1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Maestro RR wiring with non-jbl With amp??

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Tankstew, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Jun 25, 2020 at 5:00 PM
    Snowcat4360

Snowcat4360 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Sport Crewmax
    Century topper, bed rug, ultimate rod case
    12 volt solutions

2. Jun 25, 2020 at 5:05 PM
    19TurdPro

19TurdPro New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra TRD Pro
    Normal behavior. I actually prefer it that way. Sometimes I leave the music cranked and the neighbors don't like the subs cranking at 6 a.m.

Anyway, you'd have to see about wiring one of the auxiliaries of the Fortin EVO One up to your radio, then enable it in the programming.

3. Oct 14, 2020 at 6:02 AM
    craigblitz

craigblitz New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 SR5 4WD

Really stupid question(s) here... In the wire harness example he connects the brake wire to the ground on the radio wiring harness it looks like. When you connect that to the Maestero unit do you just connect ground to ground and not connect the brake bypass? Hope that makes sense.. Getting ready to start this project today.... A bit nervous

4. Oct 14, 2020 at 11:47 PM
    preacher35

preacher35 RIGHTEOUS MEMBER

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2018 MGM Platinum Crewmax 4x4
    Here is what matters when it comes to the "brake bypass": the light green "parking sensor" wire coming out of your Kenwood head unit needs to be grounded, in some way, to the truck. In that video that you reference, Dean is simply grounding the light green wire on the iDatalink Maestro TO2 harness to the ground wire on the same harness as once your Kenwood h/u is plugged into said harness, you will then have all of the features that would normally be turned off during driving. Now, that being said, if you still do not understand, here is a MUCH BETTER video from Dean at 5Star Car Stereo, doing to the full iDatalink Maestro TO2 harness install on a Kenwood H/U for a Tundra. If you watch this, you will know exactly how to do each and every step. It's what I used and made the whole damned thing SIMPLE!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhiMy1GPayE

5. Oct 15, 2020 at 2:01 AM
    craigblitz

craigblitz New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 SR5 4WD
    Thank you Peacher35. Makes complete sense. I have watched that video and followed your posts before I decided to give this a try. Both have been a huge help. Thank you again for the answer and your other post helping others that have helped me as well.

6. Oct 15, 2020 at 3:45 PM
    preacher35

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    No problem bud! Any other questions or issues, just drop me a line.

7. Oct 15, 2020 at 5:39 PM
    craigblitz

craigblitz New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 SR5 4WD
    Just got done installing and testing everything (Kenwood DMX907s) couldn't have been any easier because of the help I found on this forum and from preacher35. Hardest part might have been running on the ODBII and mic cable. I have never done this before so those on the fence about doing it or paying for it you might want to give it a try. Also installed the center console wireless charger. With all that said I now LOVE the way my truck sounds and being able to get rid of the wires in the front seat. Thanks again everyone.

8. Oct 17, 2020 at 11:14 PM
    preacher35

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    Glad to hear that you got it all done and that you are happy with it! Regarding the ODBII cable and mic wire: I had to carefully and strategically thread my ODBII cable behind the stereo and dash down to the port; but for the mic, I did NOT run it up to the ceiling. SCREW THAT! I simply ran it to the gauge cluster bezel, drilled a hole and pushed it into a rubber grommet. Looks perfect and it actually picks up my voice better than the OEM mic location.

9. Oct 29, 2020 at 4:50 PM
    Westside_cook

Westside_cook New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Double Cab in Superwhite
    Stock
    I just installed a dnx996xr a few days ago. Does anyone else have an issue with the voice control button. When connected to Android auto it works no problem but if I'm not on AA it doesn't work. Says something about voice calibration. So I select to allow it but it doesn't do anything? The weird thing is that it worked fine for 2 days before I set up android auto. Any ideas?

10. Nov 13, 2020 at 1:54 PM
    BrianH4x4

BrianH4x4 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Shelby, North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2015 silver sky metallic
    USB plug added for backseat 6 circuit fuse holder added Amp power steps Bed lights Bumper led ( anytime) lights Amp reasearch bed step Focal three way components up front Focal 165 in rear Jl xd200 amp for front stage Jl xd 300 amp for 10 W3 -D4 sub Maestro rr for steering wheel control
    Any one running a Focal three way component set up front. Likes / dislikes??

11. Dec 8, 2020 at 8:02 PM
    BrianH4x4

BrianH4x4 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Shelby, North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2015 silver sky metallic
    USB plug added for backseat 6 circuit fuse holder added Amp power steps Bed lights Bumper led ( anytime) lights Amp reasearch bed step Focal three way components up front Focal 165 in rear Jl xd200 amp for front stage Jl xd 300 amp for 10 W3 -D4 sub Maestro rr for steering wheel control
    Bump....

Products Discussed in

To Top