1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Line-X - Rhino Liner- or Toyota bed liner

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by SuperSilverTundra, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Oct 5, 2016 at 11:45 AM
    SuperSilverTundra

SuperSilverTundra [OP] i didnt pull up i Landed

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Los Angeles California
    Vehicle:
    16 TUNDRA 5.7 PLATINUM-PRO
    3"/1" TOYTEC 18x9 XD818 Heist 295/70r18 COOPER XLT DirtyDeeds BAMuffler 2018 LEDs KatzKin Leather S&B CAI
    I agree I watched some youtube videos and they demonstrated how tough the Line-x actually is and its amazing how strong that stuff can be:benchpress:

2. Oct 5, 2016 at 11:54 AM
    15whtrd

15whtrd Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    White 2015 Tundra DC SR5 TRD 4x4 5.7L, White 2003 Sequoia 2WD
    TRD Pro suspension, +2 Coachbuilder shackles, 2015 TRD Pro headlights, 20% ceramic tinted windows, clear ceramic tinted front windshield, aFe drop in pro s dry air filter, TRD airflow accelerator, TRD oil fill cap, TRD 18 psi radiator cap, BDX Bullydog tuner, Weathertech floor mats front and rear, rear seat fold down mod, DNA hard trifold tonneau cover, Linex with uv protection, TRD rear swaybar, TRD center caps, TRD Pro grille insert with color matching surround and bulge, TRD PRO headlights, aluminum oil filter canister, Real truck tailgate seal, Pop-n-lock tailgate lock actuator, rear diff breather relocate, RCI front skid plate. 275/70 R18 BFG KO2s
    Maybe were misunderstanding each other here. You are talking about the plastic drop in liner aren't you? I've witnessed it myself on any other type of truck with a drop in plastic liner, that moisture or water will get in between the two surfaces and start causing rust. And quite a few tundras I have seen pictures of rust forming around the bed bolt holes. I would think a drop in liner in combination with moisture would further advance the rusting process. Actually I'm positive It would. Any type of scratch on the paint underneath the liner is susceptible. That's why I got my spraying done while the truck was new. Crossing my fingers I never have any rust issues.

TheBeast likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top