1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Kudos to Walmart

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Kung, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Oct 9, 2020 at 11:12 AM
    Kung

Kung [OP] [Insert Custom Title Here]

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    KG, VA
    Vehicle:
    2020 SR5 CM 4WD, TRD Off-Road, Voodoo Blue
    Spiffy console tray Spiffy N-Fab steps Spiffy Katzkin seats
    So for the last 2 or 3 weeks, I've had what I now realize to be the slowest leak I've ever had on any vehicle I've owned, in my passenger side rear tire. I'd fill it up...and 2 weeks later or so I'd get the low tire pressure notice. While @ work today, I called the local Firestone to ask if they could help me figure out where the leak was. They just called back.

Bad news: According to them, it looks like a tire defect, as if there's a seam that is splitting. It's super small @ this point, like a pinhole, but it's not a puncture or anything.

Good news: Called Walmart, and they said "Yeah, there's been a bad batch of those. Bring it on in and we'll not only warranty replace that one but will inspect the other 3 and replace any that are suspect."

2. Oct 9, 2020 at 11:30 AM
    timsp8

timsp8 Former Tundra owner for 13 years

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Limited Crewmax - Traded In
    Is it your stock tires? I know you mentioned Firestone, but have you already replaced tires on a 2020?

I worked at Walmart automotive in college. They were good at what they do. Worst story was a different Walmart changed the oil in a car and didnt put the oil cap back on. The person drove about 200 miles and came to our Walmart due to the smoke and oil smell. It was bone dry. I’m not sure what Walmart did. I never followed up. We filled it for her and sent her to the gm.

3. Oct 11, 2020 at 5:40 AM
    Kung

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    KG, VA
    Vehicle:
    Yep, stock tires; mine came with Michelin LTX A/T2. I ended up going to the dealership. I have two choices:

1. Go to a Michelin 'dealer' and have them replace it free of charge.
    2. Go to the Toyota dealer, pay for the tire up front, and then I get reimbursed for it.

I'm actually going with #2 simply because the only Michelin 'dealer' around here is Big O Tires, and suffice it to say that they don't exactly have the best reputation around here. What I'm going to do is buy the tire up front, and have them put that tire plus the spare on the back; and then take the driver's side rear tire and put it on the spare rim.

4. Oct 11, 2020 at 5:44 AM
    timsp8

timsp8 Former Tundra owner for 13 years

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Limited Crewmax - Traded In
    The Big O in St Robert? I got KO2s from them a few years ago and they did some other little work for me. I had a good experience there. But I’ve also had good experiences at the Toyota dealer there too.

YardBird likes this.
  5. Oct 11, 2020 at 9:44 AM
    Leo's first

Leo's first TRUCK GANG

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Groton ma
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tundra Limited CM Pyrite Mica
    Ya say what you will about Wally World but they have become my goto for batteries and sometimes tires. It takes a solid 2 hrs to replace the battery in my wife’s Sebring having to remove the wheel and fender well liner and other brackets just to access it I’ve had it done 4 times in last 8 yrs once at a local shop that tried to charge me 3hrs labor ($285) plus the battery the other 3 times at Wally just for the cost of the battery and one time was warranty nc

Kung[OP], NewImprovedRon and YardBird like this.
  6. Oct 11, 2020 at 10:48 AM
    Kung

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    KG, VA
    Vehicle:
    Yep - and I'm not saying that I personally know they're terrible; just that I've heard in general about two places not being the best - Big O in St. Robert, and then the Firestone on post. (ESPECIALLY the Firestone on post. LOL)

YardBird likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top