1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Injector cleaning from the dealer?

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by Bassmonkey67, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Jan 20, 2018 at 7:14 AM
    Black Wolf

Black Wolf Bigfoot Hunter, Sasquatch too, but not Yeti

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    2022 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    TuwaPro rack, Z1 Offroad stuff, NISMO suspension stuff, FlowmasterFX Extreme exhaust, AIS, OVS, J&L can, other goodies on the way
    I only use pure gas now. Got it for $2.47 per gallon with my discount yesterday.

2. Jan 20, 2018 at 7:29 AM
    alpinepro4

alpinepro4 What is your MPG Today!

Member:
    First Name:
    Pat
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Pro Cement DC
    Baja Designs Squadron Sport Fog lights, ARE CX Series Topper, Alcan Springs , DAP Tune, Coach Builder +1 Shackles, Headlight Revolution Supernova V.4 LED bulbs, HR LED interior bulbs. General Grabber ATX 275/70/R18
    Think it's $2.90 a gallon for regular. They like to stick it to us in Jackson. Still worth it every once and awhile.

Bassmonkey67[OP] likes this.
  3. Jan 21, 2018 at 8:16 AM
    Wrongside

Wrongside New Member

Member:
    AB
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra
    LOL. That's embarrassing. As a self-employed small business owner, I'm all for free enterprise, but I'd not be able to sleep at night if my business was dependent on pulling BS like that.

NewImprovedRon likes this.
  4. Jan 21, 2018 at 8:42 AM
    midnight

midnight IXLR8

Member:
    First Name:
    Todd
    GPT MS
    Vehicle:
    2018 MGM TRD Sport 4X4
    TRD Dual exhaust TRD cold air intake LED interior/exterior lighting TRD PRO Skid plate Driver side grab handle TRD Pro Shocks (BILSTIENS) Alea Custom Leather Seats JL Audio System by JRT Tundra Door Sill protectors Color matched door handles
    I had a 2006 Toyota Sienna and had well over a 100k on it. One day at Toyota they wanted to do a throttle body cleaning and such and I said ok. No sure what I was charged, I am sure it was over 100$ but not over 200$ for sure. I jumped in the car and drove the family to Disney, 800 miles and the van drove like brand new. I had not realized that it needed it. It took four hours of driving DHS van for the computer for re calibration. Idled way better and response was tremendously better. I had no issues. Just my story.

5. Jan 21, 2018 at 9:35 AM
    Adam

Adam New Member

Member:
    I also put it in my gas cans whenever I fill them up for the mower or snowblower. Doesn’t take too much, I throw the lid back on and put it on the shelf for the next fill up. Never had anything gum up on me since I started doing that.

6. Jan 21, 2018 at 9:43 AM
    Adam

Adam New Member

Member:
    Throttle bodies and MAF can get dirty over time. Only about 10 bucks for the spray plus your time. Usually they are fairly simple. If you can find a YouTube vid on doing it, and it is something that is at your skill level, cheaper to do yourself. But if time or skill is lacking, that is why the dealers do service.

Bassmonkey67[OP] likes this.
  7. Feb 9, 2018 at 4:20 PM
    Medging

Medging New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle:
    2016 silver sky metallic platinum
    18inch fuel wheel, nfab step bars
    Ok I’m from Indiana. I talked to our local fuel guy. He works for country mark which is popular around indiana. Regular 87 gas contains 10% ethanol. If it’s higher then 15% it is supposed to be posted. I’m assuming all states follow that rule. But not 100%

8. Feb 9, 2018 at 6:59 PM
    GAknight

GAknight New Member

Member:
    Shade of a Pine, GA
    Vehicle:
    '14 TSS 4x4
    Too many…scratch that…not done yet.
    This^^^^^
    I'll just add this is SUPER easy to do, and takes less than 5 mins. Best part.....it will do wonders to your MPGs the days following! Just last month after doing this, I maintained approx. 14 - 15 MPG...I'm on 35's w/ a 3" lift.
    Every oil change or after a lot of off-roading, I clean the air filter (S&B, CAI). While I have everything apart, I unscrew the two clamps holding the intake tube on to the throttle body.
    Take a can of CRC Mass air flow (MAF) sensor cleaner and spray down the MAF. ***Always...Spray in the direction of airflow*** 2-3 bursts of 5-sec sprays does the job.

To the original topic;
    Following oil changes, I run Lucas Oil - Upper Cylinder Lubricant/Fuel treatment (32 oz. bottle). You only need to add 3 oz. per 10 gal. I will typically use it for (3) fill-ups following the oil change.
    I also use Lucas Oil Synthetic Oil stabilizer, replacing one quart oil. Meaning (1) qt. SOS, 7 qts. Mobil 1.
    'Runs like beast!

Grumpy Uncle likes this.
  9. Jan 13, 2024 at 4:25 PM
    GingerGremlin84

GingerGremlin84 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 Black TRD PRO
    Took my ‘21 Tundra in for an oil change, and I’m glad I remembered reading this awhile back. Truck has 33k miles, and is running great.

Dealership wanted $211.71 for fuel induction service.

koditten likes this.
  10. Jan 13, 2024 at 4:58 PM
    koditten

koditten New Member

Member:
    Old thread, true.

Just to recap, there is a big difference in throttle body cleaning vs injector cleaning.

Throttle body cleaning will make a difference right away. You need to take the intake/air filter apart.

if you are up sold on injector cleaning, I'd take a pass. All they gonna do is pour an $8 dollar bottle of sea foam/acetone into your tank.

11. Jan 13, 2024 at 7:34 PM
    Orions Dad

Orions Dad New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tundra 4.7L
    IME BG 44K is the best fuel injector clean can be found on Amazon, EBay or select dealerships

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top