1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

little help please.

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tundras (2007-2013)' started by daem0n55, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Jul 31, 2020 at 10:47 PM
    daem0n55

daem0n55 [OP] New Member

Member:
    I just made a purchase and brought this 2010! And I'm back. It came with a 3 inch left and rear blocks. I notice that when u go over bumpers the steering wheel is to wobbly especially if im going over 50 on the highway kinda makes the truck jerk i did notice that one of the front swaybar links bushing has grease coming out of it is there anything else that can be causing this issue the shocks are the regular Factory ones.

20200731_092830.jpg
    20200731_185555.jpg

2. Aug 1, 2020 at 12:04 AM
    Tundra234

Tundra234 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra DC SR5 Barcelona
    Alot of them
    It could be any number of things....steering stabilizer, ball joint, tie rod, tire balance, bad rotor.

rons23 likes this.
  3. Aug 1, 2020 at 10:18 AM
    jalam321

jalam321 New Member

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    Tundra CM Platinum 4x4 and Sequoia Platinum 4x4
    When you say wobbly...do you mean the steering wheel shakes? OR the truck feels like it wandering ? If steering wheel shakes, the tires may need rebalance. IF it's wandering and does not feel controlled...Try replacing that sway bar link bushing first since you said it looks worn. Or could be bad shocks also. How many miles do you have on them? But like previous post said..it could be number of things.

4. Aug 1, 2020 at 10:52 AM
    daem0n55

daem0n55 [OP] New Member

Member:

I getva little of both i can tell wheels need to be balance. The truck feels like it's wondering not sure how old the shocks are since I brought it from the dealer.

5. Aug 1, 2020 at 11:24 AM
    41bigdawg

41bigdawg Let the BIG DAWG Eat

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DC 5.7
    Magnum front, Iron Cross rear bumpers, SB Cold air intake and Gibson Metal Mulisha exhaust, Fender flares, Tow mirrors, 18" Outlaw wheels, 12k Smitty X2O winch, Tech 12v auto start, Firestone Air Bags, Pedal Commander, Devil Horns, etc...
    Could be anything, ball joints, tie rods, steering link, wheel bearings or alignment...I would start with checking tie rods, ball joints and stabilizer links. Any slop in those will cause you problems. Nice looking truck :)

6. Aug 1, 2020 at 11:31 AM
    joonbug

joonbug °°°°°°°°°°

Member:
    First Name:
    Joon
    NorCal - Dublin
    Vehicle:
    2020 Long Travel DC
    May need more caster

Zero One Actual and 41bigdawg like this.
  7. Aug 1, 2020 at 11:39 AM
    joesTundra

joesTundra New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Vehicle:
    2018, Toyota Tundra Limited, TRD 4x4 off road
    entire front suspension including the drive shafts

41bigdawg likes this.
  8. Aug 1, 2020 at 7:25 PM
    daem0n55

daem0n55 [OP] New Member

Member:

Right...

9. Aug 2, 2020 at 7:10 PM
    TigOlTundra

TigOlTundra New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tig
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    2010 SR5 TRD Off-Road, DC 4.6L Slate Metalic
    Hypertech Interceptor, Old Man Emu 612 Front Coilovers and Rear Sport Nitrocharger Shocks, Mamba M19 Wheels, Falken Wildpeak AT3W Tires, Tyger Auto Blades, EAG Grill with lights, DNA Motoring LED/DRL Smoked Headlights, Tubro SII LED Highs and Lows, DTMoto LED Tube Smoked Tail/Brakelights, Alla Lighting Rear Signal LEDs and Reverse LEDs, Note Smoked Third Brake/Cargo light, Plasti-dipped badges, Back-rack, Husky X-Act Contour Floor Liners, OEM Rear Underseat Storage, Colormatched Land Cruiser "Toyota" Grill Badge
    WElcome Back. I have a 2010 Slate Gray Metallic. Good looking unit you got, although i dont have any insight I wish you well and hope you find your solution

10. Aug 17, 2020 at 10:30 PM
    NueveTundra

NueveTundra Mod list in Bio

Member:
    Planet Earth
    Vehicle:
    07, Black Tundra SR5 CrewMax
    Exterior: Toytec ultimate 3" lift level, Total Chaos Uniball UCA's, Total Chaos Cam Tab Gusset kit, AcanII smoked headlights, AcanII smoke Tail lights (2.5 gen style), DV8 front winch bumper , Badlands 12k winch with Apex Synthetic, White AUTMATCH Shackles 3/4" D Ring Shackle, Apex Winch shackle, Trail Ridge mirrors ,Icon Rebound Pro 17"x8.5" +25, Cooper Discovery STT Pro 285/70R17, PowerStop drilled n slotted rotors W/Carbon pads, Rigid flood flush mounts rear bumper , WeatherTec rain guards , OEM black side badges , Rigid Amber Radiance Pods. Energy Suspension Red Rack and Pinion Bushings, EAG front mesh Grille, RCI HighLift bed mounts. Rough Country DS2 Steps, A.R.E OverLand Canopy with Ascend basket, Stickers: ToyTec lifts windshield banner, Red Strange Music window sticker(back cab), White Strange Music sticker(back canopy), White Rigid sticker x2 (canopy sides), white Official BigFoot Research Team (Back Canopy) Interior: Alpine double din touch iLX-650 , JL C5-653's (front) JL C1-650x (rear) , JL JX400 4 channel amp , JL JX500 mono amp , 2 JL 12" subs , WeatherTec floor mats, Kenwood F/R Dash Cams, Black steering wheel emblem overlay, Tekonsha P3 Brake controller, ToyTec "Fresh" Scent coilover air freshener, Under the Hood: Koyo all aluminum radiator, Mishimoto red silicon hoses , XS Power 3000 amp battery , LAlectric 300 amp Alternator , K&N replacement filter. Online LED store accessories Fuse/relay box. (Identified) Dirty Deeds 8" Cat back exhaust with DD resonator delete/axel over converted into dump. Coming soon:
    i literally just posted this in another spot for similar but different issue ....

have your rack and pinion bushings checked. those pesky bastards was my issue of the same problem.

if your mechanically inclined or mildly and want to check the bushings your self.

with the wheels straight pull of the front skid plate clean the area around the bushings and on the R&P , put some painters tape around the bottom bolt up to the top part of the bolt nice and tight. put the vehicle in accessory mode/position and turn the wheel back and forth hard. if the tape breaks its the Rack & Pinion bushings.

i went down the rabbit hole with that one chasing it for months. almost bought new rims and upper control arms. till i talked to my buddy who does lifts and truck services told me to do that.

if you need location pics let me know i have plenty from i did mine......

its most likely something with steering or angle

Products Discussed in

To Top