1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

infamous truck rumble near 45mph/1800 Rpm

Discussion in '1st Gen Tundras (2000-2006)' started by black1234, Feb 15, 2020.

?

transmission-exhaust

1. trans

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. exhaust

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Feb 15, 2020 at 1:12 PM
    black1234

black1234 [OP] New Member

Member:
    just bought a 2000 4.7 l v8 with 140k - rumbles at 45mph and i have seen info on other forums but this seems to be the best one so im here asking for help.

things i have seen so far is:
    trans issues-probably, i have a code showing i need a linear solenoid for the line pressure control circuit p1760
    as well in overdrive it seems to run better then out of over drive-opposite of what someone else had posted
    front end work - pretty darn sure its not that but im not an expert either
    coils- CEL showed the 3 and 5 with a random. cleared the codes, switched the 5 and 2 and 1 and 3. drove it and the CEL threw out the #2 misfire, so i replaced it and all of the plugs with NGK iridiums for good measure, alas it still rumbles.
    exhaust- in rough shape, replaced muffler back- resonator and cat are acceptable-some pine holes in between those-but the exhaust manifolds dont look good- im now throwing two 02 sensor codes- obviously i got some work to do there but because it doesnt rumble at any other time im sorta thinking its not that, but again no expert.

2. Feb 16, 2020 at 5:51 AM
    black1234

black1234 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Torque Converter! after a couple cold hours outside and trouble shooting. i stumbled upon the torque converter, wasnt 100% it was the problem, i went out and bought the highly talked about jerry homeowner shudder fix in a bottle and it went away. its a temporary fix im sure, got a great transmission shop by me thank god. looks like she will end up in there at some point.

Products Discussed in

To Top