1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Morimoto XB gen 2 headlights causing my fuse to blow.

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by TundraE, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Dec 10, 2021 at 6:11 PM
    TundraE

TundraE [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Merced, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Magnetic Grey Tundra Crewmax SR5
    TRD Pro Grille, magnetic grey hoodie bump and front bumper ends, black emblems, 2018 black housing LED headlights and fog lights, 18 inch Black Rhino Arsenal wheels, and ICI Black Magnum RT Steps.
    Yes they are Gen 2's. Headlight Revolutions stepped up big time. Sending me a new pair and I'll send the ones I have back. I really hope that fixes it. If it doesn't then I wouldn't know what it is. I'm very confident I installed everything correctly and I've even taken it to the dealership to make sure something else wasn't wrong. I appreciate HR getting back to me. My fingers are crossed. Hope this fixes everything.

2. Dec 11, 2021 at 3:01 AM
    CMikeB

CMikeB New Member

Member:
    We're expecting a status report!

3. Dec 19, 2021 at 9:17 PM
    Underdogg

Underdogg New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 Crewmax 5.7L
    I haven't experienced a blown fuse but I just installed the XB gen 2s for tundra 14+ and the lights are VERY dim. There is no way I can even drive at night with these lights. I am really sad to hear that the most expensive headlight available has so many issues

4. Dec 19, 2021 at 10:18 PM
    SouthWestGA

SouthWestGA New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tundra CrewMAX and 2014 Nissan NV3500 Passenger
    Have you tried them with the truck running,as well as off? Just randomly curious is all

5. Dec 20, 2021 at 8:48 AM
    TundraE

TundraE [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Merced, CA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Pro Grille, magnetic grey hoodie bump and front bumper ends, black emblems, 2018 black housing LED headlights and fog lights, 18 inch Black Rhino Arsenal wheels, and ICI Black Magnum RT Steps.
    For me, when the headlights are on, they are so much brighter than my previous ones are. That's why I'm so disappointed with the blown fuse issue.

6. Dec 20, 2021 at 5:54 PM
    Underdogg

Underdogg New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 Crewmax 5.7L
    Yes, unfortunately the lights are still acting up. I'm going to pull everything out and reconnect everything to see if that fixes it :[

7. Dec 20, 2021 at 5:59 PM
    Underdogg

Underdogg New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 Crewmax 5.7L
    Heres an update, I went to go buy a multimeter today to test for blown fuses later and I noticed that my Automatic gear indicator is out. The cabin lights are all very dim too. I am assuming it did either blow a fuse or popped the LED for the gear indicator. Very strange. This is such a hassle. I gotta say the headlights look great though.

I tried installing them yesterday and the DRLs, indicator and turn signals work, hazards work. But the actual headlight itself is VERY dim when I turn them on. But when I turn them off, they get bright. Very weird. only the left side high beams work. There is also a strange pause where the lights turn off then back on when I switch between lighting modes as well. I don't know jack about wiring or electrical. This is about to be a PITA to fix

8. Dec 24, 2021 at 12:07 PM
    TundraE

TundraE [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Merced, CA
    Vehicle:
    Dang that is unfortunate. I hope you get it fixed.

9. Dec 24, 2021 at 12:30 PM
    TundraE

TundraE [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Merced, CA
    Vehicle:
    I have good news! Big shout out to @Headlight Revolution. They sent me a new pair of headlights. Unfortunately I had the same problem. They asked for detailed photos of how I wired everything. They showed the photos to their tech who said I needed to reverse the black and yellow wires on the signal adapter. It was pretty easy pushing the wires out of the adapter and switching them around. I plugged the back in and my headlights worked without blowing a fuse!! I attached some photos of my truck with the headlights on. One with the turn signal on, one with headlights on and one with just the DRL on. I apologize for the dusty truck. I hadn't drove the truck much in the past month because of the headlight issue. It's due for a wash now.

PXL_20211224_202130527~2.jpg
    PXL_20211224_202045162~2.jpg
    PXL_20211224_202023873~2.jpg

10. Dec 27, 2021 at 5:54 AM
    Headlight Revolution

Headlight Revolution New Member Vendor

Member:
    Atlanta, GA
    Glad we could find that issue! Hopefully any others in the future with similar problems can find this thread and put it to use. :hattip: The Tundra is looking amazing!

TundraE[QUOTED][OP] and Trust86 like this.
  11. Jan 21, 2022 at 7:11 PM
    Tundra2Yak

Tundra2Yak New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 1794 4x4 CM
    Pro Comp 6" Lift Fuel Renegade d263 Nitto Ridge Grappler 35 x 12.5 x 20 Borla cat-back exhaust Volant intake Bakflip MX4
    Good ending here. You guys run open box deals when items are returned?

12. Mar 1, 2022 at 8:14 PM
    19TundraCrewmax

19TundraCrewmax New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra 1974 Edition
    I just purchased the miromoto xbs from Headlight Revolution for my 19 Tundra. I loved the way they looked and I read some good reviews. After purchasing them I ended up digging a little deeper and I seen that there were many issues with them and I wanted to return them. Headlight Revolution informed me I would need to wait until i have recieved the items to have them returned. I received the XBs and harnesses and I was waiting on the fogs. Long story short I ended up installing the headlights, along with the harnesses needed for factory LEDs. Everything worked right and I was happy with the way they looked, at first.

After approx one week, I had blown fuse problems, my tail fuse would pop and I had no daytime running lights. Try to install a new fuse, turn on the lights and it popped right away. I decided I'm not gonna mess with them I'd rather not cause the damage to my truck with some aftermarket headlights. I installed my factory leds and luckily everything works correctly.

So I contacted Headlight Revolution again, they will only refund for the headlights and the fog lights. The wiring harnesses and the drl delete will not be refunded. Also I have to pay return shipping which is not what I was told by Headlight Revolution when I originally wanted to cancel the order. I'm just posting this as a buyer beware situation. I'm pretty disappointed in these lights, 1600$ and they have so many issues. It should not take 1 or 2 months of troubleshooting after an install. And I'm less than happy with Headlight Revolutions customer service.

Julikins53 and texasrho83 like this.
  13. Apr 2, 2022 at 8:58 PM
    MrALF

MrALF New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 Silver Tundra SR5
    I’m going to try this. Just noticed today that my 3 amp also blew on the Morimoto relay for my 10’ Tundra.

14. Jun 28, 2023 at 10:14 AM
    11CMGray

11CMGray New Member

Member:
    Did that fix the issue going forward. My DRl stopped working recently.

Products Discussed in

To Top