1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Idle up switch

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by HaydenF, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Feb 17, 2020 at 7:13 PM
    HaydenF

HaydenF [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hayden
    Vehicle:
    2016 Limited Tundra Crewmax
    3.5 Zone Lift, 35x12.5x18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, 18x9 Fuel hostage 3 Grey
    I have been reading past threads about adding a idle up switch to our tundras. I was winching some large 30-50ft trees out of a ditch for firewood and my battery couldn’t keep up without cutting power to interior devices. (Yes my battery needs to be replaced. It’s still the factory OEM) increasing the RPMs to 1k was my work around for about 4 hours worth of tree removal. Since then I have ordered a Northstar 27F AGM battery that should be arriving this weekend. I know this will solve my issues, but having a dedicated switch would still be nice. Any ideas on how to do this? I saw a thread that someone put a 10k resistor in-line with the thermostat causing the truck to idle higher..

NewImprovedRon likes this.
  2. Feb 17, 2020 at 7:21 PM
    14burrito

14burrito IG @14burrito

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 CM 4x4 5.7
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  3. Feb 18, 2020 at 4:32 AM
    azTony

azTony member since sept, 2017 and over 1,600 messages

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Sun Lakes, AZ
    Vehicle:
    *** OV Tune Order #4481 *** ECU 0CN21 ***
    2018 Tundra Platinum with Icon Stage 9 w/3.0 and billet UCA, Harrop Elockers, 5.29 on 37’s
    I had a manual throttle lock for the accelerator pedal that I used during airing up the tires to keep the air compressor happy at all times and I miss that with that Tundra. I can sit inside and watch the sensors on the dash while the air up/down system is working and I can push the accelerator but not the same.

This would be a great mod for the Tundra

4. Feb 18, 2020 at 4:48 AM
    Luckydog

Luckydog New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dominic
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 DC TRD Offroad.
    Ranch Hand Summit front and rear bumpers. Diamondback SE tonneau cover. Rigid DOT fogs. LED headlight/fog replacement bulbs. Matt Gecko hood, and bed LED's. Foot well led's, and interior LED buld replacement. (warm) Broke the front shock of the 3" spacer lift, so replaced with 6112/5160 and 1' block rear. KO 2's. Speaker replacement, added amp and (2) 10's under seat. Weathertech floor mats. Salex organizers. Ziebart undercoating. RCI front, transmission/diff, and gas tank skids received, waiting for spring install. Compustar remote starter. front/rear dash cam.
    I used a Chevy diode to increase voltage for my northstar 27f. $3.00 mod I found on this forum.

Products Discussed in

To Top