1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Largest tire without a lift?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Roachman, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Aug 15, 2014 at 10:02 AM
    Roachman

Roachman [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hey guys and girls,
    I am new to this forum stuff so please forgive me.....
    I have a stock 2008 Tundra Limited 5.7 L 4x4 stock tires and rims 275/65R18's....
    trying to figure out what is the largest tire i can go with out adding a level kit or lift kit ( as i have read of many having issues with this)...
    looking into giving the truck a "Beefy" "off Road" look without the hassels and headaches of above mentioned after market fixes
    I was considering Cooper Discover ST/Maxx 305/70R18's......

Will these fit and would i have any issues?

Thanks for any help

2. Oct 19, 2014 at 5:45 AM
    Patriot

Patriot New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Western NC, the foothills
    Vehicle:
    2014 4x4 Silver Sky "Pro Platinum"
    TT 3/1 Boss lift, XPEL paint protection, tint front windows, door ding protectors aka- s/s running boards, OEM painted flares, TRD shifter, Weathertecs, ARE "Z" topper, locker-down console vault. 285/60/20 Michelin Defender tires, Blackrhino mint wheels, Pro Grill, OEM drivers side grab handle, color matched mirror caps, and door handles. Rough Country LED lower grill lightbar. Blackrhino "mint" wheels.
    The search mode on this forum is a wonderful thing and answers lots of new member questions.
    Here is a great thread which might help you. Your not going to get that "beefy" or aggressive look without a spacer lift or suspension lift.
    I have had the Toytec spacer lift on a previous 4x4 Tacoma and had zero issues. Welcome to the forum.
    Hope this helps!

https://www.tundras.com/threads/official-tundra-wheel-and-tire-setups-pics-and-info.95/

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
    Sean266 and Bob like this.
  3. Dec 15, 2014 at 2:21 PM
    EdwinHallett

EdwinHallett New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Edwin
    Vehicle:
    2014 White Tundra TRD Offroad 4x4
    ProComp 6" Lift, 18" Fuel Moto wheels, ProComp Xtreme Terrain 35" tires, full-TRD exhaust.
    Not to take away from the search feature, but with a leveling kit, you should be able to comfortably run 33" tires. You'll need to account t for back spacing too.

4. Dec 15, 2014 at 2:25 PM
    Relentless

Relentless Tundra newb Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    East of the Sierras(Reno), Nevada
    Vehicle:
    '14 Crewmax SR5 TRD 4x4
    Just a few, more to come
    The tire in question is a 35 12.50, its going to rub without the perfect pair of lift and wheel specs and even a bit of trimming.
    If you dont want to worry about rub, largest I'd consider is a 295/70/18 (about 34x12) and even then theres probably minor trimming and either aftermarket wheels or wheel spacers on stock wheels required.

To Top