1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

JBL owners with aftermarket headunit via idatalink maestro

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by BlueBottle, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Jul 10, 2018 at 4:12 PM
    slide187

slide187 New Member

Member:
    Boston, MA
    Vehicle:
    2015 Silver Sky Metallic DC Limited Tundra
    Console Cavern Organizer Mod, Driver's Forward Assist Handle Tonno Pro Hardfold, Body Colored Door Handles, Body Colored Mirror Caps, MBRP Stainless XP Series Dual Exhaust, OEM Bed Extender

Well Son of a bitch. that worked, thanks for the info, man!!! it was weird because it wouldn't go down at all... but after like 8 seconds holding the down switch, it just went all the way down... i held it there for 10 seconds to be safe.... then put it up and held it up another ten... and now its back to normal!

sometimes i have no idea what i'd do without forums like this one hahahhaa.

Tundra Fan likes this.
  2. Jul 10, 2018 at 8:15 PM
    Tundra Fan

Tundra Fan Paper Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Toby
    Nor Cal (Placer Co.)
    Vehicle:
    2013 Platinum, Silver Sky Metallic
    :thumbsup:
    Glad it worked. Now I just need to remember it if it ever happens to me. :D

slide187 likes this.
  3. Jul 14, 2018 at 10:20 PM
    Tundra Fan

Tundra Fan Paper Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Toby
    Nor Cal (Placer Co.)
    Vehicle:
    Well, I went ahead and installed the OBD plug in today since I had the HU out to install my front cam. The constant hot issue didn't happen this time, so all is good there.
    Adding it gave me these 2 screens (pic borrowed from B737) except I don't have the menu options at the bottom of the screen like he does, I just have the < and > icons with nothing in between. Also, the TPMS readings don't match what my digital tire gauge reads. One tire was close, another was way off, so I'm not sure what is going on there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As far as the idatalink Maestro, I tried reflashing it to see if I could change some of the options for the steering wheel. Unfortunately it was a no. I can't believe they don't have an option where the preset scan buttons on the steering wheel don't work to toggle thru the presets. :crazy: I left it on scan, but it's annoying.
    Does anyone using the DDX9904s have a lag with their ipod, or it not playing the song that you select on the screen? It might be because I'm not using a compatible ipod though.

slide187 likes this.
  4. Jul 14, 2018 at 11:02 PM
    slide187

slide187 New Member

Member:
    Boston, MA
    Vehicle:
    2015 Silver Sky Metallic DC Limited Tundra
    Console Cavern Organizer Mod, Driver's Forward Assist Handle Tonno Pro Hardfold, Body Colored Door Handles, Body Colored Mirror Caps, MBRP Stainless XP Series Dual Exhaust, OEM Bed Extender
    So its weird.... I have all the gauges, both pages of them and they all function except for the Fuel gauge for some reason. And this is WITHOUT the OBD plug. However i do NOT have any TPMS data at all. On the TPMS page tho i still get battery voltage, gear shift position, and any doors that are open show up. when i had the OBD plug in i obviously also got the TPMS info, but it seems like that was the only thing to go with the plug (besides the constant power thing haha)

I talked to a guy who said if i solder a 1 amp diode between the OBD wire and the existing resistor on the harness that connects it to the power wire it should stop the power backfeed, but won't be sure until i do it if it will allow the data to pass thru. so i'll be trying that on monday and i'll report my findings.

For the steering wheel controls, i dont feel like the tundra SWC did that in the first place, mine was just track forward and track back for the up and down, and ffwd and rwnd were the left and right keys, but in radio function i don't remember it scanning thru the preset stations i had, which i thought was odd, but i never really used them in any mode but the bluetooth music and/or Pandora etc. apps.

As far as the ipod issue you mentioned, I use mine with my iPhone SE (I don't like having a flat screen TV in my pocket haha) but i only use it via carplay, and i have had no issues whatsoever with that.

Tundra Fan likes this.
  5. Jul 14, 2018 at 11:09 PM
    Tundra Fan

Tundra Fan Paper Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Toby
    Nor Cal (Placer Co.)
    Vehicle:
    Definitely a few differences between 2nd and 3rd Gens. I didn't have car info or gauges at all with out the OBD plug.
    And I know mine scrolled thru radio presets with the stock HU.......that and the volume knob are the only thing I miss from my stock HU.

slide187 and B737 like this.
  6. Aug 10, 2018 at 6:36 AM
    BergerMD

BergerMD New Member

Member:

Does the radio stay on with the doors open or doors closed? The Tundra keeps power to the radio until a door has been opened.

As for the steering wheel controls, this is an easy fix from the radio head unit. If you go to the radio screen, at the top, in the middle you will see either Auto1, Auto2, or Manual. Changing this will change how the radio stations are searched. Manual will adjust incrementally so 102.5, 102.7, 102.9, Auto1 will tune to the next available radio frequency, and Auto2 will switch between programmed stations.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Hope this helps.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018

Products Discussed in

To Top