1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Morimoto DLR harness fuse replacement led to all sorts of electrical issues

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by Faulknjc1, Mar 19, 2022.

1. Mar 19, 2022 at 5:37 AM
    Faulknjc1

Faulknjc1 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle:
    2016 Sequoia Platinum 4WD
    Hello friends. I've been so thankful for how this forum has helped so far - hoping y'all can help me out with this conundrum.

2016 Sequoia Platinum here. As has been posted in other threads, my Morimoto XB LED headlamp DRLs stopped working (after about 4 months). The end of that story is that I replaced the 3A fuse on the DRL harness with a 10A and we're back in business.

BUT . . . when I first popped the hood to take a look, like an idiot I pulled the harness out while the truck was still on, and I'm thinking that might have led to this list of problems, which all happen at once, but not every time I start the truck: passenger side airbag indicator light on, traction control indicator light on, passenger seatbelt indicator light blinking, steering wheel automatic tilt not working, head unit and backup camera not working, passenger vanity mirror light not working, clock resets to 1:00. And there may be other things I haven't noticed yet.

This happened every time I drove the truck yesterday. And then this morning I started the truck and same thing. But then just a minute ago I started it up again and everything was working again. This working/not working scenario has happened a few times now over the past couple of days.

Any ideas?? I'm really confused. Seems like if it were blown fuses it wouldn't go back and forth between working and not working, right? I haven't checked any other fuses yet though...

Thanks for your help!!

Jason

2. Mar 19, 2022 at 7:08 AM
    Faulknjc1

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle:
    Okay, just tested all the fuses, under the hood and inside the cab. All fuses good. And get this - at some point during the testing all the systems that weren't working came back online. It's just a mystery to me. I imagine later today they'll not be working again. Any ideas, y'all??

3. Mar 19, 2022 at 8:36 AM
    Faulknjc1

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle:
    So I just read where this can be a "computer needs to reset itself" or "codes need to resolve" kind of issue. Does this sound probable?2

Products Discussed in

To Top