1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Info needed! 3 inch front spacer with firestone ride rite rear bags

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by TundraBilly, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Oct 2, 2018 at 7:21 PM
    TundraBilly

TundraBilly [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 Toyota Tundra TRD Sport
    Wireless charging center armrest mod 2 3/4 Rough Country front level kit Firestone Ride Rite rear airbags 33x12.50.20 Nitto Ridge Grappler tires Debadge IFORCE emblems 20% window tint Blue led interior and ambient footwell lights
    I have a 2019 that I want to put a 3inch level and the front and firestone ride rite airbags in the rear. Do I still need a 1 inch block in the rear?

2. Oct 2, 2018 at 7:27 PM
    Pudge

Pudge Super Secret Elite Member #7

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2015 Blue Ribbon Platinum
    TRD PRO grille, OCD consol organizers, DIY wireless phone charger, 33" Michelin Defender LTX MS, Bak revolver X2 tonneau, weathertech liners, 20% tints. DIY pop n lock, 2018 LED headlights, morimoto fogs, TRD shift knob, DirtyDeeds 8"BAM exhaust, kenwood HU,JL amp, Tech12volts Tundra full speaker upgrade w/sub, Swing case, and lots of fluid film
    If you plan to run the bags as a way to add lift to the rear I wouldn't do it. Once you add air and don't have extra weight in the bed, it rides rough.

3. Oct 2, 2018 at 7:38 PM
    TundraBilly

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Wireless charging center armrest mod 2 3/4 Rough Country front level kit Firestone Ride Rite rear airbags 33x12.50.20 Nitto Ridge Grappler tires Debadge IFORCE emblems 20% window tint Blue led interior and ambient footwell lights
    The bags will have to hold at least 5psi at all times, wouldn’t the 5psi add about an inch lift? Adding the bags for when I pull my camper trailer.

4. Oct 2, 2018 at 7:42 PM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    TRD PRO grille, OCD consol organizers, DIY wireless phone charger, 33" Michelin Defender LTX MS, Bak revolver X2 tonneau, weathertech liners, 20% tints. DIY pop n lock, 2018 LED headlights, morimoto fogs, TRD shift knob, DirtyDeeds 8"BAM exhaust, kenwood HU,JL amp, Tech12volts Tundra full speaker upgrade w/sub, Swing case, and lots of fluid film
    Not sure on the tundra. At 5psi in the bags on my Tacoma it did not add lift that I can recall. 10psi would add a decent amount but it rode rough without weight. I think you'd be best off lifting with shackles or a small block.
    Then use the bags when towing or hauling, and don't forget to add some daystar air bag cradles to ensure you still have some articulation back there.

5. Oct 2, 2018 at 7:53 PM
    TundraBilly

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Thanks! I drop it off Thursday, maybe I’ll just tell them to do a 2.5 on the front. I want it to set level and if the bags aren’t gonna add anything to the rear without being aired up..I definitely don’t want it nose high

Pudge likes this.
  6. Oct 2, 2018 at 7:59 PM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    I can't stand nose high trucks. If you do 2-2.5 inches up front and nothing in the back you'll be just about level, and with the bags you'll never have to worry about being nose high. This was the setup I had on my Tacoma. 1.6" in front and bags in the back, was pretty much level and if I had a lot in the bed I just aired up the bags. I used a bike tire pump to add air and it was great, 10-20 pumps each bag would get me to 10psi. Never saw a need for a compressor at all.
    Don't "T" the bags together, you don't want the air to be able to shift if your load shifts.

TundraBilly[OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top