1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

MP3 by folder options

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by ubserved, May 16, 2017.

1. May 16, 2017 at 3:12 PM
    ubserved

ubserved [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toytota Tundra Platinum Crewmax
    Grillguard, front LED light bar, Leer Tonneau cover, rear LED bars
    I saw another thread about this but it didn't really answer the question other than to suggest renaming all the genre's or use an ipod or bluetooth. What I would like to know, is there a way to view by folder, not album or artist. I have MP3's on a usb drive broken down into folders, like rock, jazz, comedy etc. Some of the tracks broken down by folder are listed as 'track 1' and so on, so in using the usb drive in the truck, it will show like 10 'track 1' that are each a different song or comedy mp3, then 10 'track 2' and so on. So is there a folder option on the Tundra, my last truck two trucks both of which were Silverado's (hey no booing!) had that option and was quite user friendly. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Have a great day. 8)

2. May 16, 2017 at 3:29 PM
    Ericsopa

Ericsopa Old man and the sea

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    N of Rio Grande, S of Red, E of Pecos, W of Sabine
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra CrewMax TRD Ltd Super Duper White OVtuned
    My '13 is likely different from your '17, mine's not Entune......but in my case, all my MP3 songs on my oldies flash drive have been loaded there from my laptop. When I recorded all these songs, I placed them in files in the laptop named by the decade. I have a file called 50s, one called early 60s (actually I have too many songs to put is one eraly 60s folder, so I have two early 60s, one named "early 60s" and the other "early_60s" for obvious reasons) Then there's late 60s, early 70s, late 70s, 80s, & 90s. Since that is the name of the folder, that's what shows on the Tundra display. I'm not using any software programs, no iTunes, nothing like that. Simply putting the MP3 songs in folders in the Music file in Windows Explorer. Then transferring the files to the flash drive.

So, when "Stranger on the Shore" plays, it shows the song title, Early 60s folder, Acker Bilk artist.

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  3. May 16, 2017 at 3:32 PM
    xj2202009

xj2202009 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    x
    Lutz, Fl
    Vehicle:
    2017 tundra sr double cab v8 5.7L black 4x2
    looking to replace factory Radio with a pioneer avix588bhs
    That is hardware dependant..some devices will, some won't..some support play lists but won't allow you to create them.

Products Discussed in

To Top