1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Let’s see your TRD Pro

Discussion in '2.5 Gen TRD Pro (2014-2021)' started by BPRescue, Mar 29, 2015.

?

Is anyone keeping the original tires?

1. Replacing tires soon

265 vote(s)
    62.9%
  2. Leaving original tires on

156 vote(s)
    37.1%
  1. Sep 6, 2017 at 5:36 PM
    dcsleeper408

dcsleeper408 BASTRDS

Member:
    First Name:
    mark
    San Jose CA
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD PRO
    Weird that question didn't get through..
    Any plans on upgrading the suspension later down the line to accommodate weight?
    @mgm16trdpro

*i think it didn't go brought bc I had to edit and tag you I must've deleted it* :notsure:

2. Sep 6, 2017 at 6:51 PM
    mgm16trdpro

mgm16trdpro Certified Modoholic

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Ici magnum side steps in linex, factory spray in bed liner, remote start,afe pro dry filter, dap tune,sso slimline hybrid OEM bumper with baja designs 30" s8 driving combo,warn platinum xeon winch, baha designs squadron sport fogs in amber wide cornering with fog pocket kit, gtr headlight LEDs, 295/70r18 nitro ridge grapplers, g2 painted red calipers, 1.25 spidertrax spacers, bed slide pro 1000 se and 5 bin package, diamondback HD bed cover with ATV package and black package, 2 auto access led strips in bed, husky full coverage exact contour mats with custom logos, V led leds interior lights, tuffskinz mid console/&rear cupholder package, mid console tray and organizer, 2 JL 10s in custom sub box, 4 Hertz door speakers,2 hertz tweeters, other audio upgrades, tinted front windows, weathertech in channel rain guards, artic coating, reverse tail light section and third brake tint, ami big stick antenna, 2 CB shims +3 shackle, cb steer kit, Trd dual exhaust, trd skid plate, vled footwell kits front and back, factor 55 winch fairlead and prolink, gen y torsion hitch, bushwacker color matched fender flares with black powder coated rivets, trd rear sway bar, covercraft cargo bar and cargo net, recovery gear, custom shifter and middle console.I'm sure other things I'm forgetting too
    Yeah no worries no problem, I got it in my email notification, everyone else was probably like what ques and what the hell he rambling about now. I have no qualms about admitting I can be long winded in my emails, texts, and posts.
    Something else funny, at 1st I forgot about it not going thru. I took ur weird the question not going thru as u implying I was dumb for not getting what u asked. I was like damn what a dick, I even admitted I understood the question but was having trouble giving an intelligent answer bc it was hard to explain. But then I reread and ur bottom statement about it getting deleted rang the bell like wait a sec he's not being a dick about my answer he talking about his question not getting thru post, not my thick skull. Lol.
    Anyway to answer this 1. As of right now I don't feel a need to upgrade it. I don't think the difference is great enough at this time to make any adjustments. I actually kinda like the soft pro suspension, even b4 the rear sway I didn't the body roll was that bad, but I did notice the difference when I put it on for the better. I'm wondering if the front sway bar from the sequoia would help at all? For now I don't feel a need to adjust anything, it's really not that big of a difference where I feel like I must do something. If after some time for some reason I change my mind and feel the need to do something about the difference in extra weight, do u have any suggestions on what I could do? Imo it's really not bad at all but are there any inexpensive mods that could be done later if 1 day down the road I felt the need and changed my mind. I'm not talking kings or anything like that, like I said it's not bad at all, but if I did want to get the feel as if weight wasn't there back could a front sway bar help get that feel?

dcsleeper408[QUOTED] likes this.
  3. Sep 6, 2017 at 7:47 PM
    TXRailRoadBandit73

TXRailRoadBandit73 YOTAS,RAILROADIN',RÖKnRÖLLN',BEER,MAX/GEMMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    The 956, TEXAS
    None yet
    Are those the TCT Wraps vinyl for reverse lights?

4. Sep 6, 2017 at 8:20 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Ici magnum side steps in linex, factory spray in bed liner, remote start,afe pro dry filter, dap tune,sso slimline hybrid OEM bumper with baja designs 30" s8 driving combo,warn platinum xeon winch, baha designs squadron sport fogs in amber wide cornering with fog pocket kit, gtr headlight LEDs, 295/70r18 nitro ridge grapplers, g2 painted red calipers, 1.25 spidertrax spacers, bed slide pro 1000 se and 5 bin package, diamondback HD bed cover with ATV package and black package, 2 auto access led strips in bed, husky full coverage exact contour mats with custom logos, V led leds interior lights, tuffskinz mid console/&rear cupholder package, mid console tray and organizer, 2 JL 10s in custom sub box, 4 Hertz door speakers,2 hertz tweeters, other audio upgrades, tinted front windows, weathertech in channel rain guards, artic coating, reverse tail light section and third brake tint, ami big stick antenna, 2 CB shims +3 shackle, cb steer kit, Trd dual exhaust, trd skid plate, vled footwell kits front and back, factor 55 winch fairlead and prolink, gen y torsion hitch, bushwacker color matched fender flares with black powder coated rivets, trd rear sway bar, covercraft cargo bar and cargo net, recovery gear, custom shifter and middle console.I'm sure other things I'm forgetting too
    Hey Adam u are correct, cheap little mod if u want to call it that. U can go on tctwraps website and put in tundra. They come precut in smoke. Think around 10 bucks for a pair. Hardest part was getting them on, not too bad though. I had never worked with tint or wrap b4 so 1st time. Watched couple vids and guy I work with does all the vehicle lettering showed me how to make a hinge ect. Did dry method, w/making hinge,squeege to push out n razor blade to finish perfectly. Took like 20 min each side for me to get acceptable to my A.D.D., I'm very anal like that. They not perfect prob bc it was like 100 degrees that day n was having hard time pulling back to remove air bubbles but came out pretty damn good, especially for 1st time doing. I then contacted them after doing reverse light section with their precut and although they don't sell precut for 3rd light cargo light section, I got them to send me out a couple small pieces so I could hit the 2 small white sections in 3rd light when my A.D.D. kicked in again.Cargo light white sections in 3rd needed to go too. I'm happy with it, I no longer throw up in my mouth when I look at our stock tails. They look like afterthought with that bright red and chrome. The tint solves that plus u don't lose any visibility from other drivers when u step on brake. Those sections in tails and 3rd are bright as stock b/c not tinting whole light. Even the tinted reverse and cargo still shine bright thru. I'm happy with look n best part is only cost couple bucks, little changes like that are great to get something looking better for only couple bucks is awesome. U can see in pic for self how it came out. I must credit my boy bluebottle who gave me idea of doing tint in tails when I saw his on mgm. So I returned favor and mailed him couple extra pieces I had to match his 3rd too like mine. Hope u got all u need from this. Good luck.20170901_152057.jpg 20170901_152020.jpg 20170831_212037.jpg 20170901_152046.jpg 20170901_152035.jpg

CJ21, R-C and Watt maker like this.
  5. Sep 6, 2017 at 8:29 PM
    TXRailRoadBandit73

TXRailRoadBandit73 YOTAS,RAILROADIN',RÖKnRÖLLN',BEER,MAX/GEMMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    The 956, TEXAS
    None yet
    Yeah they look great i tried but couldn't get on so im gona try plastidip smoke ...you did great job on yours!!!

6. Sep 6, 2017 at 8:41 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Thanks Adam, yeah it wasn't easy and if u inspect them up very close u can see a little pin hole bubble here or there. I can understand ur difficulty, I can't say it was easy. The 3rd brake cargo lights were very easy though. U can see a little tiny crease on my 1 tail up close if u really look for it. But if i didn't tell ya u would prob never notice. Overall, despite not being easy they came out pretty good. If plastidip don't turn out where u like for some reason, I got a very reputable guy in Cali that can professionally spray paint them for u. I think it's like 200, he'll send them to u, then u send him ur tails and get back like a core charge I forget how much. His site is smokedouttaillights.com, very good work. Know of others who got from him n very happy. If i didn't like the tint i was considering going this route first, aftermarket 2nd due to shitty reviews on most.

7. Sep 6, 2017 at 10:16 PM
    dcsleeper408

dcsleeper408 BASTRDS

Member:
    First Name:
    mark
    San Jose CA
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD PRO
    @mgm16trdpro

If it doesn't bug you I wouldn't do anything. You said you don't off road much. If I were to suggest an inexpensive mod that may help you, some wheelers super bumps. Just to cushion that weight if you ever bottom out.

mgm16trdpro and Watt maker like this.
  8. Sep 6, 2017 at 10:31 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Cool tnx Mark. Yeah it's def nothing crazy the difference and certainly doesn't bother me. I don't really even notice much a difference in hitting bumps, it's more of just a feeling of the weight when coming to a stop and in the handling of going around a turn fast. Both on road during daily driving. Not even that it stops bad or I can't stop, or that it turn bad and leans too much. It's just that I can slightly feel the extra weight of the combo during daily driving that I have to apply brake little harder to get same stopping power as before with not pushing pedal as much, only slightly need little more pedal push to stop the same, that and can feel just a little more body roll in taking the turns fast. It's def not sloppy or hard to turn, again just simply can feel the little more added weight up front that gives just a little more body roll than before without the added weight. Def not bad either way by any means. Just slight difference in those 2 aspects I've noticed. But tnx for the sugfestion in product. Please let me know if that will help in those aspects which I certainly doubt in stopping power, prob just upgrade brakes next time I need to replace from wear. Don't know if body roll can be made better from wheeler superbumps or if maybe the front sway is the answer if I decide I want down road. Certainly can't say I'd need it, only a want if that.

9. Sep 6, 2017 at 10:41 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Guess I'm asking can that product help improve with the left and right handling feeling of weight or just the up and down over bumps? Correct I'm not really offloading on a regular basis maybe once or twice a month if that. Haven't really pushed it off-road yet since new setup either so can't really say difference in feeling hitting bumps off road, don't feel need of up n down extra cushion on pavement, that I'm pretty positive. Only stopping and taking turns can I feel it slightly on road, again not bad, just that it there. Mmm what u think for that application if still applies or if front sway may be better if feel need.

10. Sep 6, 2017 at 10:56 PM
    dcsleeper408

dcsleeper408 BASTRDS

Member:
    First Name:
    mark
    San Jose CA
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD PRO
    Bumps wouldn't help with anything from the roll. I would say it's more of that extra cushion when you bottom out.
    I think a front sway would help for sure . I am not too familiar with aftermarket sways for the tundra.
    If you don't mind changing out front suspension I would think a stiffer spring would help the roll. Just not sure if it's needed since it's not that bad.

11. Sep 7, 2017 at 4:15 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Tnx for info Mark. Yeah I tried to really focus on it this am OMW to work. It's def not bad at all. Either I adjusted and got use to it or the truck has adjusted to it bc I really don't notice much at all. Bumps feel good, stopping ain't bad at all, I only still notice a small increase of roll around sharp turns. Ur answer is what I expected. It's def nothing worth adjusting or changing suspension and I'm not an everyday or even weekly off roader. I don't even think if I was the way it feels to me I don't think I'd do anything to compensate bc I don't really notice any difference in how it handles bumps, may even be better than before. I think possibly the sequioa front sway bar could help in the area where i notice anything worth a possible future adjustment. Thats in body roll. Thats the only area where i really even still notice a slight change and its certaimly nothing thats worth a rush or need to compensate. I prob wont even do anything, but if did it could be a front sway bar down the road.

dcsleeper408[QUOTED] likes this.
  12. Sep 7, 2017 at 8:45 AM
    lionix

lionix The Grey Moose!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Cape May, New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra TRD Pro CM Cement
    BD Lights, Any Time Fog, Coachbuilder, Pelfreybilt, Bakflip, Custom Bed Rack w/ Tent
    If you own your own 1000ug it should be more than 1.00 a gallon cheaper. I would look for a new company.

13. Sep 7, 2017 at 8:50 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Unfortunately they own tank and bc that they have monopoly not allowing any other company to fill. I was gonna but it from them but would take long time to recoup cost. Plus now tank is like 16 yrs old now. But I appreciate your input and info. Wish I could shop price, hence all the wood burning yr round.

14. Sep 7, 2017 at 12:55 PM
    TundraPro406

TundraPro406 New Member

Member:
    Montana
    Got two flats hunting this last weekend so upgrade tires to 275/70R18 Ridge Grapplers from the OEM Michelin. So far very impress with overall noise and performance. 20170907_103540.jpg

Attached Files:

15. Sep 7, 2017 at 6:31 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    I got 295 and like as well. They almost even more quiet than stock. Nice ride and bit more traction. I'm happy with them so far and put 10k on them. Got at 6k now have 16k

16. Sep 7, 2017 at 8:13 PM
    BeachyTundra

BeachyTundra New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Spokane
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM 5.7L DC, Bilstein 5100s
    Stock pro suspension, so +2 in front over a SR5?

17. Sep 8, 2017 at 3:06 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Yes that's correct. Only other variable is I have 2 shims upfront which adds additional 1 inch up front and +3 shackle in rear which adds i believe inch and 3/4 to rear, i dont remember exactly how much that adds to rear.. Also have 1.25 spidertrax spacers.

18. Sep 8, 2017 at 4:42 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    However, if u do some research, I believe when I was looking there were guys running the 295 on stock pro without anything additional like shim,shackle, or spacers. I'm not saying the 295s will fit on stock sr5 but on pro they will without any major modification. No need for body mount chop and 295s just some minor trimming and mudgaurd removal. I get zero rubbing by removing 2 screws and push forward front liner put back screws same spot. Anything larger than the 295s like 35s and it will require bmc on pro. Keep in mind even though 295s fit without shims or shackle it will look squatted. That's matter of preference on look. I'm not sure max size on stock non pro. Even the 35s, the only part that's issue fitting is the width depending on offset. That's why usually cmc is needed. Plenty of guys running bigger tires just ask. That's how I figured out my setup. I think next time I'll do bmc since I'm now more comfortable with that idea.

19. Sep 10, 2017 at 7:38 PM
    R-C

R-C http://101financial.com

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Las Vega$
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Pro
    Havent posted here in awhile figured Id throw in a new pic.
    IMG_65571.jpg

Kilos, Marty McFly, monaco730 and 7 others like this.
  20. Sep 11, 2017 at 5:23 AM
    ktharbour6

ktharbour6 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro MGM
    What antenna?

2016 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro CM MGM

IG: @kt_harb.protundra

dcsleeper408 likes this.
  21. Sep 11, 2017 at 10:35 AM
    ep3Jee

ep3Jee New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Czar
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD Pro
    Stock
    How do you like that set up Mike? And what about the rake?

22. Sep 11, 2017 at 11:43 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    I love it. Wouldn't change anything about it. Only thing I'd consider doing when my current tires need replacing is a body mount chop to throw some 35x12.5r18 on it possibly. Not sure though pretty happy way it is now. Not sure what u mean when u say what about the rake? If ur asking if I like it I do. Plus I tow a heavy tandem trailer quite often so I liked the idea of allowing for a little compression. With my setup there's not much noticeable rake, if any. Almost looks leveled imo. Hope this answers ur question.

23. Sep 11, 2017 at 11:47 AM
    ep3Jee

ep3Jee New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Czar
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD Pro
    Stock
    It does look close to leveled, I installed 1 inch shim up front and +3 shackles in rear this past Saturday and the difference is noticeable. Even driving it is noticeable. I'm also installing 35s this Thursday and good thing you mentioned that as that I am also gonna do or have someone do BMC/CMC.

24. Sep 11, 2017 at 11:47 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    20170704_180106.jpg older pic but still after 2 shims and +3 shackle

CJ21 and ep3Jee like this.
  25. Sep 11, 2017 at 11:56 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Yeah I did the cb shim and shackle about 6 months ago. I'm guessing it will settle a little once broken in. Here's a pic when I first did it day I got installed. I think the fender flares make the rake little less noticeable too. That plus the settle I'm guessing.
    I'm pretty sure u will end up needing the bmc, not positive but pretty sure. I think it comes down to your offset or spacers. It's not so much the height the problem as it is the width of tire and how far it sits out or in. 20170321_171937.jpg

ep3Jee[QUOTED] likes this.
  26. Sep 11, 2017 at 11:59 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    20170901_152057.jpg Here's most recent of how it sits right before the sso bumper,warn winch, and BD s8 lightbar.

ep3Jee likes this.
  27. Sep 11, 2017 at 12:13 PM
    ep3Jee

ep3Jee New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Czar
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD Pro
    Stock
    Yeah mine looks pretty much the same except the tires. Can't wait to get them installed this Thursday. The only problem with the BMC is that my sliders are SDHQ and the shop that I took it to said that he may not be able to do it because the sliders are bolted close to where they do the chop.

dcsleeper408 likes this.
  28. Sep 11, 2017 at 12:43 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Oh ohh, maybe u can just remove and reinstall?

29. Sep 11, 2017 at 12:48 PM
    ep3Jee

ep3Jee New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Czar
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD Pro
    Stock
    Yeah I was considering that. Have to see another shop if they can do it with the sliders on.

30. Sep 11, 2017 at 1:58 PM
    gosolo

gosolo You Don’t Know Who I Am But I Know Where You Live

Member:
    First Name:
    Ray
    NW Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2015 DC Super Fine Super White Pro
    2"CB shackles, bushings and 1 shim, lockerdown console vault, rear folding seat back mod, snugtop shell with opening side windows, 46g fuel tank, SDHQ sliders and hidden winch, Decked Drawers, Alcan leaf springs and got rid of the interior chrome
    @ep3Jee
    When the SDHQ sliders go on, the front attachment uses all 3 body mount bolt locations. I'm afraid that a bmc will force you to get different sliders. Let us know what the shop tells you.
    IMG_0815.jpg
    I was looking at this picture admiring the view and realized how bad the dent looks in the bottom of the rear door. I did this BEFORE I got the sliders!

To Top