1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Long Tube Headers and Regular Maintenance

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by 00PS, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Feb 9, 2020 at 10:57 AM
    00PS

00PS [OP] New Member

Member:
    ::1
    Vehicle:
    2016 Barcelona Red Limited Crewmax TRD 4x4
    I’ve been eyeballing and considering doing LT Headers and a full BAM exhaust. My truck is a lease and I have every intention to buy the truck but it does limit the mods I can do because of my “maintenance” plan. I get everything replaced/maintained no charge. Oil, tires, wipers, other fluids, brakes, battery, lights, state inspection, etc. (not quite your typical lease), As long as it’s a Toyota part, it’s covered.

I want more performance though and LTs + exhaust might do that, but I cannot interfere with the techs ability to do their job. The LTs are a tight squeeze from the pictures I’ve seen so would they interfere with maintaining the vehicle under normal wear/tear items? How about working around drive shafts, front diff, alternator, etc?

This might be something I hold off until I own the truck, but I want more power now! :D

2. Feb 9, 2020 at 11:06 AM
    Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer Vinyl Spinner

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2002 4.7L RCLB 4X4 2007 5.7L RCSB 4X2
    Ask the dealer what would be covered if you paid them to install the LTs and BAMuffler exhaust... I don't see where any of what you are planning would hinder maintenance or repair. Maybe install a TRD or RCI skid plate with the oil filter door, and make their job that much easier.

Products Discussed in

To Top