1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Let’s see your TRD Pro

Discussion in '2.5 Gen TRD Pro (2014-2021)' started by BPRescue, Mar 29, 2015.

?

Is anyone keeping the original tires?

1. Replacing tires soon

265 vote(s)
    62.9%
  2. Leaving original tires on

156 vote(s)
    37.1%
  1. Aug 31, 2017 at 7:36 PM
    Dreg138

Dreg138 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra TRD PRO
    Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Method titanium grid, GoRhino RB10, TRD CAI
    295/75/18 with a 18x9 +18 wheel.

Watt maker likes this.
  2. Aug 31, 2017 at 9:02 PM
    mgm16trdpro

mgm16trdpro Certified Modoholic

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Ici magnum side steps in linex, factory spray in bed liner, remote start,afe pro dry filter, dap tune,sso slimline hybrid OEM bumper with baja designs 30" s8 driving combo,warn platinum xeon winch, baha designs squadron sport fogs in amber wide cornering with fog pocket kit, gtr headlight LEDs, 295/70r18 nitro ridge grapplers, g2 painted red calipers, 1.25 spidertrax spacers, bed slide pro 1000 se and 5 bin package, diamondback HD bed cover with ATV package and black package, 2 auto access led strips in bed, husky full coverage exact contour mats with custom logos, V led leds interior lights, tuffskinz mid console/&rear cupholder package, mid console tray and organizer, 2 JL 10s in custom sub box, 4 Hertz door speakers,2 hertz tweeters, other audio upgrades, tinted front windows, weathertech in channel rain guards, artic coating, reverse tail light section and third brake tint, ami big stick antenna, 2 CB shims +3 shackle, cb steer kit, Trd dual exhaust, trd skid plate, vled footwell kits front and back, factor 55 winch fairlead and prolink, gen y torsion hitch, bushwacker color matched fender flares with black powder coated rivets, trd rear sway bar, covercraft cargo bar and cargo net, recovery gear, custom shifter and middle console.I'm sure other things I'm forgetting too
    20170805_162153.jpg
    I knew there was a reason I liked those tire/wheel combo. I got same treads and almost pulled trigger on same exact wheel. I decided to run stock with 1.25 spidertrax. Actually really like stock rim and figured put the greenbacks elsewhere. But ya got good taste bc I was very close to pulling trigger myself on exact same setup. Wanted method mesh in same titanium(think) color.Thought it would look as nice on mine as it does yours. Decided in the end, since everyone else was buying aftermarket rims I'd try and be different keeping mine lol. Love the cement btw too. I worked for yota when they 1st put it on trail team edition on FJ. Loved it since then. Ya got good taste kid, ya got good taste lol. Good luck with it n welcome to crew.

aperezsh and Watt maker like this.
  3. Aug 31, 2017 at 9:07 PM
    BlueBottle

BlueBottle not a PRO

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '16 Platinum 4x4
    See fine print
    Looking nice buddie! I like.

4. Aug 31, 2017 at 9:11 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Ici magnum side steps in linex, factory spray in bed liner, remote start,afe pro dry filter, dap tune,sso slimline hybrid OEM bumper with baja designs 30" s8 driving combo,warn platinum xeon winch, baha designs squadron sport fogs in amber wide cornering with fog pocket kit, gtr headlight LEDs, 295/70r18 nitro ridge grapplers, g2 painted red calipers, 1.25 spidertrax spacers, bed slide pro 1000 se and 5 bin package, diamondback HD bed cover with ATV package and black package, 2 auto access led strips in bed, husky full coverage exact contour mats with custom logos, V led leds interior lights, tuffskinz mid console/&rear cupholder package, mid console tray and organizer, 2 JL 10s in custom sub box, 4 Hertz door speakers,2 hertz tweeters, other audio upgrades, tinted front windows, weathertech in channel rain guards, artic coating, reverse tail light section and third brake tint, ami big stick antenna, 2 CB shims +3 shackle, cb steer kit, Trd dual exhaust, trd skid plate, vled footwell kits front and back, factor 55 winch fairlead and prolink, gen y torsion hitch, bushwacker color matched fender flares with black powder coated rivets, trd rear sway bar, covercraft cargo bar and cargo net, recovery gear, custom shifter and middle console.I'm sure other things I'm forgetting too
    Matter of fact BB, if u are interested and decide u want a pic in daylight to show how they match nicely just let me know. If u then decide to go the route, I got a piece of the tint from tct wraps leftover and I'll send it to u free of charge. If u happy without that's fine too saving me the pics, time, and postage. But, if u do like it and decide it for u, I'll return the favor for your help sending u 1 of the pieces I got leftover to complete the job yourself. Just lmk. Good to hear from ya, take care.

5. Aug 31, 2017 at 9:21 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    20170831_212037.jpg You're in luck, I just so happen to have a pic showing how u can't even tell a difference with the amount of light coming through the tint. You'll still have full undoctored visibility while braking and the difference in the cargo/ courtesy light white part is negligible. This is the light with stock bulbs, don't even got leds in there yet and prob don't need it either. Plus it was a million times easier to apply. Just cut a piece, make a hinge with it and slide your squeege/credit card ect along while peeling off back all 1 motion. Take a blade or exacto and trim around just white part. I got u buddy, just pm me ur address and I'll get it in the mail asap. Prob can get it out tomorrow for ya.

BlueBottle[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Aug 31, 2017 at 10:14 PM
    TRDpro619

TRDpro619 Follow My Build on Instagram:TRDorcaTUNDRA

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    TRD Pro CM
  7. Aug 31, 2017 at 10:45 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    20170831_212441.jpg 20170901_011319.jpg Slightly better pic, still looks nowhere near as good as it does out the garage in the sun during the day. I'm guessing you'll love it. I've got it all ready and will be going out to you regular mail tomorrow. Enjoy! See guys, this is how the forum should work and does at times. Blue bottle helped me awhile back and now I return the favor. See isn't that sweet. Lol. I didn't forget u either my buddy Joe from NY. I still owe u so don't hesitate to ask if I can help.

8. Sep 1, 2017 at 9:43 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Just fyi, I just left post office and put in mail for ya. So keep look out for small envelope from me. It's coming from NJ regular mail so don't hold your breath for it. But I assure you I just dropped it off at p.o. just now. Good luck and keep me posted on how it turns out and how u like with a pic. Take care and good luck on install, it's much easier than tails, flat and no grooves.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
    BlueBottle[QUOTED] and lionix like this.
  9. Sep 1, 2017 at 12:24 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    20170901_152046.jpg
    20170901_152057.jpg BB took a day shot so u can see what u can look forward to in matching them up.

10. Sep 1, 2017 at 12:35 PM
    BlueBottle

BlueBottle not a PRO

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '16 Platinum 4x4
    See fine print
    Wow @mgm16trdpro it does look really good on the bed lights.

11. Sep 1, 2017 at 12:38 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Appreciate, I think so too. U will enjoy the look too, very soon. Glad I can help you. For $10 bucks I don't think we went wrong.

12. Sep 3, 2017 at 6:19 PM
    JH5370

JH5370 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Eastern WA
    Vehicle:
    2017 White DC TRD PRO
    Man I love this truck.

IMG_4978.PNG.jpg

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  13. Sep 4, 2017 at 1:17 AM
    Tundracollector

Tundracollector New Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    16 Dc trd pro, 04 Dc, 08 rcsb
    Twin!

IMG_0164.jpg

14. Sep 4, 2017 at 4:19 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
  15. Sep 6, 2017 at 12:12 PM
    dcsleeper408

dcsleeper408 BASTRDS

Member:
    First Name:
    mark
    San Jose CA
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD PRO
    GPTempDownload.jpg
    I want a winch setup like @mgm16trdpro
    Do you plan to hook up a rear?

CJ21, R-C, BlueBottle and 3 others like this.
  16. Sep 6, 2017 at 12:30 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Hey Mark, love ur truck btw. Yeah I got the whole setup thru southern style off-road. Gotta say this winch is bad ass, unfortunately comes with a big ass bill too. Although my truck does see the occasional off-road I'm actually going to be using it more for pulling logs. I burn firewood year long to save myself from a $700/month propane heating bill. I get called into work middle of snow storms and other bad weather so it will be nice if I ever slide off the road in the snow. That plus many of times I'm driven pass others that with a winch they'd be good to go. Don't get me wrong I'm not pretending to say I got to only help others, but it's nice to be able to on top of my own use. I've come across trees laying in road and had to get to work, now I can. The possibilities are endless now for use including pulling my kids up the hill on their sleds like a ski lift. But primarily it will get most of its use pulling logs closer to the truck so I can cut up and throw on my trailer for firewood. If I was always in the woods going off-road I agree, a winch for the back makes a ton of sense for those times a snatch block just won't do. But I don't go enough serious off roading to warrant putting 1 on rear too. Great idea just think it'll be overkill for me. But for serious off roader def a great thing to have, especially when alone. I'd say that or go with a friend with a winch is huge.

dcsleeper408[QUOTED] likes this.
  17. Sep 6, 2017 at 1:38 PM
    dcsleeper408

dcsleeper408 BASTRDS

Member:
    First Name:
    mark
    San Jose CA
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD PRO
    @mgm16trdpro
    Thank you sir.
    Agree with you on all ends.. That winch is definitely a wallet drainer.. Damn Tundras need the 10-12k winches too.. @jberry813 used his to haul himself and his unicorn in from the lake.. I seen it on instagram, it was a definitely a first for me.

Watt maker likes this.
  18. Sep 6, 2017 at 1:41 PM
    jberry813

jberry813 The Mad Scientist Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Lake Tahoe
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra Platinum, 2012 Tacoma, 2007 T4R
    Metric shit ton of parts
    :anonymous:

For the record. I was really drunk. But it worked so much better than I expected.

19. Sep 6, 2017 at 2:07 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Trust me I debated long and hard over it. I knew I was getting the bumper and lightbar. I also knew I was going to need a winch, got 1 in my can am outlander and use the living hell out of it. For all I do with them that was given. I just didn't know if I should go big or go home or spend less and still get 1. Fact that the sso bumper oem version is made specific to that winch leaned me that way. Besides loving the look of it virtually unseen, the oem version of bumper also makes the thing pretty damn theft proof. Someone would have to spend hrs to get at it removing grill, bumper, ect. Now no need to worry, they'd have to steal whole truck to get it. The wireless remote clutch was huge too. In middle of snowstorm no need to take off gloves or get down on ground in snow or mud to access solenoid, just press button. I almost went with sso universal bumper which gives two square access holes to get to clutch with a smittybuilt 10k winch. Something told me besides of liking the look of oem bumper better, plus theft proof, that the added features and benefits i would be kicking myself in the ass later as much as i plan to use if I didn't spend the extra coin. So I went big telling myself I'm keeping this truck forever, do it once, do it right, and never have to hopefully do it again. I might get into trouble for this comment but I'm going there anyway lol, this winch and it's features are amazing, I could swear there was even a button for a good ol rub n tug. Lol

20. Sep 6, 2017 at 2:18 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Nothing wrong with that, some of us do our best work that way lol. It's true like Mark said it's a wallet drainer, but it's also a back saver, truck saver, and why not could be life saver. On top of fun haver, log hauler, vehicle rectifier, ect... I live on a pretty big hill. Now in snow I can get myself up into my driveway and even pull up the wifeys Camry too. Pull kids up on sled like a ski left saving me from having to walk up n down. Just sit at bottom with remote, hook em up and push button, stay on bottom to keep them from killing themselves. No more up n down. So for sure it hurt the wallet but now besides all the regular use I got planned for this thing I sit up at night just thinking of other cool shit I can now do with it. Trust me, I plan to get my money's worth out this bad boy. If for no other reason than to justify the cost, this thing will see plenty of action.

dcsleeper408 likes this.
  21. Sep 6, 2017 at 2:20 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Now if only I can find that on Instagram, to see the mad scientist at work lol.

dcsleeper408 and TheBeast like this.
  22. Sep 6, 2017 at 2:30 PM
    lionix

lionix The Grey Moose!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Cape May, New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra TRD Pro CM Cement
    BD Lights, Any Time Fog, Coachbuilder, Pelfreybilt, Bakflip, Custom Bed Rack w/ Tent
    Time to find a new propane company.

23. Sep 6, 2017 at 2:41 PM
    jberry813

jberry813 The Mad Scientist Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Lake Tahoe
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra Platinum, 2012 Tacoma, 2007 T4R
    Metric shit ton of parts
    Watt maker and dcsleeper408 like this.
  24. Sep 6, 2017 at 2:41 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Believe or not, that was what it cost 8 yrs ago when I 1st moved in. Burning wood since. Propane heat is expensive and got over 2k sq ft amount of space to heat. House was built in 01, has good insulation. Thats also hot water, cooking, and heat. Now I have them fill up my 1k gallon underground tank once a yr. Bout to do that tomorrow. Probably will be around 300 gallons at 2.53/gallon.

25. Sep 6, 2017 at 2:46 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Ah man that's fn great. I love it. Well I can't say I thought of that use yet. But as u can see this is exactly what I mean by the possibilities are endless. Now u see why I stay up at night thinking outside the box on more ways to get my money worth out this awesome winch. Lol. Too fn funny man, shit I'll say it twice too fn funny.

26. Sep 6, 2017 at 3:50 PM
    dcsleeper408

dcsleeper408 BASTRDS

Member:
    First Name:
    mark
    San Jose CA
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD PRO
  27. Sep 6, 2017 at 4:44 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Lol true to that. Not the 1st time I've heard that bout him. I can't claim to be genius and I can't claim I thought of the oh shit I'm out of beer use of winch. But I can tell u this, I too can get pretty creative and I'm pretty sure I'll be coming up with some pretty outside the box uses of my new winch. Oh yeah, I can't claim to own a unicorn either lol. I can say that seeing that made my day though and at the very least I got a couple tricks up my sleeve for outside the box creative winch use for when the snow hits.

28. Sep 6, 2017 at 5:00 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Just saw bottom question in my email but not on post. Yeah between the bumper which is pretty light, I think around 70lbs, and the winch I'm guessing around the same, with the pro suspension I can tell that it's there. It doesn't make the truck feel or handle bad, just that I can tell it's there. It's hard to explain. Yeah I'm guessing bc of the soft suspension is why I can notice the slightly different feel. I do have Elkstrom designs aka Coachbuilder shims, shackle, bushings, and steer kit so I'm guessing that helps with difference in weight. I wish I could give u a more educated response to ur inquiry, problem is I don't really know how to explain the difference in feel because it's not really for much better or worse, just that I can feel when I stop or turn that there is more weight up there. I def noticed it most the 1st day I drove with it. Maybe now with more driving I'm just getting more used to it. Wish I had a better answer for ya.

29. Sep 6, 2017 at 5:02 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax

30. Sep 6, 2017 at 5:10 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Here's something I just thought of that's probably a more educated better informative response to ur question. If I was asked if I thought a front sway bar could help bring back the feel before adding the extra weight I would guess yes that it would help bring the original feel back. Again, not a huge difference, not better or worse, just that I can feel that there is some extra weight up there in stopping fast and taking turns fast. Little more push on brake pedal to stop as quick and little more feel of lean into turns than before. Hopefully this answered ur question.

dcsleeper408 likes this.
To Top