1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

It's time I bugged out of this town, it ain't safe no more. Where you heading?!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Ralphmesa, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Mar 29, 2020 at 12:21 PM
    Rbohno

Rbohno New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra CrewMax Limited
    Icon stage 5,method 18 x 9, BFG KO2s, Bushwacker flares, tinted windows,Havoc HST running boards,Weatherguard slimline box, DSR1, JL Audio 900/5 amp, two 10W0 subs in a box, hertz centro in the front and Hertz Uno in back doors
    Your Funny, that’s what we need is laughter.
    Next on list is:
    Winch bumper
    Exhaust
    TRD grill
    Lastly lockers with onboard air

waiting for the wife and the market to settle down. Truck only has 1200 miles on it and has
    Tint
    3/2 lift
    Rims/tires
    Weather guard tool box
    HST side bars

I am trying to get a group buy out together with a bumper company. I should know next week if Mark will pull the trigger and give us a Tundras.com code.

2. Mar 29, 2020 at 12:22 PM
    jewsNbrews

jewsNbrews SSEM #8 level 3, RGBA #5 lab tested lab approved

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Jewiston Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD PRO
    Bolt on
    :popcorn: which bumper...asking for a friend

GODZILLA likes this.
  3. Mar 29, 2020 at 12:24 PM
    neverstuck

neverstuck New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    03 Sequoia Ltd 4x4
    Bilstein 5100's, KC slimlights, twin bed frame install
    If I lived in an overpopulated area full of homelessness and travel industry-related infrastructure and the stuff that came with it, I would safely get to my rural property with all the supplies I needed. If you’re healthy and you self-isolate, there isn’t a problem. You should be able to enjoy your property without all the shaming. I get why the locals don’t like it, but if people stay in their homes (or their second homes) the virus won’t spread. it just depends on on whether you can get to your second property with what you need without being in close contact with people.

There’s a lot of grey area in this world. Going to your remote cabin isn’t selfish and stupid. Ignoring social distancing rules and not washing your hands is selfish and stupid.

Cpl_Punishment likes this.
  4. Mar 29, 2020 at 12:26 PM
    pvmike

pvmike Home Depot flexing

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    2014 Platinum Super White
    TRD Pro suspension, supercharger, 5.29 gears, Auburn LSD
    jewsNbrews likes this.
  5. Mar 29, 2020 at 12:27 PM
    jewsNbrews

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Jewiston Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD PRO
    Bolt on
    Its stupid and selfish for those in hotspots, who could be infected, to go to their second homes with no supplies and buy at that location. Thats potentially infecting people they interact with to get supplies for their second home. If you get supplies before leaving or already had supplies there then, and only then, it wouldnt be selfish.

6. Mar 29, 2020 at 12:35 PM
    TheBeast

TheBeast The Beach

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
  7. Mar 29, 2020 at 12:38 PM
    daveyjames207

daveyjames207 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5 DC 4x4 5.7 Off Road Nautical Blue Metallic
    I live in Maine, and in the last few days I have seen an incredible amount of out of state plates up here. Most from New York and Mass, but they are from all over. The locals are starting to get very upset. One family arrived from New York, and did not take the quarantine seriously. The next morning, a couple armed neighbors cut down a huge oak tree and fell it across their driveway. Forced quarantine, the local police said they’d remove it due to emergency issues, but it’s still there 3 days later.

8. Mar 29, 2020 at 12:40 PM
    jewsNbrews

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Jewiston Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD PRO
    Bolt on
    Dont blame them one bit. Shelter in place means stay where you are not an ok to leave to another home.

9. Mar 29, 2020 at 12:41 PM
    daveyjames207

daveyjames207 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle:
    The police didn’t seem too interested in resolving the issue either.

10. Mar 29, 2020 at 12:49 PM
    ezdog

ezdog New Member

Member:
    Gateway To The West
    Vehicle:
    2001 RCLB V8,4WD 2015 RCLB 5.7,4WD
    I knew I could count on Maine to work this out!

11. Mar 29, 2020 at 12:54 PM
    GODZILLA

GODZILLA Hail to the King, Baby.

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2023 Solar Octane TRD Pro TACOMA, 2022 Honda CB500X
    Trying not to mod it
    I laughed at the thought of it. Felt bad for the tree, but I laughed.

daveyjames207 likes this.
  12. Mar 29, 2020 at 12:59 PM
    SiberianTundra

SiberianTundra I heard Unicorns get horrible MPG

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    War Machine
    Camper shell, LED lighting VLEDs, Front Camera, Pro Comp wheels. Trd HID LED headlights. ESP storage rear seats.
    you just proved everyone’s point with your response. Be nice

13. Mar 29, 2020 at 1:14 PM
    Moon Puppy

Moon Puppy I'm not new!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra Limited
    How can they resolve it?
    Agree or disagree, this country still has a right to travel freely. Short of Martial Law nothing will stop it.

daveyjames207[QUOTED] likes this.
  14. Mar 29, 2020 at 1:22 PM
    daveyjames207

daveyjames207 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle:
    As far as I know it’s illegal to cut down a tree on someone else’s property, but these certainly are unique times.

jewsNbrews likes this.
  15. Mar 29, 2020 at 1:24 PM
    Moon Puppy

Moon Puppy I'm not new!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra Limited
    Sorry, pulled the knee jerk too quick, just scanning post. That'll teach me.

I guess it depends on who's tree it was. guess the out of state folks didn't pack a chain saw.

16. Mar 29, 2020 at 1:27 PM
    GODZILLA

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    Trying not to mod it
    All depends on the state, I imagine. Sound like police were called, so eventually a ticket/fine might come of it.

The people fleeing the hot spots disappoint me. It's not like you can outrun it, and if you're dumb enough to think you can, you're probably dumb enough to have already contracted it. You just risk spreading it. Take the proper precautions, wash like mad, and distance yourself, but stay where you are just in case you already have it. If my location is compromised I feel like it's my responsibility to stay in place so I don't put others at risk. Guess I'm an old soul, cuz these days nobody seems willing to be responsible.

17. Mar 29, 2020 at 1:38 PM
    daveyjames207

daveyjames207 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle:
    GODZILLA and jewsNbrews like this.
  18. Mar 29, 2020 at 2:00 PM
    neverstuck

neverstuck New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    03 Sequoia Ltd 4x4
    If you self isolate and aren’t sick it doesn’t matter where you are. You won’t get anyone sick and you won’t get sick yourself. If you get groceries then drive back home or get groceries and then drive 8 hours, it doesn’t make a difference. As long as you follow self isolation rules.

This is science. Not magic.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  19. Mar 29, 2020 at 2:13 PM
    GODZILLA

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    Trying not to mod it
    I think you miss his point. If you live in a hot spot (NYC) and choose to go to your cabin(In a non hot spot), that is fine, but take supplies with you. That way, if you happen to be a carrier, you don't risk infecting people in the new area because you don't have to go into the local grocery store.

20. Mar 29, 2020 at 2:23 PM
    neverstuck

neverstuck New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    03 Sequoia Ltd 4x4
    I agree with all of that. There are a lot of posts saying it’s immoral and selfish and stupid for people to go to their second homes. I’m just saying that people have the right to go to a property that they own, that they pay property taxes on every year that supports the local state/region IF YOU CONTINUE TO FOLLOW THE SOCIAL DISTANCING RULES and are smart enough to wash your hands.

If I lived in a city full of stupid people And owned a rural property where I could take my family I sure as hell would. Load up the truck because you don’t need to leave supplies in your city house, drive to your remote property and self isolate.

I was just surprised to hear such a “you don’t have the right to be alone on your own property” mindset from the States.

If you’re stupid and don’t follow the social distancing rules and wash your hands then you will get sick and you will make others sick.

If you’re responsible and follow the distancing/washing rules, there is a safe way to do it.

Don’t get mad at people who self-isolate properly in their rural property. Get mad at the people who get too close to you.

Moon Puppy likes this.
  21. Mar 29, 2020 at 8:51 PM
    Twise

Twise More punk than you...

Member:
    First Name:
    Trever
    Temecula, California
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra Cmax TRD Off-road
    Fox 2.5 /w DSC CO’s and Rear Shocks, Total Chaos UCA’s, 17” Rock Warriors /w 35 12.5 17 BFG AT KO2’s, Powerstop Rotors and Pads Front And Rear and The stereo is really nice.
    Sitting tight in Temecula. I own a Good sized home in a somewhat rural neighborhood. Only been making trips to the store for essentials. My wife is a teacher, so she’s been home for awhile. My 2 grandchildren 4 and 5 year old boys and my pregnant daughter (8.5mo) are here with us from Idaho. My son in law is deployed. Wife and daughter have been to hospital twice now thinking it was GO time.

We have been isolating the boys when they return from the hospital, but still terrifying.

My thought yesterday was how fortunate I am. Imagine not having any resources during all of this. Living in an apartment or worse, on the streets.

Really makes you grateful. Be safe, stay put. Better news is always on its way.

MS22, TaquitoBandito, nekkyj and 5 others like this.
  22. Mar 29, 2020 at 9:52 PM
    SiberianTundra

SiberianTundra I heard Unicorns get horrible MPG

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    War Machine
    Camper shell, LED lighting VLEDs, Front Camera, Pro Comp wheels. Trd HID LED headlights. ESP storage rear seats.
    I live in apartment and plenty of resources. What do you mean living in apartment ?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  23. Mar 30, 2020 at 7:52 AM
    NoRcptn

NoRcptn Better than mediocre poster

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2017 Platinum
    GFC, Dobinsons IMS, RW's 285/75/17

Yeah that's my issue with a lot of this. I completely understand distancing and quarantine, but now individuals are taking on the roll of the COVID police and the pendulum has swung all the way to the extreme.

There has to be common sense involved. My wife described it perfectly and stated, " People cannot operate in grey areas, they need black and white."
    We have people in our community walking into businesses on their own and yelling at them to shut down (think about that one). Calls to 911 complaining that there are children outside and people walking on sidewalks by their house. People complaining that a bicycle shouldn't be on the road.

I think the message and action of the "flatten the curve" has been morphed for a lot of people into something that they believe is completely different. There is a common perception, in my opinion, that if everybody just does what the government says that nobody will ever be exposed to the virus and they won't get it, it all goes away and we lift the quarantine. The reality is there will be exposures. There will be an uptick of transmission and infection again when the quarantine is lifted. We should all limit this the best we can and relieve pressure on our EMS system. But I think fear and panic are outweighing common sense. I'm not making light of this. It is a serious epidemic with serious consequences. But there are always the extremes and we will see a lot more of it.

24. Mar 30, 2020 at 8:00 AM
    GODZILLA

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    Trying not to mod it
    I agree with a lot of what you said. I have a slight disagreement with the black and white bit, though. Hilariously enough, Tommy Lee Jones in Men In Black had it right IMO. "A person is smart. PEOPLE are dumb panicky animals." We can operate in grey areas as individuals, but the herd mentality is strong, and panic is the way of the herd.

25. Mar 30, 2020 at 8:53 AM
    BravoDeltaRomeo

BravoDeltaRomeo Old Man Little Blue Finger

Member:
    First Name:
    Bruce
    MB Canada
    Vehicle:
    2019 Cavalry Blue Tundra CM
    One bad apple spoils the barrel.

Because of how infections this thing is and how serious it got quickly (see NY or Florida beaches), they can't allow people to make decisions for themselves. I saw in the news they are bringing in ships to help with hospital beds and setting up care centers in central park.

Crazy freaky times for sure. I get the whole USA 2nd amendment thing and you can't tell us what to so and we have the right (we are loosing rights up here too).....but at some point, those rights will be taken away if people can't handle a bit of discretion on their own. I hope it doesn't happen, but I fear it will and then all heck is going to break loose.

Cpl_Punishment likes this.
  26. Mar 30, 2020 at 9:09 AM
    JPritch

JPritch New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Vehicle:
    17 TSS Crewmax
    You f'ing nailed dude.

I hate how argumentative all this is making people. Ordinarily calm groups like this and some hiking forums I'm on have turned into constant bickering on what is the right approach. People on both sides think they have it all figured out and want to impose that on everyone else, and those that don't fall in line are "stupid". Fact is, none of us is as smart as we think we are, and even the experts are still trying to make sense of this. Do what you feel is right and safe, both for yourself, your family, and the greater good.

27. Mar 30, 2020 at 9:14 AM
    NoRcptn

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2017 Platinum
    Funny as it is, I can agree with TLJ. I guess I should clarify the conversation of B&W. I think people (en masse) operate better within strict guidelines and have trouble with deductive reasoning. A group tend to follow well within stringent rules and regulations like the military, for example. It's a lot easier to have a set of strict requirements or regulations than leaving it up to common sense. Which is kind of where the government is turning and I can see it even being more tightened up in the near future. Why?...Because there is another section of people that believe the rules don't apply to them and will push the envelope. Somewhere along the lines you(i.e. gov't) have to protect people from themselves..at least that's the theory.

In the middle is a portion of people that CAN operate and use common sense but they get caught up in the whole thing.

For example , I'm on the front lines. I take every precaution I can. I severely limit our families interaction and I haven't seen my mother in law for 6 weeks ;)( although she lives 1/2mile away). Now on my days off, I may hike to a nearby river and go fly fishing or I might go on a bike ride or run to get some exercise. I rarely see anyone even closer than 1,000' of me. Yet,CA State Parks is moving to shut it all down because people can't disperse from normal routine and see it all as a vacation. Combine that with the self-appointed policing and you have a perfect recipe to create this storm. There are extremes on both sides. People who take it too lightly and people who sit in their house looking out the window and calling the police if they see someone.

I've heard several times stay home and stay inside to limit injury and the potential of needing medical resources. I cannot tell you how many trauma's and injuries I go on from residential accidents such as table saws, power equipment, stairs, falls, burns. It's rarely from outdoor activities...FWIW. I can only imagine how many bored Dad's like me are getting hurt. :facepalm:

Anyway... Stay safe. Use common sense. Don't get hurt. Limit your exposure. Save some TP and Bacon for the rest of us. Keep your family safe. Buy from vendors online and have a safe mod day at home.
    Use jack stands. Drink beer after garage time. Play a board game. Read a book. Enjoy a sunrise and a sunset. Learn to sew. Take a family picture. Finally finish those baseboards. Clean your windows. Clean out your house. Get that idea off the ground. Build a shoe rack for your wife. Change your smoke detector batteries. Re-paint that room. Back up all your photo's from your phone and computer. Build that vegetable garden. Weed your veggie garden. Have a nerf war. Give your wife a massage. Make your kids a huge breakfast for dinner. Take down your xmas lights. Re-do your household budget. Do some push-ups. :thumbsup:

Bprose, RangerBP, MS22 and 7 others like this.
  28. Mar 30, 2020 at 9:17 AM
    KERNEL_DALE

KERNEL_DALE New Member

Member:
    Norcal
    Vehicle:
    19’TRD-PRO
  29. Mar 30, 2020 at 9:19 AM
    GODZILLA

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    Trying not to mod it
    Is that one of those tools for putting a tube down somebody's throat so they can breathe? (How the hell do you spell it? Asking all our medical professionals.)

KERNEL_DALE[QUOTED] likes this.
  30. Mar 30, 2020 at 9:20 AM
    NoRcptn

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2017 Platinum
    Yeah that would suck.

KERNEL_DALE[QUOTED] likes this.

Products Discussed in