1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Maple Syrup: Season 3

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Pudge, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Apr 15, 2019 at 8:53 AM
    RoujePN

RoujePN New Member

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2019 Platinum CM 4x4 5.7L 1G3
    ^^What they say^^ Props to Sean!!:militarypress:

2. Apr 15, 2019 at 5:22 PM
    NewImprovedRon

NewImprovedRon SouthBoundSteve Fan Club President

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    2015 Radiant Red TSS Doublecab 4X4 Off Road
    Deck rail system, Bed divider, door sill protectors, LED reverse light bars, Aries Bull Bar with 28" 180 watt LED light bar, LED step lights, LED bed lights, driver-side grab handle, TRD Rear Sway Bar, BedRug bed mat and tailgate mat, Morimoto Fog Lights, more to come.....
    He is definitely a hard-working dude!

3. Apr 24, 2019 at 4:37 PM
    Pudge

Pudge [OP] Sap Wizard

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2015 Blue Ribbon Platinum
    TRD PRO grille, OCD consol organizers, DIY wireless phone charger, 33" Michelin Defender LTX MS, Bak revolver X2 tonneau, weathertech liners, 20% tints. DIY pop n lock, 2018 LED headlights, morimoto fogs, TRD shift knob
    I feel awful that I haven't updated this thread and haven't sent ant syrup out yet.
    My brother was supposed to make up for screwing the season by bottling the last 2 weeks, well he didn't and I haven't had time.
    He was also supposed to go take down the buckets from the trees and never did that either. So I did yesterday before they rusted out and got ruined. The metal buckets would cost at least $10 a pop to replace so I wasnt waiting for him anymore. I started cleaning them out today. This is about 1/3 of the buckets soaking, next is bleach, then power wash. Clean up sucks but someone has to do it.
    He says he will bottle this weekend, promises me that he will. If he doesnt then I will go next week and pack up all the finishing and bottling equipment and set it up in my garage. That's about a 4 hour process just moving and setting up. But having it at my house will allow me to bottle everything in a couple days. Everything is at the sugar house, aka my brothers barn now and bottling there is very tough for me because as the syrup is heating up you can not leave it, and heating can take 2-4 hours. At least at my house I could do other things as it heats and filters and check it now and then. When I do it there it's just a lot of sitting around.
    I apologize to everyone who is waiting and appreciate your patience. As it is, with him dropping the ball a few times I figure to have lost about 10 gallons of syrup from non productivity, which is a $1500 loss of revenue. I just hope to be able to serve my repeat customers and save my reputation and hopefully next year will go smoother.
    *edit* by return customers I mean 2 local stores and farm stands. I should be able to fill every tundras.com order whether you've ordered in the past or not :)
    20190424_113552.jpg

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  4. Apr 24, 2019 at 4:46 PM
    NewImprovedRon

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    Deck rail system, Bed divider, door sill protectors, LED reverse light bars, Aries Bull Bar with 28" 180 watt LED light bar, LED step lights, LED bed lights, driver-side grab handle, TRD Rear Sway Bar, BedRug bed mat and tailgate mat, Morimoto Fog Lights, more to come.....
    Sean, no sweat, Brother! Sorry you have had a tough time with your help this season. Just say the word when you are ready to start taking orders and do not be concerned with your reputation. You are tops in my book!

RoujePN, Pudge [OP] and jewsNbrews like this.
  5. Apr 24, 2019 at 4:50 PM
    phogallen

phogallen My Last Mid-Life Crisis

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    2019 Black 1794 Fusion Edition
    TRD Pro Grill, front bumper end caps, mirror caps and door handles blacked out. ATC Cap, Cap Pack 6 Gun Drawer, LED lights in CAP, Rhino rails on top, 12 volt accessory plugs. Weathertech floor mats, after market antenae. Ceramic tint film to driver and passenger door. Coachbuilder shims ,+2 shackles, steering kit, bumper shims, Bora 1.25 wheel spacers Bilstein 5100's on mid setting. BW flares with blacked out Route 66 screws. Gloss black powder coated OEM rims and Cooper 295/70/18 ST MAXX. Tech12Volt sound system upgrade...JL C2's doors and C1's on dash, 5 channel JL amp, 2 10inch subs in custom box and DSR1 sound processor...Soundskins in doors and back wall. Trunk and body badges removed. Powder coated tow hooks red. Linex bed lining front bra film and flares along with full ceramic coat. Cramic Pro interior plus windshield treatment. Toyota running boards and TRD anti sway bars in front and rear along with blacked out exhaust tip. TRD door latch cover plates. Full VLED light upgrade puddle, license, interior added footwell plus rear tail light brake, reverse. Added ASM turn signal LED's in front. OPT 7 tailgate light in red. Baja Design amber squadrons wc in front and SR2 Pro's in amber on rear bumper. Filmed reverse light in back, added red shackle on tow hitch and new license plate in front
    Wow looks fantastic

Pudge [OP] likes this.
  6. Apr 24, 2019 at 5:01 PM
    jewsNbrews

jewsNbrews MGM's for the win!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Walla Walla Wa
    Vehicle:
    2017 SR5 CM TRD off road
    Spray in bed liner Deck Rail system Tinted windows Blackout badges Pro grill and hood bulge Weather tech matts Nfab Nerf steps w 3rd step bed access Zdog tool chest Ceramic coat paint protection Bumper end caps paint matched Fuel Trophy 18x9 +20 offset Toyo Open Country A/T II 285/65 New England Patriots seat covers Black TRD shifter
    That's a bummer dude. Hopefully you can look back at it and realize it's a hobby and supposed to be fun and not a business venture. Reap the rewards that you get from the hard work this year and not focus on the what could have been scenarios. Remember your health and stress levels are more important than our orders. Wish I was closer as I would totally help out.

7. Apr 24, 2019 at 5:04 PM
    AZTundra

AZTundra No Longer a New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2017 White Crewmax Limited 5.7 FFV
    TRD Goodies (Pro Suspension, Pro Grille, Exhaust, CAI, Rear Sway Bar, Oil Cap). Weather Tech Floormats, BakFlip MX4, Spray In Bedliner, AMP Research Bed Extender and Bed Step, Side Steps, B&W Adjustable Drop Hitch, AJT Designs Battery Hold Down.
    @Pudge That looks like some serious work to accomplish the end result. I haven't tried any in the past, but am hoping to this season (as long as you have enough to go around). If I wasn't so far away I'd offer to come and assist with whatever you needed, but from AZ it's a bit of a haul. Sorry to hear about the lost revenue - maybe bump up the cost a bit, even $1 or $2 per bottle would go a long way and I'm sure it wouldn't cause anyone not to purchase.

Migraine and Pudge [OP] like this.
  8. Apr 24, 2019 at 5:05 PM
    COMiamiFan

COMiamiFan Wanna pet my Woobie?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jose
    Parker, CO
    Vehicle:
    2016 White Crew Max TRD
    TRD Pro Grille, ESP Storage, Tailgate Inserts, Line-X Bedliner, Weathertech Floorliners, Wet Okole Seat Covers, 5" Shorty Antenna, Mickey Thompson MM-366 Wheels, ToyTec Boss, 35" BFG KO2 to name a few.
    No pressure Sean. As others have said it’s a hobby. So don’t kill yourself over it. We will appreciate whatever you end up doing.

9. Apr 24, 2019 at 5:07 PM
    JMB

JMB Not new, just a little old.

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Super White Tundra DC
    5100s all around, 295-70-18 Defenders, 1.25 Spidertrax spacers, BD reverse lights, de-badged, interior LEDs, footwell LEDs, reverse LEDs, ARE cap, front receiver hitch for cooler holder, cooler holder/rod rack, backup camera, Kenwood HU, Westin nerf bars, Husky floor liners, folding rear seats, remote battery posts, plastidip grill chrome, Powder coat bumpers.
    Yeah take care of business like you need to. I have super mega advance alert set for this thread, so I'll see your order up post one hour before you post it.

NewImprovedRon and Pudge [OP] like this.
  10. Apr 24, 2019 at 5:11 PM
    Squatting Pigeon

Squatting Pigeon Not so funny meow, is it?

Member:
    First Name:
    Holden
    Fort Worth TX.
    Vehicle:
    3rd Gen Black Crewmax
    You know we're all in support of you @Pudge! Do your best and it will be the best, that's all that matters. Hopefully the rest of the process goes smoothly for you sir.
    :cheers:

11. Apr 24, 2019 at 6:10 PM
    Migraine

Migraine Why? Just because...

Member:
    First Name:
    Margaret
    The Ghetto (Tacoma, WA)
    Vehicle:
    2019 MGM Tundra Platinum
    Drivers side handle, bed cover, TRD exhaust, locker down center console, spray in bed liner, 2019 Trd pro black headlights. TRD, CAI, ARB Summit Fornt Bunper, Warn M8000 winch, Led interior lights, Tundras.com window decal. Next week 6112/5160 3" Coach Builder Shackles. When the arrive PNP type 4 sliders. :)
    Hey Sean,
    If you have any for the unworthy masses, I would be willing to pay 33% more. The stuff we get at Costco is not great and your prices are less than what I pay from a vendor in MI, well 33% less. So I would 100% be willing to help a person I like out. It's OK to raise prices, it's called supply and demand my dear.
    -(hugs)- Meg

12. Apr 24, 2019 at 6:48 PM
    Pudge

Pudge [OP] Sap Wizard

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    TRD PRO grille, OCD consol organizers, DIY wireless phone charger, 33" Michelin Defender LTX MS, Bak revolver X2 tonneau, weathertech liners, 20% tints. DIY pop n lock, 2018 LED headlights, morimoto fogs, TRD shift knob
    Thanks everyone. I hope to keep my pricing thesame, with a possible slight up charge on the quarts. Will update as soon as I have some to ship.

13. Apr 24, 2019 at 9:14 PM
    Migraine

Member:
    First Name:
    Margaret
    The Ghetto (Tacoma, WA)
    Vehicle:
    2019 MGM Tundra Platinum
    Drivers side handle, bed cover, TRD exhaust, locker down center console, spray in bed liner, 2019 Trd pro black headlights. TRD, CAI, ARB Summit Fornt Bunper, Warn M8000 winch, Led interior lights, Tundras.com window decal. Next week 6112/5160 3" Coach Builder Shackles. When the arrive PNP type 4 sliders. :)
    30% is a good number :)

14. Apr 25, 2019 at 8:08 PM
    RoujePN

RoujePN New Member

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2019 Platinum CM 4x4 5.7L 1G3
    ^^Ditto^^ Sean. Do what you need to, we understand everything you have gone through this year.. water leak included... Anyways let us know how we can help, hell just recycle the buckets and collectively we can certainly fund a new set of those fresh for next season. Sorry us newcomers appears we missed this seasons batch, but surely will be back in line for 2020. Cheers brother!!

Migraine likes this.
  15. Apr 25, 2019 at 8:48 PM
    Pudge

Pudge [OP] Sap Wizard

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Don't worry about newcomers missing out. I should certainly be able to get everyone their syrup, just will be a little late. By returning customers in my post, I was referring to the 2 local stores and farm stands that I supply (one store buys about 30% of my syrup produced, up front, cash, full price so I can't lose that account). But I will always be sure to supply my tundras.com people with syrup, without you guys this wouldn't be possible. So don't worry, I got ya.

As far as new buckets, I should be okay with the ones I have. It would cost thousands to replace them, so I'll get them cleaned up. I can also coat the insides with a resin which eventually I will end up doing over the years.

Ugh the water leak, lol. That was a tough start to the season. I still haven't had time to sheetrock my ceiling yet so I have a nice 6x8 foot hole in the kitchen but I'm used to it now lol. At least I found the source of the leak and repaired it. Hope to get the ceiling patched before too long. Also have quite a few other home improvement projects to do, as I may be needing to move soon. It's a long story but the ex wife currently rents in a town with great schools which is where madelyn goes to school (2nd grade), and I live in a town with not so greatt schools. Well the ex wants to move, probably to be closer to her new BF, she thinks it's okay to displace madelyn from her school and send her to a much lower ranked school system, I disagree so hope I can sell and buy in the town with good schools. Problem is the homes cost significantly more than my town and property taxes are at least 50% more. I'd likely have to downsize or buy a fixer upper for similar price for what I sell my completely remodeled and updated home. Oh well. Gotta do what's best for my daughter.

Did I mention I have been going back to school for my BSN? (batchelor of nursing). I earned my associate's degree 15 years ago and have been very, very slowly been taking classes online to get my BSN. There's no pay raise and I will likely have the same job when I'm done but the BSN will give me more options. Anyway, I was taking an online class during syrup season and struggled to get through it, but I did. I start another class May 1st, then I only have 3 to go! I'm going slow because I don't have time to take more than once class at a time, and I get tuition reimbursement through work, but only $3,300 per year, which allows me to take 2-3 classes per year and I have taken a few semesters off over the years.

Thanks for your support, everyone!
    I will get your syrup to you asap. I should have no excuse to leave anyone out. Boxing and shipping is a time consuming pain in the ass, but like I said, without my tundras.com family, this whole syrup thing wouldn't be possible.

Sunnier, RoujePN, jewsNbrews and 5 others like this.
  16. Apr 25, 2019 at 8:56 PM
    Migraine

Member:
    First Name:
    Margaret
    The Ghetto (Tacoma, WA)
    Vehicle:
    2019 MGM Tundra Platinum
    @Pudge Yay for the BSN! It is a great move!

RoujePN and jewsNbrews like this.
  17. Apr 26, 2019 at 6:03 AM
    NewImprovedRon

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    Like I said earlier, you are one hard-working dude, Sean! Lots of irons in the fire, your head is screwed on straight, and your priorities are spot on. I hope you make some time for yourself as well!

Watt maker, RoujePN and jewsNbrews like this.
  18. May 15, 2019 at 5:35 PM
    AZTundra

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    TRD Goodies (Pro Suspension, Pro Grille, Exhaust, CAI, Rear Sway Bar, Oil Cap). Weather Tech Floormats, BakFlip MX4, Spray In Bedliner, AMP Research Bed Extender and Bed Step, Side Steps, B&W Adjustable Drop Hitch, AJT Designs Battery Hold Down.
    @Pudge Any updates on the bottling process? Not trying to rush you at all, just curious. :thumbsup:

19. May 15, 2019 at 5:40 PM
    Pudge

Pudge [OP] Sap Wizard

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Actually yes. I bottled up 20 cases of 16oz last week and bought 45 cases of 8oz today. I also have about 80 plastic quarts to fill up.
    I started with 3.5oz glass maple leaf bottled because a close friend bought 100 of them to use as wedding favors for her wedding in June. So by next week I should have 600+ bottles of syrup ready to go.

20. May 15, 2019 at 5:41 PM
    AZTundra

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    :yes:

Pudge [OP] likes this.
  21. May 15, 2019 at 5:45 PM
    Watt maker

Watt maker Keepin' the lights on!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ronald
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Pro Tundra DC Cement
    1 of 255
    :yes:x2

Pudge [OP] likes this.
  22. May 15, 2019 at 5:46 PM
    JMB

JMB Not new, just a little old.

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Super White Tundra DC
    5100s all around, 295-70-18 Defenders, 1.25 Spidertrax spacers, BD reverse lights, de-badged, interior LEDs, footwell LEDs, reverse LEDs, ARE cap, front receiver hitch for cooler holder, cooler holder/rod rack, backup camera, Kenwood HU, Westin nerf bars, Husky floor liners, folding rear seats, remote battery posts, plastidip grill chrome, Powder coat bumpers.
    :spending:standing by.

Pudge [OP] likes this.
  23. May 15, 2019 at 5:53 PM
    mcap393

mcap393 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle:
    2017 White Crewmax LTD
    Yes.... Hopefully there is a bottle left up for grabs for a fellow overtaxed CT resident .

jewsNbrews and Pudge [OP] like this.
  24. May 15, 2019 at 5:56 PM
    AZTundra

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Oh man...you're in CT. @Pudge is going to have to tax your order. :rofl:

25. May 15, 2019 at 6:09 PM
    mcap393

mcap393 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle:
    2017 White Crewmax LTD
    :( Probably.

Pudge [OP] likes this.
  26. May 15, 2019 at 6:14 PM
    seniramsu

seniramsu Pro Runnin

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Pro Tundra Wht
    Whoop whoop :spending::spending:

Pudge [OP] likes this.
  27. May 15, 2019 at 6:22 PM
    Sunnier

Sunnier Marty McFly's Fan Club President (& Stunt Double!)

Member:
    First Name:
    Sunny
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Inferno Tundra DC TRD & Longtravel 1st Gen, Banner/ HulkSmash build
    If I get a winch on my 2WD, can I overland with the BASTRDs and SGU?!
    I just got caught up (I guess I missed these while I was at T2S).

Bummed about your brother.
    Excited about the prospect of another syrup order!
    Bummer about your ex moving.
    Super impressed (but not surprised) by your willingness to move to keep your daughter in a good school.

#waytodad

JMB, Watt maker, Pudge [OP] and 3 others like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top