1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Is there a center lock in the Tundras?

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Builds (2014-2021)' started by azTony, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Mar 1, 2020 at 7:45 AM
    azTony

azTony [OP] member since sept, 2017 and over 1,600 messages

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Sun Lakes, AZ
    Vehicle:
    *** OV Tune Order #4481 *** ECU 0CN21 ***
    2018 Tundra Platinum with Icon Stage 9 w/3.0 and billet UCA, Harrop Elockers, 5.29 on 37’s
    I am wondering about a center diff lock capability on a Tundra. I had my LandCruiser that had lockers in front and rear and the center. The center diff lock would lock the front diff and the rear diff. I have not found any mention of this as an option for the Tundra.

There was many a time that I did not need to lock the front or rear but when I came to something that caused a wheel spin you simply tap the center diff button and it would lock the front to the rear and problem solved.

2. Mar 1, 2020 at 7:55 AM
    JohnLakeman

JohnLakeman Burning Internet Daylight

Member:
    Outside of Weird, TX
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM DC TSS 4.6L
    TRD Pro grille, 2018 LED Headlights, Undercover Flex bed cover, Neoprene seat covers, Bed/tailgate mats, Power tailgate lock, auto headlights, illuminated key switch
    Center diff? Tundra has 4WD transfer case mounted to the transmission. When the knob is turned to 4WD, the transfer case is engaged and power is sent to the front wheels. The rear differential is not a locker...Toyota uses "LSD" which simulates limited slip differential with braking.

3. Mar 1, 2020 at 8:06 AM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    Magnuson Magnum TVS 2650 S/C Sniv's Speed Shop 70mm pulley RCF Throttle Body TRD PRO BBS Wheels TRD Front Sway Bar TRD Rear Sway Bar Fox TRD Pro Shocks Limited mirrors (auto darkening/backup camera/power fold/puddle lights) Limited Grill Mod Automatic Climate Controls Mod Automatic Headlamp Mod Sequoia Transfer Case Mod Sequoia Leather Steering Wheel Mod Sequoia Limited Gage Cluster Mod Sequoia LED Headlamp Upgrade Window Tint 15/70% Fake Manual Transmission Mod 10" BAMufflers Stainless Catback Valhalla Catalytic Converter Shields Engine Block Heater Illuminated Ignition Key Ring Mod Deck Rail System w/cleats Solid Offroad Engine Mounts
    azTony[OP] and Black Wolf like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top