo Ho.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jofus
    Burpinham, Babalama
    Vehicle:
    2017 Super White DC 4X4 Tundra
    You can put hundreds and hundreds of songs on a flash drive (USB stick). Plug it in. Let the head unit (HU) read it. Pick USB on the audio selection. Go to town. I realize that this requires that you have hundreds and hundreds of song files on your 'puter.

Cavscout[OP] and P-Factor like this.
  10. Apr 18, 2019 at 1:52 PM
    shakezoola

shakezoola Not a new member

Member:
    Kansas City
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra TRD Sport MGM
    N-Fab MRDS Bfront Bumper w/ Rigid Industries Radiance PODS and Curved LED Light Bar TRD Skid plate Victory 4x4 Roof rack and hood mounts with Rigid industries Midnight PODS Alpine Halo9 ILX-F309TND Alpine PDR-V75 5-Channel amp powering 4x Image Dynamics component speakers Alpine S-A60M powering 1x 12" sub Fortin Remote Start with MyCar App Switch Pros SP-9100 Pop-and-Lock tailgate lock vLeds front turn signals w/switchback Center Console Safe Pedal Commander Diamond Back HD bed cover Swing Cases Driver/Passenger Katzkin Leather seats w/ heated front seats Bilstein B8 5100's Front and rear AMP Research PowerSteps Toyota TSS wheels w/ DuraTracs Toyota bed mat Bed light (LEDs) Blacked out badges Sport Antenna
    I have a factory non-JBL system. The en-tune system, or whatever it is called, severely lacks functionality.

Use your USB input for music. I don't listen to radio, so I load up a 16GB drive and listen to it whenever I'm in my truck.

I also connect my phone via bluetooth, so I also use Amazon Prime music to listen to custom playlists. If I'm on a long drive, I download podcasts to my phone and listen to them during the drive.

Cavscout[OP] likes this.
  11. Apr 18, 2019 at 2:00 PM
    P-Factor

P-Factor New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Limited Double Cab
    TRD Sway Bar, TRD Exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake
    Yup, USB and a flash drive is all you need. I load my flash drive directly off ITunes. Enjoy!
    Note: Some of the older systems require you to use folders when programing and using a flash drive.

Cavscout[OP] likes this.
  12. Apr 18, 2019 at 8:10 PM
    Cavscout

Cavscout [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Vehicle:
    2015 DC SR5 TRD
    Stock (mostly)
    Thanks to all that replied. I think I will try iheart and maybe the USB when I amass enough music to make it worthwhile.

13. Apr 18, 2019 at 8:19 PM
    texasrho83

texasrho83 DGAF#1

Member:
    First Name:
    Charles
    Conroe TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 DC MGM 4x4
    See build link
    The real crux of all this is the poor guy has to talk to the ol lady :laugh:

14. Apr 19, 2019 at 5:49 AM
    JoshuaA

JoshuaA Canuck Member

Member:
    Southern Ontario
    Vehicle:
    Blaaack 2.5G
    No need to wait. Here’s one 2h+ file using my method above, lots other long ones on YT.

Program: https://www.mediahuman.com/download.html

Products Discussed in

To Top