1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lift kit and tires

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Cathlabrunner, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Feb 2, 2016 at 10:06 AM
    Cathlabrunner

Cathlabrunner [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hello,

I am currently driving a 2014 Toyota Tundra with factory Bridgestone p285 55r20 tires. I am looking to both install a leveling kit and the necessary larger tires.

My questions:
    1.) Is there a certain lift kit to use vs. others? I am looking to do a simple 2" lift.
    2.) Which tires to go with? I am thinking something like Nitto 305 55r20's? I do ALOT of highway driving but am a outdoor sportsman that hunts and fishes with some all terrain usage

Any help is great appreciated,

Thanks, JB

2. Feb 2, 2016 at 10:41 AM
    csuviper

csuviper Moderator Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Broomfield, CO
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Sport CM 5.7L 4X4
    Some Mods :) See build thread for details
    Hello and welcome. You came to the right place.

1. For a simple level you are looking at a 2" front lift. You could go with a spacer lift or for a better ride a new coilover. There are a few options with new coilovers. You can get a coilover that has set adjustment points like a Bilstein 5100 or a fully adjustable coilover like what @ToyTec Lifts offers.

2. 33" diameter tires will fit with the right offset. +20 to a +18 offset will give you a good stance and clearance for wider tires. This will stick out the fender about 1" or so. With stock wheels you will have to get 1.25" wheel spacers to allow clearance. That will put you at about +28" or just barely wider than the fenders.

I have the @ToyTec Lifts 3/1 Ultimate Bilstein lift with fully adjustable Bilstein 5100s for a front lift of 3" and a 1" block in the back to level. I was able to fit 315/70R17 (34.5" diameter) tires with only minor plastic trimming. I could step up to a true 35" diameter tires with a cab mount chop.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  3. Feb 2, 2016 at 10:47 AM
    csuviper

csuviper Moderator Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Broomfield, CO
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Sport CM 5.7L 4X4
    Some Mods :) See build thread for details
    Here are a few options:

Bilstein 5100: 0.87", 1.57" or 2.28" front lift only
    http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com...-Front-and-Rear-Shocks-for-07Tundra_p_32.html

OME: 2.5" front lift, 1" rear lift
    http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com/Complete-lift-for-07-Up-4x4-Tundra_p_254.html

Bilstein 5100s fully adjustable coilovers: 3" front lift, 1" rear lift
    http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com/Ultimate-lift-for-07-Up-Tundra_p_391.html

Toytec Boss with fully adjustable coilovers: 3" front lift, 1" rear lift
    http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com/BOSS-Suspension-System-for-07-Up-Tundra-_p_1219.html

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  4. Feb 2, 2016 at 11:27 AM
    Black Wolf

Black Wolf Bigfoot Hunter, Sasquatch too, but not Yeti

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    2022 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    TuwaPro rack, Z1 Offroad stuff, NISMO suspension stuff, FlowmasterFX Extreme exhaust, AIS, OVS, J&L can, other goodies on the way
    Just for info, my OME's actually provided a 3" lift. It may have something to with the heavy duty coil option. Some sites advertise 2.5". Toytec was advertising the OME setup that I got from them at the time to be a 3" lift, although now advertised as a 2.5" lift. I had a 3" spacer lift (AAL for 1" lift in the rear) and my OME's are slightly higher. Almost no rake left.

Products Discussed in

To Top