1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Long Tube Mid Pipe to TRD Catback Exhaust Gasket

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by swank501, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Feb 26, 2020 at 9:59 AM
    swank501

swank501 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Vehicle:
    2007 single cab 4x4
    TRD S/C Crewmax window conversion Auburn LSD Custom interior
    I am looking for a solution for the gasket interface where the ARH mids bolt up to my TRD catback. I have developed a small leak on the passenger side, and am pretty sure it has to do with the differing flange profiles between the ARH (flat face) and the TRD catback (recessed face). Standard 2 bolt flange gaskets i do not believe can conform and seal correctly in this application, atleast not long term.

I called and spoke to ARH, but they were not that helpful. First they told me there should not be a gasket there at all. When i asked for the bolt hole spacing they initially would not give me the info. After some back and forth, they finally went and measured it to be 4". Can anyone else confirm this is correct?

I think a Remflex gasket would work in this situation since they are designed to be thicker and compliant to irregular surfaces. Has anyone tried these? They have 2 possible options for a 2.5" ID. Once has an bolt spacing range of 3.5-4.25" which would obv work. The other is specific to mopar at 3-29/32", which is really close to 4". Also why i am asking if anyone can confirm the bolt spacing on the midpipe flange?

It makes more sense to just order the variable size one, but it is more expensive and i can get the Mopar one for about 1/2 price and shipped Prime. Not a huge deal, but if the measurement works out, its an easy choice.

upload_2020-2-26_11-51-34.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top