1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Leveling lift kits ????

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Crewmax-Lurch, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Mar 13, 2017 at 5:18 PM
    Law323

Law323 it’s only weird if you make it weird

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    Toytec BOSS suspension lift @ 3" (front) Toytec BOSS remote resi's (back) 1" Toytec block (rear) 275/70r18 Toyo AT2 Info system mod 3D MAXpider Kagu floor mats LED interior lights 50% ceramic tint front windows 35% ceramic tint windshield brow Bed mounted YETI bottle opener Paracord wrapped oh Sh!t bars 3" stubby antennae TRD sway bar Upcoming: LED backup lights OEM Backup camera Iron Cross Patriot step bars Trifold or roll up tonneau cover
    Are you being sexist??

Besides I'm in TN right now so...there go your "change of plans" :ballchain: I'm sure Starbucks would let me!!

2. Mar 13, 2017 at 5:18 PM
    bobeast

bobeast really old member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Hollister, CA
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC
    - Bull Bar - LED Bunny Burners - AMP retractable running boards - Headlight leveling retrofit - P3 Brake Controller - 60% rear seat delete - relocation of Sub to rear wall - Bilstein 5100 x4, top setting with 2 shims per side - Coach builder +2 rear shackles w/carrier bearing drop - Firestone Air bags - on-board compressor with auto-leveling - Dual Undercover Swing Boxes. - P285/65/R20 (34.6") BFG TA KO2's - TRD Front skid plate - Pop & Lock Tailgate lock - Remote Tailgate mod - LED Headlights - Nav Bypass - iPhone integration - Serius/XM retrofit - 25% front tint - Bizon electric tonneau cover - Power folding tow mirror upgrade - 2010+ leveling Headlight mod - Auto-fold mirror mod. - one-touch lane changer mod - Flash to open garage opener mod - Rigid H/L fog light upgrade - Pushbutton / Remote start mod.
    Aww man. you gotta play the game. If there are complaints about the ride height, use it to justify a set of Amp Powersteps.

When you're ready for a cover, be sure and put something in the back, she doesn't want to get wet, and go driving in the rain.

Swerve around an imaginary deer at night, when you're ready for retrofits.

well, you get the idea.

3. Mar 13, 2017 at 5:34 PM
    Eclipsed & Floating

Eclipsed & Floating Over it.........

Member:
    I’m right where I need to be
    Vehicle:
    Voluptuous Whitey
    I broke an arm and coxxyx on the half pipe I built for the neighborhood hoodlums and a rib on the backyard snowboard rail for my kids!!

I know what it's like to give my kids the thingsy parents wouldn't let me have. Now, I have to ask permission to give my kids toys I wanted as a kid. Anybody else has better decision making than I do...I dont c trust myself anymore. Ignorance is bliss...but it f'ING hurts

Law323[QUOTED] likes this.
  4. Mar 13, 2017 at 5:36 PM
    Law323

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    Toytec BOSS suspension lift @ 3" (front) Toytec BOSS remote resi's (back) 1" Toytec block (rear) 275/70r18 Toyo AT2 Info system mod 3D MAXpider Kagu floor mats LED interior lights 50% ceramic tint front windows 35% ceramic tint windshield brow Bed mounted YETI bottle opener Paracord wrapped oh Sh!t bars 3" stubby antennae TRD sway bar Upcoming: LED backup lights OEM Backup camera Iron Cross Patriot step bars Trifold or roll up tonneau cover
    LOL but it's so much fun!! And you get those neat little pills that make you feel awesome after!! I dont see the downside.....

5. Mar 13, 2017 at 5:37 PM
    Eclipsed & Floating

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Voluptuous Whitey
    You wearing your blue suede shoes?

Starbucks here in Colorado not only are missing the sex on the bathroom door signs, but they have floors made of granola!!!

Can you believe that?!

6. Mar 13, 2017 at 5:39 PM
    Law323

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    With my leisure bedazzled pantsuit!!

You shitting me???? No way!!

7. Mar 13, 2017 at 5:40 PM
    Eclipsed & Floating

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Voluptuous Whitey
    No downside...you even get to get those neat little pills sent by mail if you've been in to see the Doc too many times

8. Mar 13, 2017 at 5:42 PM
    Eclipsed & Floating

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Voluptuous Whitey
    Did your wife bedazzled that suit when you were quarantined to the couch?

Yep, in Colorado the granola rain falls from the sky and there are 4 times more dispensaries than Starbucks and McDonald's combined. Great place to raise kids...too bad there aren't more McDonald's with all the dispensaries in their place

zcarpenter92 and Law323[QUOTED] like this.
  9. Mar 13, 2017 at 5:47 PM
    Law323

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    Nope...I'm a master bedazzler!! Had to learn being the oldest and only male for a while in a family filled with girls.

Luckily, my aunt married a guy who already had two sons 2 and 4 years younger. I didn't care as long as I could stop the godforsaken bedazzling and pink shit!

Guess it kind of balances out with all the cool stuff to do in CO!

10. Mar 13, 2017 at 5:49 PM
    Eclipsed & Floating

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Voluptuous Whitey
    I think you need to bedazzle some TUNDRAS.COM t-shirts for prizes to anyone that makes a bad color scheme decision

11. Mar 13, 2017 at 5:50 PM
    Eclipsed & Floating

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Voluptuous Whitey
    I think @COMiamiFan should get the first one for the broken coil!!

Law323 likes this.
  12. Mar 13, 2017 at 5:54 PM
    Law323

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    Wonder if they'd hire me as a brand ambassador?????

13. Mar 13, 2017 at 5:55 PM
    TXMiamiFan

TXMiamiFan SSEM #3 and tractor extraordinaire

Member:
    First Name:
    Jose
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 White Crew Max TRD
    TRD Pro Grille, ESP Storage, Tailgate Inserts, Line-X Bedliner, Weathertech Floorliners, Wet Okole Seat Covers, 5" Shorty Antenna, Mickey Thompson MM-366 Wheels, ToyTec Boss, 35" BFG KO2 to name a few.
    Bedazzle? You mean with sequins and shit? I don't want that! LOL

Law323 and Eclipsed & Floating like this.
  14. Mar 13, 2017 at 5:55 PM
    Eclipsed & Floating

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Voluptuous Whitey
    I'd vote for you. But I'm just in under a month or so...I've got no dog in the fight right now. Gimme a few more mods and people might take note

15. Mar 13, 2017 at 5:56 PM
    Eclipsed & Floating

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Voluptuous Whitey
    Yep...
    You're the guinea pig

TXMiamiFan[QUOTED] and Law323 like this.
  16. Mar 13, 2017 at 6:15 PM
    Law323

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    Do what I did at the beginning...throw together a bunch of tiny mods and one crappy spacer lift on your truck to try to keep up with the big dogs!!

Now you know why I didn't kick off my build page until I got my BOSS fronts on!

Still a few months out from aftermarket wheels. After that...I can at least call it a "build" LOL
    Now it's just a bunch of legos with one big BOSS brick LOL

17. Mar 13, 2017 at 6:17 PM
    Law323

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    I need a demographic market test. You drew the short straw brother!!

Shouldn't have broken your coils. :rofl::rofl:

18. Mar 13, 2017 at 6:25 PM
    Eclipsed & Floating

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Voluptuous Whitey
    I jumped way ahead of myself and went big out of the gates.

I knew how much was left on the credit cards and also knew the date my 2016 bonus, PTO, and raise for '17 were gonna kick in, so I waited until the charges were gonna drop and put the BOSS, aftermarket wheels and tires on at the same time. BOOM! Hadn't even paid my first payment yet and I've already gotten myself in over my head.

Then (with the remaining $$) I ordered another handful of bigger mods to the house (which have not arrived yet) and will hopefully be tool savvy enough to mount/install them.

When my truck ends up looking like an El Camino you'll know it's because I'm a newbie with no vehicle modification experience, a wife that left the family with no one to prevent me from spending a freshly cut check!! I get more and more excited about her departure with every UPS delivery that shows up!!!

19. Mar 13, 2017 at 6:33 PM
    JerseyTundra1260

JerseyTundra1260 08 Silver streaking!!!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    08 Silver Tundra DC Limited 4x4
    Too many to list.....
    Bilstein 5100's here top setting. The are awesome and ride is great.

20. Mar 15, 2017 at 10:58 PM
    geno0506

geno0506 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra 5.7 CM 4x4, S/W, B-6112/5160
    a7c36f5debc2ab9a32d004bc2db18616.jpg

joonbug[QUOTED] likes this.
  21. Mar 15, 2017 at 11:22 PM
    joonbug

joonbug °°°°°°°°°°

Member:
    First Name:
    Joon
    NorCal - Dublin
    Vehicle:
    2020 Long Travel DC
  22. Mar 16, 2017 at 10:12 AM
    csuviper

csuviper Moderator Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Broomfield, CO
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Sport CM 5.7L 4X4
    Some Mods :) See build thread for details
    Toytec uses all american made components.

23. Mar 17, 2017 at 3:22 AM
    Crewmax-Lurch

Crewmax-Lurch [OP] New Member

Member:
    Another question about leveling lifts . If I did the 5100's front and 2" shackles in rear. Would I be able to fit 20x12 wheel wrapped in a 33" tire ? Or would I have some trimming to do ?

24. Apr 2, 2017 at 10:26 AM
    Mr.Green

Mr.Green New Member

Member:
    Hey people back to topic here. I'm getting a Stage V Icon suspension kit (w/o the expansion pack). So I've been reading and the consensus is that on the stock 18 alloy rims the largest tyre I can put is a 34.3" (295/70R18) with a 2.5" - 3" lift. Talking about a 17' Crewmax Limited. Could someone confirm this - I want to put the largest tyre without having to do any trimming, I'm also putting fender flares, probably OEM. What do you think? Thanks in advance.

25. Apr 9, 2017 at 2:52 PM
    Jsena

Jsena Trend setter, not a follower!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    A Bad Bissshhhh
    7 inch BDS LIFT, 22x10 RBP wheels 37 inch Atturo MT Tires, Flowmaster, Bullydog Tuner
    What size lift and tires do you guys think this is

IMG_0871.jpg

26. Apr 9, 2017 at 2:55 PM
    rons23

rons23 Get The Led Out!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Kill Devil Hills
    Vehicle:
    2008 Nautical Blue TRD
    Sabm (Gtek-Fab), Blake Carbon Diamond Plate door sil protecters, and Air Dam mod, Black Rivited Grill, Devil Horns- Black Anodized(Diaz Fabrication), Hid's in Low Beams and Fogs -6000k, Piaa Extreme for High Beams. Black Rhino Step Tubes, Razir Led interior Lights (white), Low Profile Black Diamond Plate Tool Box, Trd accesories, Weather Tech Mats, Carbon Fiber Shorty Antenna, Drl's, Plasta Dipped Badges + Front Grill Surround
    6" with 35's, but hey... ive been wrong once or twice. :cool:

27. Apr 10, 2017 at 6:31 PM
    Jsena

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    A Bad Bissshhhh
    7 inch BDS LIFT, 22x10 RBP wheels 37 inch Atturo MT Tires, Flowmaster, Bullydog Tuner
    Does anyone have any input on a Ready Lift 6 inch lift, review?

28. Apr 10, 2017 at 6:48 PM
    Eclipsed & Floating

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Voluptuous Whitey
    Couldn't speak to it but from what I've read a ride with that height starts playing tricks you don't want unless you're money bags McGee and don't mind throwing money at your truck regularly. Yes, that photo makes that truck look sick but I guess it's about what you are looking to do with it. Everyday driving, it's not necessarily practical. If you're looking for the super high truck and money's no object then have at it.

The guys I've seen on here with a 6" lift did it for a specific purpose and they knew more than me about lifts. Lots of guys (including myself) go in thinking you need a tall lift to get the look that is really only 3 inches, and add the bigger tires, you're actually right where you wanted it to be to begin with.

It's hard to know what your purpose is going to be down the road, but you can have an idea what your looking for now.

Bottom line...it's much more money and work to keep up a lift that high regardless of what kind it is. I'll tell you what one guy on here said to me when I was searching for the right lift..."you will never regret getting a smaller lift or tires, but you run the risk of regretting going too big."

I'm certainly not a lift, nor tire guru, but I have made some mistakes along the way that will take a while to fix. My lift is not a regret (3 inch Toytec BOSS 2.0) and my tires are a little bigger (35s) than I will get next time.

Don't take my words as the end all be all but I hope this helps at least a little. You ever heard the saying quality over quantity? Well this is quality over size.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
    PaRunnerd, Jsena and JerseyTundra1260 like this.
  29. Apr 10, 2017 at 7:40 PM
    Jsena

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    A Bad Bissshhhh

Thanx bro.. I appreciate the info.. I just love the look. Looks mean! Just seeing if anyone has that brand on their truck. See what they thought about it

30. Apr 10, 2017 at 7:57 PM
    Eclipsed & Floating

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Voluptuous Whitey
    No worries. This is the info that was given to me when I was asking the same questions. You're absolutely right...that truck looks badass!!

Last tip if I may...

Typically a leveling kit is utilizing stock suspension and just lifting the body for looks. Doesn't change the ride much.

Suspension lifts change the way a truck rides and handles off road a little (or a lot) better, which will certainly handle road better too.

I know there are a couple guys on here that have the Ready Lifts but I'm drawing a blank at the moment. Give me a little time and I'll look around

Jsena[QUOTED] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top