1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

iPhone Interface

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by cmp1960, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Jan 24, 2017 at 3:21 PM
    cmp1960

cmp1960 [OP] New Member

Member:
    My Tundra is slated to be ready around 10-Feb. that date is approaching slower and slower. lol.

In anticipation was curious how much or little does the 2017 platinum interface with IPhone. I know it doesn't have CarPlay. But anything close? Thanks

2. Mar 1, 2017 at 8:46 AM
    CKNPRO

CKNPRO New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra CM Limited
    Not worth half a crap.
    Sorry - maybe a little more that half a crap, but not much. Here's what I have seen in my '17, less than 1000 miles.

The phone will work fine for voice calling either way. Entune downloads call history, contacts, etc, just fine.

The music player will work either bluetooth or plugged into USB port. Apple radio is sketchy through Entune. You can't access it at all through the truck HU, you have to initiate it through the phone - most of the time this works.

The "siri eyes" functionality is acceptable - one touch access to siri through the steering wheel control button.

The messaging sucks. Period. It doesnt work with any predictability or consistency. It seems like the bottom line is Toyota hasn't paid Apple enough blood money for them to make the phone completely usable. Folks with Android phones report few if any problems. EVERY person I've heard from has had at least some issues with iPhone. In fact, Apple products cause various issues with other vehicle manufacturers multi-media units as well. I had a 2014 F150 with premium OEM SONY system. Messaging did not work as you would want in it either - but it worked better than it does in my Tundra! It did not at first, Ford had an update that allowed it to read incoming messages. You still couldn't send voice activated text messages except through Siri. ALL of this functionality worked with Android using the Ford trucks OEM system.

Bottom line - Apple is rather mafia-istic about their system. Don't get me started on iTunes.... It is a shame. They do have probably the best smart phone platform going - for now. Android is fast catching up and if you consider the "openness" of Android platform, they maybe have passed them. If my employer didn't supply my iPhone, support and pay for the service, I'd have a Samsung tomorrow.

TheBeast likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top