1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Issues with Hypertech Speedo Calibrator and Platinum

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by renlo, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Jul 18, 2017 at 11:38 AM
    renlo

renlo [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rene
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra Platinum
    Bilstein 5100 top setting Coachbuilder .25" Shim SPC UCAs Bilstein 5100 Rear
    Has anyone had any issues with the install of the Speedo Calibrator on Platinum's? I remember reading somewhere that a few people were having dash lights come on when installed.

2. Jul 18, 2017 at 3:33 PM
    Cuzican

Cuzican New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2017 Black Platinum Crewmax Tundra
    8" Lift, 22x10 Fuel Forged FF19, 37x13.50r22 Trail Grapplers, Amp Research steps, Spyder black smoked headlights with 35w HID's, all interior lights LED, Undercover tonneau.
    This is a quote from someone else that had the same problem. I can't personally speak for it, but I did stumble on it when I was looking at info on the speedo calibrator.

"When I would first start the truck I would get traction control and abs lights on and the center display would say trailer brake controller error. If i shut the truck off and back on it would disappear. I called up Hypertech support (they were fantastic btw) and they informed me that with the Platinum the boot up sequence is different then the other trucks. Their solution was an updated cable/harness. They sent me the new cable free of charge and I got it in 2 days. Reinstalled the cable and all is well now. There is a noticeable difference in transmission shifting and it feels much more natural (no hunting for the right gear as it did before). Anyway just thought I would share incase anyone else came across this issue. Attached are pics of the old and new cable. New cable is 038 Rev A."

Products Discussed in

To Top