1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lost trailer ramp...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by ColoradoTJ, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Sep 22, 2016 at 6:44 PM
    ColoradoTJ

ColoradoTJ [OP] Certified tow LEO Staff Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    Calibrated Power 5 Tune pack, Allison 1000 tune, PPE deep trans pan, Cold/Hot CAC pipes, Banks CAI, PCV reroute, resonator delete, S&B 62 gal fuel tank, B&W GN hitch
    On my last Offroad Mecca trip I ended up breaking one of my "golden" rules.....

-Always hook up trailer without the assistance of others. This way I know it is done, and done right.

We were hitting the trails hard, lots of things going on. Well my brother put up my ramps and locked them down, or so I thought. The road out was about 12 miles of dirt road that was a little bumpy to say the least. I'm not sure where we lost it, but I hope it was on the dirt road so nobody was hurt.

I called around locally and got a 240.00 quote from multiple places and I had to buy two. Well that wasn't happening. So, I went to my favorite steel supply store and picked up some C channel and angle iron. I even paid for 8 cuts (1.00 each), and found some scrap 1/4" plate that already had a 90* bend. Winning!!!! $57.00 later, a beer and 1.25 hours....

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Moral of the story: Don't be a dumbass when hooking up your trailer. In the event you are a dumbass, building your own ramps are way cheaper.

2. Sep 22, 2016 at 6:57 PM
    Black Wolf

Black Wolf Bigfoot Hunter, Sasquatch too, but not Yeti

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    2022 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    TuwaPro rack, Z1 Offroad stuff, NISMO suspension stuff, FlowmasterFX Extreme exhaust, AIS, OVS, J&L can, other goodies on the way
    I like a good ending. :thumbsup:

ColoradoTJ[OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top