1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

JBL Premium display white and not working. Staying illuminated when I turn off the truck!

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by RBeezy9, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Feb 21, 2020 at 9:08 AM
    RBeezy9

RBeezy9 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra Platinum 4x4 Magnetic Grey Metallic
    Leveling kit, Fuel wheels, Nitto Terra Grapplers 305/55R20, TRD rear sway bar, color keyed mirrors and handles, bully bar, shorty antenna, blackout badging, more to come...
    Hello everyone, hoping I can find some help because my internet search is not leading to anything yet. This morning, seconds after starting my 14 Platinum the JBL premium display went white and the music cut out. The screen and all controls are not working. I have shut off the truck, tried resetting the head unit, and no response. I have not had time to disconnect the battery, but will do that this evening. Also, the display is staying illuminated when I shut off the truck and lock the doors! WTF??? I am at a loss. I did the software update well over a year ago to eliminate the prior freezing issues that this unit had. Anyone else experience what is happening? Thanks for your help.

2. Feb 21, 2020 at 9:58 PM
    Compressed

Compressed New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Vehicle:
    2015 Platinum
    My wife has the exact same issue with her non-JBL head unit in her 2014 Highlander. She heard a loud pop and then the screen went blank and the radio shut off. The radio is completely non-responsive, other than the white illuminated display. I tried to do a hard reset with no luck. I had to pull the radio fuse to shut off the illuminated display because I was afraid it would drain the battery. I have been searching, but unfortunately, I don't have a solution. Let us know if you find a solution. Thanks.

3. Feb 22, 2020 at 8:28 AM
    RBeezy9

RBeezy9 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra Platinum 4x4 Magnetic Grey Metallic
    Leveling kit, Fuel wheels, Nitto Terra Grapplers 305/55R20, TRD rear sway bar, color keyed mirrors and handles, bully bar, shorty antenna, blackout badging, more to come...
    Update - when I left work yesterday, the display was no longer illuminated and the controls were working again. It appeared the system was playing music from my phone, but nothing come from the speakers. Then, the system rebooted every 1-2 minutes during my 25 minute drive home. I shut the truck off when I got home, turned it back on and music played and everything worked as expected. Very unusual. I was planning to pull the fuse as well if my plan to disconnect the battery did not resolve anything. At this point, I am not doing anything to investigate since it is working again.

Products Discussed in

To Top