1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Moisture under driver's side floormat

Discussion in '3rd Gen Tundras (2022+)' started by jmo715, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Mar 23, 2023 at 6:18 PM
    hudrock

hudrock New Member

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    18 Tundra before 20 Sequioa now
    Just bought a used 20 Sequioa and having the same problems….carpet soaked under the driver side. Into the dealer tomorrow to hopefully find the cause.

MiketB likes this.
  2. May 28, 2023 at 7:31 AM
    MiketB

MiketB New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2023 Tundra 1794 gas

My 23 1794 had water in the wiring trough under the sill plate. Found it while detailing. Outer edges of carpet pad appeared dry but 4" in at the low point it was soaked. LSS, it was a windshield seal. Props to the dealer for being diligent in their diagnostics if not always prompt replies but I'm diligent as well and called politely each day until I spoke to someone. It took them 2 days with a hose and eventually leaving it out in the rain for a night parked at the same angle as it was at home. They didn't have anything to report up to that point so I get not wanting to call me back to tell me they need to keep the truck another day. They are paying for rental once Toyota rep approved the warranty coverage. WS replacement is Friday then more testing. Hoping things go well and I get it back after 2 weeks, but you never know.

Mattedfred likes this.
  3. May 29, 2023 at 4:11 PM
    Adam B

Adam B New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2022 Tundra TRD OFF-RD LIMITED- Green
    Have a look at this my friend. Likely the same issue, this has been a problem for numerous people. All covered under warranty

https://www.tundras.com/threads/moisture-under-drivers-side-floormat.113630/#post-3048361

4. May 31, 2023 at 7:03 AM
    jmo715

jmo715 [OP] New Member

Member:
    I had this remediated a few months back - they said it was due to poor seam sealant and tore out and replaced all of the drivers/passengers carpet and soft materials, performed mold/mildew remediation and put additional sealant on the drivers side floor. Was out for 3 weeks while they worked on figuring it out.

Covered under warranty, but the issue came back and I've since gotten rid of it for a different vehicle, due to this and a host of different issues. Definitely was not due to rain/snow being tracked into the vehicle.

I had my suspicions that it might be caused by condensation in the HVAC vent lines that run under the drivers side carpet to feed the rear HVAC vents as there is a part where two pieces join there, but that's just a hunch. Could very well be windshield seal, etc as it seems to be coming in either near the firewall or near the console, but not sure exactly. Hope they figure it out for everyone soon.

5. Aug 8, 2023 at 1:21 PM
    MiketB

MiketB New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2023 Tundra 1794 gas
    So after removing and resealing the windshield that problem re-occurred around 6/28. Dealer took possession on 7/10. Today I got the video of the second repair effort. We had some solid downpours and it tested dry today. Now we are waiting on new rugs and padding then Servepro for any mold/mildew remediation. Probably won't see the truck until Labor Day if I'm lucky. Here's a video of the resolution.
    https://clipchamp.com/watch/9XSG3Lbg09j

DMC11 likes this.
  6. Aug 9, 2023 at 2:44 PM
    DMC11

DMC11 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    22 Tundra LR Limited OR
    @jmo715 could you PM me please?

7. Aug 24, 2023 at 11:45 AM
    MiketB

MiketB New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2023 Tundra 1794 gas

When I spoke with the dealer rep on 8/17 I was told that parts were on order and not to expect arrival prior to Labor Day. on Tuesday I called the parts dept and lo and behold, the parts arrived that very day! Now the truck needs to be treated then reassembled and I'm told 2 weeks. Should have called sooner.

8. Oct 7, 2023 at 5:43 AM
    MiketB

MiketB New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2023 Tundra 1794 gas
    Truck is back! After another month of false promises and avoiding my communication after being told, for a month, that Servpro was holding things up I jumped in. Had to call Servpro and whaddaya know, truck is back in 5 days. I should havebeen more involved sooner and rammed this through. The level of incompetence in this adventure was phenomenal. Perhaps complete apathy? Harr Toyota in Worc MA in case anyone is wondering.

Leo's first likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top