1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Joined Forum today, considering Tundra

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by vrhaines, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Jan 31, 2019 at 8:15 AM
    Hammy68

Hammy68 Peak Bagger

Member:
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    2018 Silver Tundra TRD Off Road Crewmax
    RC 1.75” Front, 1” Rear, TRD Dual Exhaust, Nitto RGs 275/70/18, TRD Center Caps, Rugged Cover Hard Tonneau, Rhino Liner, LED interior/exterior upgrade
    If you have found a TRD OR CM you like, don’t hesitate to buy it. As the member above wrote, I looked at them all when I wanted to get out my 17 Tacoma. I almost got sucked into buying an 18 Silverado as a buddy had just got one after trading his Tacoma and when driving it for 5 minutes, it did drive nice. He scoffed when I stayed true to the brand I have been with for years, plus my wife’s 4Runner has been the best vehicle ever. I absolutely love this truck- it’s got all the goodies I need and is fun to add stuff to as you can afford it. My buddy has now had numerous problems with his truck already and luckily leased it, as he was admittedly afraid to buy it. When I pull up next to him with my modest lift and the duals, he is sheepeshly quiet now. What a joy this truck is to drive, and my wife, who was afraid to drive it the first time, loves it and stated that it “drives small” and she forgets how big it is until she tries to park. I’m know I am rambling, but I just like to talk about my truck......

vrhaines[OP] likes this.
  2. Jan 31, 2019 at 8:46 AM
    knoxville36

knoxville36 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2024 GMC Sierra 1500 Elevation w/3.0 Duramax
    Oh I know it can be tough. Ford and Dodges do look very nice inside! And have a lot of new features. I personally know of one person that is having problems with the new RAM screen. It will not recognize him touching it so the radio and heat settings are stuck and can't change or something like that according to him.

Toyota is a truck. I love the looks of them. It is a hard decision for sure! 2021 to 2022 is supposed to be the new model year with updates. Maybe buy another year or so and see what Toyota comes out with?

Every single Tundra owner I know is getting better mileage than anticipated that I talk to in stock form. I am averaging 16.2 MPG over the life of the truck (4,233 Miles) and I keep track on Fuelly.

From talking to the guys at work, the guy with the ecoboost King Ranch is only getting 17.4 and he drives round trip back and forth to work everyday 110 miles all interstate....

The other guy with 5.0 is averaging 17.4. A lot of driving around town and occasional trips to Atlanta.

3. Feb 6, 2019 at 10:36 AM
    vrhaines

vrhaines [OP] New Member

Member:
    Still here! Still thinking about it. Going to go drive it again today. Drove the Rebel last night and thought, yeah this thing is sick, but for 10k more and immediate value loss, I will be disappointed. The only thing keeping me from taking the Tundra home now is the fact that I like my Wrangler and Summer will be here eventually and the top will come down.

4. Feb 6, 2019 at 3:40 PM
    rons23

rons23 Get The Led Out!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Kill Devil Hills
    Vehicle:
    2008 Nautical Blue TRD
    Sabm (Gtek-Fab), Blake Carbon Diamond Plate door sil protecters, and Air Dam mod, Black Rivited Grill, Devil Horns- Black Anodized(Diaz Fabrication), Hid's in Low Beams and Fogs -6000k, Piaa Extreme for High Beams. Black Rhino Step Tubes, Razir Led interior Lights (white), Low Profile Black Diamond Plate Tool Box, Trd accesories, Weather Tech Mats, Carbon Fiber Shorty Antenna, Drl's, Plasta Dipped Badges + Front Grill Surround
    Welcome from Obx

Products Discussed in

To Top