1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Kneeling in NFL what are your thoughts

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by Johnkentzel, Sep 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sep 24, 2017 at 11:04 PM
    BestGen

BestGen Free Kyle!

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Haunted Turnbull Canyon CA
    Vehicle:
    '05 RCLB, 2UZ-FE, 4wd / '88 4RNR XTE 22RE/W56/RF1A
    Fabtech 2.5" coilovers, BFG KO2 34/10.5/17, 17x7.5 TE wheels, add-a-leaves, 4.56 gears, Rhino-lined
    My father was a decorated WWII combat veteran who shed tears every time they played the national anthem. So seeing these ungrateful pieces of shit disrespect the flag just makes me want to kick 'em in the nads.

Ericsopa, Law323, KB Voodoo and 3 others like this.
  2. Sep 25, 2017 at 12:01 AM
    ColoradoTJ

ColoradoTJ Certified tow LEO Staff Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    Calibrated Power 5 Tune pack, Allison 1000 tune, PPE deep trans pan, Cold/Hot CAC pipes, Banks CAI, PCV reroute, resonator delete, S&B 62 gal fuel tank, B&W GN hitch
    Here is a list of sponsors from today's Broncos game. While virtually impossible to boycott them all, you can write them on social media with something along these lines:
    This American is boycotting your products as long as you support the NFL that allows employees to disrespect the national anthem.

Southwest
    Geico
    Verizon
    Taco bell
    Buffalo wild wings
    Energizer
    Pizzahut
    Car gurus
    Apple
    Hyundai
    Progressive
    Sonic
    Home depot
    Pepsi
    Priceline
    Mercedes
    Modelo
    Chantix
    Snickers
    Dickies
    Corona
    Dominoes
    Lowes
    Jaguar
    AARP
    Cricket
    Quicken loans
    Bud light
    Smashburger
    Autonation
    Old spice
    Sony
    FedEx
    Toyota
    Lincoln

3. Sep 25, 2017 at 12:12 AM
    Jsena

Jsena Trend setter, not a follower!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    A Bad Bissshhhh
    7 inch BDS LIFT, 22x10 RBP wheels 37 inch Atturo MT Tires, Flowmaster, Bullydog Tuner
    That's a good idea

ColoradoTJ[QUOTED] likes this.
  4. Sep 25, 2017 at 12:15 AM
    ColoradoTJ

ColoradoTJ Certified tow LEO Staff Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    Calibrated Power 5 Tune pack, Allison 1000 tune, PPE deep trans pan, Cold/Hot CAC pipes, Banks CAI, PCV reroute, resonator delete, S&B 62 gal fuel tank, B&W GN hitch
    When people's bank accounts are effected, policies change. Nobody goes to work for "fun" and would just give the money one earned to someone not deserving.

War Machine and Jsena[QUOTED] like this.
  5. Sep 25, 2017 at 12:40 AM
    Jsena

Jsena Trend setter, not a follower!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    A Bad Bissshhhh
    7 inch BDS LIFT, 22x10 RBP wheels 37 inch Atturo MT Tires, Flowmaster, Bullydog Tuner
    :amen:

ColoradoTJ[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Sep 25, 2017 at 1:50 AM
    DalTee

DalTee New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dal
    Vehicle:
    2011 SuperWhite CrewMax Limited
    Extang Folding Tonneau, 20 percent tint, TRD dual exhaust, BedMat, Stubby antennae, Bully Hitch Step, AVS Window Shades
    I'm sad.

I'm sad that people don't get that I don't want to get shot for reaching for my wallet.
    I'm sad that I have no police record and at 49 years old I, have been stopped by the police for everything from wanting to see what's in my coffee cup - to someone in a town 20 miles ago was seen suspiciously in a car like yours.

I'm sad that I have to mount a flashlight in my backseat so that if my nephews drive my truck, it won't be seen as an accessible weapon.

I'm sad that a 12 year old boy playing in the Park can be seen as an adult and shot with no repurcussion.

I'm sad that people can't go to a bible reading, be welcoming, without fear of being killed.

I'm sad that people can rally down that street yelling death to Jews, death to blacks, fire pistols into crowds, beat men up with sticks, run cars into groups of people and it's ok.

I'm sad that you can have a person on tape say "You know I'm gonna kill him, right" kill the guy, and there's not enough evidence to prosecute the guy.

I'm sad that regardless of how many times I show that I'm afraid to walk down any street - in any neighborhood - in any town - I'm seen as a baby and politicizing the situation.

I'm sad that if facts are given as to why a man peacefully says this is the forum I choose to say "help us out here" the narrative is turned around as to hate for police hate for the military and being unappreciative.

I'm sad that men have to be called SOBs - sons of female dogs - because they want their families, friends, and communities to be treated fairly.

I'm sad that I can look at the amount of handheld and long barreled weapons weapons that people on this site have - know that it's legal to carry them - and if I were to do the same and try to show my permit- I risk being killed (see Philandro Castille)

I'm sad that I am a Christian and show love to everyone but still be afraid that I can loose my life because people fear me for what I look like.

I'm Sad that there is this much angst of a piece of fabric.

I'm Sad that we are living in the last days, people genuinely need help, but we choose to have a battle amongst each other over what amounts to nothing in the grand scheme of things. In my opinion the whole situation is demonic and divisive.

I'm sad that a men asking you to see what is going on is called every Vile name in the book but those perpetrators of true hate aren't called to task for their behaviors.

JMB, tomsinamerica, st33l and 4 others like this.
  7. Sep 25, 2017 at 2:02 AM
    DalTee

DalTee New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dal
    Vehicle:
    Extang Folding Tonneau, 20 percent tint, TRD dual exhaust, BedMat, Stubby antennae, Bully Hitch Step, AVS Window Shades
    Why don't they as human beings deserve respect?

What did most people do to deserve the freedoms they enjoy?

On a percentage scale how many people actually lift a finger to preserve any perceived freedom they have?

8. Sep 25, 2017 at 2:06 AM
    DalTee

DalTee New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dal
    Vehicle:
    A list of donations made

http://kaepernick7.com/million-dollar-pledge/

9. Sep 25, 2017 at 2:11 AM
    DalTee

DalTee New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dal
    Vehicle:
    Read Isaiah 2:1-22

Law323 and Sunnier like this.
  10. Sep 25, 2017 at 2:26 AM
    PermaFrostTRD

PermaFrostTRD Tumescent Member

Member:
    Northern NY
    Vehicle:
    2019 CrewMax MGM Grocery Getter
    limited wannabe, suspension and tire improvements
  11. Sep 25, 2017 at 2:26 AM
    George14

George14 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra SR5 Dc TRD Off Road 5.7L with tow package
    None
    Disrespectful

12. Sep 25, 2017 at 2:53 AM
    DalTee

DalTee New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dal
    Vehicle:
    There are others who do things on different scales.

I know Andrew Pinnock and Dwight Freeney have been doing thing around here for a number of years. This was prior to the need to advertise what they do so people don't call them wimps crybabies and privileged

13. Sep 25, 2017 at 3:24 AM
    PermaFrostTRD

Member:
    Northern NY
    Vehicle:
    Oh I know about countless NFL'ers and charities.
    I meant specifically to fight against "the oppresion of blacks/people of color".
    In this era of the modern social justice whiner, we are reminded over and over that it isn't about the intent of the message or messenger, but how it's perceived by those choosing to be offended. Look at the polarizing cases of Colin Kaepernick and Tim Tebow (each individual equally polarizing as they are in comparing the two together). I happen to think both are genuine, sincere, and well intended. Again I don't agree that perception/reception should be valued over intent but that's the way it is now. Sad, as you would say. Kneeling during the national anthem is perceived as disrespectful to our nation's military. Is, was, and always will be. Perception/reception > intent. Make of that what you will.

Finally, I think Kap's message becomes tainted/muted (at least for me) because of his complete lack of awareness. I don't want to go into the situations surrounding his upbringing but it's out there and kind of flies in the face of what he's protesting. Also, American football (and professional sports in general is one of the last bastions of the American dream. A completely insulated ecosystem where you can literally come from nothing and become the top dog based strictly on merit, performance, and results. Favoritism and nepotism are not the norm. It's why you don't see Phil Simms' kid starting at QB anymore. Or the Clausen brothers doing anything. Eli manning currently might be the exception to this, but he's won 2 Super Bowls at least. So I think Kap is doing the right thing, at the wrong time. How about press conferences instead? (Yes I'm aware he has spoken out about this in his pressers, but they were answers to questions about him kneeling during the anthem, with a Mohammed Ali -a unbelievable draft-dodging coward - shirt; again, this lack of awareness keeps showing up).

In short, perhaps the right thing.... but definitely at the wrong time.

War Machine likes this.
  14. Sep 25, 2017 at 3:50 AM
    DalTee

DalTee New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dal
    Vehicle:
    I'll give you some of that. But here is a real question for you - When is it ever the right time?

Look - for me personally - I understand the issues because I live them, they affect me.

Do I think it's disrespectful? No - I'm a war vet and I STILL have the challenges that is being protested against.

Would I protest? I don't think so because I believe that all things will be handled by God in the long term.

I get why people won't take a knee - for a vast number of reasons.

I get why people take a knee - for two reasons 1. Injustice and being discriminated upon
    2. Most recently (this weekend) being called out of your name and called upon to be fired for merely saying there's a problem and people looking st the how as opposed to the why.

Law323 likes this.
  15. Sep 25, 2017 at 4:22 AM
    PermaFrostTRD

Member:
    Northern NY
    Vehicle:
    @DalTee
    The right time?

Depends on if you want people to actually listen to you/your message, or just be heard.

Since you brought up "the tweets" do you think if they were delivered differently and by a less polarizing figure that they would have been perceived differently?

I think it's from "remember the titans" but the quote of "attitude reflects leadership" rings awfully true here.

Sunnier and ColoradoTJ like this.
  16. Sep 25, 2017 at 4:28 AM
    DalTee

DalTee New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dal
    Vehicle:
    You know - I just caught something why would having a personal belief and expressing and standing up for said belief be considered cowardice?

If you stand up for your belief against a
    More than likely yes.

It's like that one kid in the neighborhood who always has a lot of trash to say and everyone blows him off.

He talks trash on the wrong day gets beat up and now he has to call daddy and his brothers to get him Out of trouble when all he had to do was keep quiet to begin with

17. Sep 25, 2017 at 5:01 AM
    Randy Morton

Randy Morton Life takes its toll, please have exact change.

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Deepinahearta, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tundra Double Cab, Beta Variant (I call it my Land Yacht)
    I gave up on pro sports years ago. Every night the news reports told of another player's arrest. They're mainly drug addicted whiners that think the ability to run fast, or throw something a long distance, gives them some privileged status. The latest round of reports of domestic violence underscores their lack of respect for those around them. "Taking a knee" emphasises their lack of respect for the nation that allows them to make millions playing a child's game. Sadly, the average viewer will never tune out. Bread and circuses will take priority and pro sports will continue to dominate. Karl Marx said that religion is the opiate of the people. Karl never saw televised pro sports.

040Tundra likes this.
  18. Sep 25, 2017 at 5:08 AM
    HBdirtbag

HBdirtbag New Member

Member:
    Walnut Creek, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 limited cm
    think of how many of those players are arrested, and then think about how many players there are. To say they're "mainly" is pretty ignorant. Vast majority of them are no different then you or me with just a different profession.

19. Sep 25, 2017 at 5:09 AM
    War Machine

War Machine SSEM # 5 3MW

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas

That's one thing that does strike me. Whether or not you agree with his way of protest, he does absolutely put his money where his mouth is. Long before this, he was a man that always seemed genuine, and put a lot of effort into helping others. He has for years conducted himself in a manner that was a great example for others. I'd venture to say that he has done much more to help others than most in his position.
    Whether or not we agree with his decision to protest in this manner, I don't think we should judge him solely on this one act. Before this happened, I was a fan of his, because I had read about the work and effort he put in to helping his fellow man. I rooted for him because of this, not because of the way he played football. It's the same reason I always pulled for Kurt Warner, because he was a good human being.
    Kaepernick exercised his rights to do what he did. The flip side is that the league and fan base exercised their rights to exile him from the league. I may be wrong, but I don't believe Colin has complained or whined about the result of his actions. He knew going in what could happen, and stood by his decision. That's really all you can ask of someone. Do what you believe is right, and stand by it. The man is doing what he believes is right.
    Once again, I am by no means saying he made the right decision. I'm only saying that we should look deeper, and not write off everything good someone has done because we disagree with one facet of him.
    We can't pick and choose when we want to enforce the constitution. We have to allow those who believe differently to speak out. The thing about our freedom is that we can't at any point chip away at it, for any reason. Ever. If any group loses the freedom to do as they see fit, then all of us do.

20. Sep 25, 2017 at 5:12 AM
    War Machine

War Machine SSEM # 5 3MW

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas
    Agreed. We shouldn't be generalizing in such a way. I've never known a pro athlete personally, but I've known tons of drug addicts and wife beaters.

Law323 likes this.
  21. Sep 25, 2017 at 5:18 AM
    Sunnier

Sunnier Pity the warrior that slays all his foes

Member:
    First Name:
    Sunny
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Inferno Tundra DC TRD & Longtravel 1st Gen, Banner/ HulkSmash build
    With a couple of exceptions (the referenced officer-involved shootings that were determined "reasonable" based on what officers knew at the time, and therefore lawful under Graham v. Connor), I hear and understand everything you wrote.

I am close to several LEO's who have had to respond instantly in fluid, dangerous circumstances, or risk death to themselves or others-- who rely on practiced reaction to training to make decisions in a fraction of the time it would take for any human to gather all possible information and reason through options. AND I am close to young men of color (and their moms and other family who love and cherish them) who are --whether I/we "get it" or not-- truly afraid in encounters with police. Or even of whites in some communities where racial diversity is not the norm. And yes, the reverse can be true too, persons of any minority in a place, feeling uneasy about being there, isolated, distrusted, and distrustful.

My experience has been that a very few-- LEO's and thugs, of any race-- are responsible for transgressions that lead to big divisions in our communities and country. Based on what I've read on this thread, I perceive that most everyone chiming in on this thread are white, male, Christian, with current or prior military or LEO service (Thank you!) or family, and vehemently against kneeling during our anthem.

That said, most (not all) of my military and LEO friends and family accept and explain to others, that a primary responsibility of those who are the thin blue line is to maintain the freedoms and safety of all Americans....

Those doing the kneeling are saying they don't feel represented, or safe, and they want to start a national dialogue on race. [Insert #safeplace and #snowflake here, so you know that, on any other thread, I'd be right there with the jokes, but not on this one.] As someone else already said, I appreciate that it's a "peaceful" protest unlike protests that turn to riots. (Henry David Thoreau references would go here.)

A couple of y'all have said as much already, better than me. I just wanted to say that, regardless of how angry any among us might be, I think some open-minded perspective-taking won't hurt us. But shutting down those who might disagree with us most probably will. In the long run.

I ain't tryin' to convince anybody to watch football. But I do think there's a bunch of Tundra lovin' Americans on this site who should be able to speak up and not feel chased off.... I'm all about 'loving our neighbors'. I don't know that anyone else will contribute along the same perspective as DalTee, but I'll read what they write, if they do.

Viper3G, PermaFrostTRD and Law323 like this.
  22. Sep 25, 2017 at 5:24 AM
    Law323

Law323 it’s only weird if you make it weird

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    Toytec BOSS suspension lift @ 3" (front) Toytec BOSS remote resi's (back) 1" Toytec block (rear) 275/70r18 Toyo AT2 Info system mod 3D MAXpider Kagu floor mats LED interior lights 50% ceramic tint front windows 35% ceramic tint windshield brow Bed mounted YETI bottle opener Paracord wrapped oh Sh!t bars 3" stubby antennae TRD sway bar Upcoming: LED backup lights OEM Backup camera Iron Cross Patriot step bars Trifold or roll up tonneau cover
    Honestly, I can understand both sides.

joonbug likes this.
  23. Sep 25, 2017 at 5:34 AM
    Sunnier

Sunnier Pity the warrior that slays all his foes

Member:
    First Name:
    Sunny
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Inferno Tundra DC TRD & Longtravel 1st Gen, Banner/ HulkSmash build
    You guys are awesome!

24. Sep 25, 2017 at 5:36 AM
    HBdirtbag

HBdirtbag New Member

Member:
    Walnut Creek, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 limited cm

That's where I am. I'm torn on the issue. I've chosen to ignore it. I have much much respect for those that have served this country. At the same time, I don't know if I view what went on yesterday as disrespect towards them or not. Ultimately everyone who has fought for us has fought for our constitutional rights. And what happened yesterday was one of them. There are countries out there where doing what happened yesterday would get you locked up and flogged; we are all grateful we don't live in one of those countries.

Law323[QUOTED] and Sunnier like this.
  25. Sep 25, 2017 at 5:38 AM
    Ted4311

Ted4311 Don't Sweat The Small Stuff

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    SOMD
    Vehicle:
    14 Tundra MGM TRD-OFFROAD 4X4
    A LOT... NEVER ENDS
    So this is my thoughts....

First amendment rights :thumbsup: loud and clear totally agree on that aspect. BUT!!!!!!! Not paying respect and standing for the national anthem... I feel its disrecteful for the troops who gave their life to help make America what it is today. It's a double edge sword, if you choose not to stand, it's your right not to but remember people lost their life fighting to get us to where we are now so its in theory disrespectful.

My two cents now, let the players and staff do whatever the hell they want. Don't show them during the national anthem, either keep the camera on the singer or the flag. That takes this whole situation out of context because no one will see them sitting, kneeling, or picking their nose while the anthem is on. Unless your at the game
    To be 100% honest.... WHO GIVES A RATS ASS! Just something else for the media to blow out of proportion....:annoyed:

JMB, 1UPPER, War Machine and 2 others like this.
  26. Sep 25, 2017 at 5:45 AM
    Law323

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    Toytec BOSS suspension lift @ 3" (front) Toytec BOSS remote resi's (back) 1" Toytec block (rear) 275/70r18 Toyo AT2 Info system mod 3D MAXpider Kagu floor mats LED interior lights 50% ceramic tint front windows 35% ceramic tint windshield brow Bed mounted YETI bottle opener Paracord wrapped oh Sh!t bars 3" stubby antennae TRD sway bar Upcoming: LED backup lights OEM Backup camera Iron Cross Patriot step bars Trifold or roll up tonneau cover
    exactly!

i'm completely PRO LEO, military, and public servant. I'm also PRO first amendment and unity.

problem seems to be the media and others incapable (or most of the time, unwilling) of seeing/understanding the others point of view. Should be damn grateful we live in a country that allows you to have more than one viable point of view (like you said!!)

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
    War Machine, Sunnier and Ted4311 like this.
  27. Sep 25, 2017 at 6:04 AM
    040Tundra

040Tundra Teddy 2013-2019

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    040 '16 CM LTD 4x4
    A little of this and a little of that.
    This is not the place (in my opinion) to bash anothers opinion or beliefs. Therefore, I will only write what I believe and feel to be true.

First off, thank you to all you men/women who have served the greatest country on earth so my family and I can have the frredoms that the Constitution allows my family and I. I never really had the opportunity to serve as my health (specifically back problems) has plaugued me my entire life.

As far as kneeling on the field or any other place while our National Anthem plays is pretty chicken [insert cuss word here]. This wonderful place we live that has afforded some players of the NFL to go from “rags to riches” almost overnight. What other place in the world would pay that kind of salary to anybody for playing a game? So show some respect to those who fought or died for your opportunity to make a salary for playing a game. Complete ungratefulness in my opinion.

Anytime I hear the NAtional Anthem play my heart swells and I face the flag with my hand over my heart. As the Anthem plays a tear or two always runs down my cheeks as I think about the words of the song and what our Fore Fathers fought for, too many of them dying for a free counrty for themselves and their children they loved and would come to love so deeply.

I consider myself a PATRIOT even though I’ve never stepped onto a battlefield. I love my country and would, if called to do so, willingly give my life for these freedoms so my family and others might have a better place to live. I consider it a personal kneeling against people like myslef when players choose to excercise their freedom of speech by kneeling during them National Anthem.

28. Sep 25, 2017 at 6:11 AM
    War Machine

War Machine SSEM # 5 3MW

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas
    Captain America said it best:

Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."

29. Sep 25, 2017 at 6:17 AM
    chphilo

chphilo Tundra addict

Member:
    Western PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Toyota Tundra TRD 5.7 4x4 CM
    Very nicely written. Sadly, it sounds very familiar to me.

JMB likes this.
  30. Sep 25, 2017 at 6:17 AM
    Law323

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    well said! God works ALL THINGS for the good of those who love Him.

Patriot and 1UPPER like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top