1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

LED Front Turn Signal Hyperflash ONLY when parking lights/headlights on

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Bauldin, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Sep 24, 2019 at 2:35 AM
    Bauldin

Bauldin [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra Limited
    I have been converting all lights to LEDs. Prior to installing LED front turn signals, I converted all the rear lights and my headlights. When I installed the front turn signal LED bulbs it was giving me the hyperflash. I purchased and installed 50W 6Ohms resistors and with my lights set to AUTO everything operated properly. When I got off work that night the hyperflash was back. I found out that when I turn my headlights and running lights off the hyperflash goes away. But as soon as I turn on my running/parking lights the hyperflash comes back. Any ideas?

Front Turn Signal Bulbs:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H6TM331/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Resistors
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FDX6YAE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2. Sep 24, 2019 at 5:30 AM
    JohnLakeman

JohnLakeman Burning Internet Daylight

Member:
    Outside of Weird, TX
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM DC TSS 4.6L
    TRD Pro grille, 2018 LED Headlights, Undercover Flex bed cover, Neoprene seat covers, Bed/tailgate mats, Power tailgate lock, auto headlights, illuminated key switch
    If you use 6 ohm resistors, you have to install a resistor in the turn signal circuit at each corner of the vehicle. The better plan is to use 3 ohm resistors at the rear only. I'm not sure how that is changed by headlights and DRLs being on, but the bottom line is hyperflash (a diagnostic saying you have a bulb burned out) is caused by insufficient resistance in the turn signal circuit when incandescent bulbs have been replaced by LEDs.

Bauldin[OP] likes this.
  3. Sep 25, 2019 at 2:51 AM
    Bauldin

Bauldin [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra Limited
    I replaced the rear turn signals with the original OEM bulbs and the hyperflash went away! Thanks so much for your input, its greatly appreciated! Now to purchase 3 Ohm resistors!

4. Jul 8, 2023 at 7:50 PM
    badmotofing3r

badmotofing3r To be so civilized, one must tell civil lies

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    Hot Tamale
    Toytec lift and the works
    Bringing back the dead with this thread but did the 3 Ohm resistors work? I installed “hyper flash free” LEDs for my rear turn signals and I have hyper flash only when parking lights or headlights are on. Thanks.

5. Aug 8, 2023 at 1:30 PM
    PickupMan2008

PickupMan2008 Gladys Knight Industries Two Thousand

Member:
    First Name:
    Quentin
    Orange City, FL
    Vehicle:
    2008 Black Double Cab 4x4 5.7
    Cover King seat covers, weathertech rain guards and floor mats - still working on mods
To Top