1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Just joined the Tundra bed rust community.....

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by TechWrench, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Mar 10, 2020 at 7:22 PM
    MotoTundra

MotoTundra The Ocho

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    -TRS Mini D2S Retrofit on TRD Pro Headlights (Apollo 2.0 Shrouds, 35w XB Ballasts, 5500k Bulbs) -Baja Designs Squadron R Sport Aux lights. -TRD Pro Grill -TRD Rear Sway Bar -BakFlip VP Tonneau w/BakBox -Dipped wheels & bumpers -Iron Cross HD steps -Undercover Swingcase -SunTek Paint Protection film -Tinted glass -Bedmat -OEM Towing Mirrors
    Roger that, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

2. Mar 10, 2020 at 11:05 PM
    10 blue trucks

10 blue trucks New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    04 4WD RCLB
    Go local Go aluminum. 30 years on 2 different trucks. Doesn't have to be grandpas tool box shape. Design what you want. This box in the 90's was cheaper than a basic ford bed replacement in 2008.

P1030750.jpg

3. Mar 10, 2020 at 11:08 PM
    10 blue trucks

10 blue trucks New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    04 4WD RCLB
    A good trailer shop can build you a custom bed that lasts decades over the steel that came on your truck.

4. Mar 12, 2020 at 6:22 PM
    offroadlife

offroadlife New Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 Rock Warrior
    I’m looking at that option as well for longer term.
    Here are some pics of the damage:

5. Jan 11, 2024 at 11:01 AM
    hoss01983

hoss01983 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra SR5
    2014 tundra with 45,000 miles on it. Had spray in Rhino liner installed when I purchased used in 2017 with 21,000 miles. I have had fluid film sprayed under entire truck every fall. Pennsylvania truck. No rust anywhere on frame and not visible from underneath.

This bed issue is still happening. Toyota dealership knows there are issues and no help. Corporate knows and doesn’t care.

spent 11 hours cutting off the bedliner.

Going to have a welder cut out what he can without removing the bed, but if too bad will remove bed and replacecrossbraces.

Complaint went to the “tier 3” representative and after hearing her say Toyota stands behind their product three times I laughed and said ok I will drop it off for a bed replacement on their dime.

Toyota’s response was vehicles rust. I said I understand that but this truck Gen 3 has the same exact issue that the 2007-2012 models had the TSB for.

Anyway a complete waste of time with them. This will be my 1st and last Toyota vehicle. Truck is a POS, had the cam tower leak, front timing chain cover leak and rear main engine seal leak all under 32,000 miles. I had to fight with toyota for every warranty claim.

Done with Toyota.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jul 17, 2023EditDeleteReport
    M

The Black Mamba likes this.
  6. Jan 11, 2024 at 12:02 PM
    Bakershack

Bakershack Critical of Noncritical Thinkers

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Spanish Fort, AL
    Vehicle:
    2020 SSM 1794 4x4
    Reviving a 3+ year old thread? Your intended audience is likely not even on the site anymore.

The Black Mamba likes this.
  7. Jan 11, 2024 at 1:55 PM
    The Black Mamba

The Black Mamba Black Sneks Matter

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    Black 00 SR5 AC 5VZ PreRunner
    Imma keep it stock
    Well sir, vehicles do rust. You have a 10-year-old truck that lives in the rust belt. Yes, I read your post. Even the part about fluid filming the frame and no visible rust. It sucks, but it is what it is. I'm sorry you couldn't get it fixed for free. Infact, I'm sorry that you have had such a hard ownership with it that you felt the need to see everything as a warrantable concern and not wear and tear. Warranties expire and at some point, it falls on the actual owner of the vehicle to take responsibility for their vehicle. That's called life.
    I noticed that you have only posted 3 other times in the past 6 months, and all have been about this bed rust concern. If you are here just to bash on Toyota, your words will fall on deaf ears. Maybe Reddit would be a better stage for you. We are a community of Tundra enthusiasts. We love our trucks. We love working on our trucks and we support one another in each other's endeavors. We all might not necessarily love the Toyota brand, but we all genuinely love our trucks.
    I liked your post in acknowledgment of the hard work and effort that you have put into it. It looks good and having been done properly will net you another 10 years. Job well done!

wauto likes this.
  8. Feb 8, 2024 at 8:16 AM
    RitcheyRch

RitcheyRch New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Lowered & Supercharged Crewmax
    TRD Lowered and Supercharged
    Welcome from So Cal