1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Identity theft via UI benefits

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Djone27, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Apr 7, 2021 at 7:04 PM
    Djone27

Djone27 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM Crewmax TSS 4x4
    HID Headlights, full LEDs, TRD front and rear sway bars, CB +2s, Eibach Stage 2s, SABM w/ pro intake tube
    Anyone ever deal with someone filing for unemployment using your name? Got a letter alerting me to my UI benefits and application. Has my name and last 4 of my SSN. Going to call about it when they open up in the morning. Just trying to find out what else I may need to do. Checked Experian and Credit Karma already for new account being opened. Hope this is isolated to UI only.

2. Apr 7, 2021 at 7:15 PM
    French Avocado

French Avocado Double Entundra

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Utah / Wyo
    Vehicle:
    2020 Platinum MGM; 2008 Ltd TRD SRP
    I would be very proactive in locking down your credit at the three majors - Trans, Experian and Equifax. You can always unlock it later if needed. Might be free in your state - tell them you are subject of a credit breach.

3. Apr 7, 2021 at 7:45 PM
    Djone27

Djone27 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM Crewmax TSS 4x4
    HID Headlights, full LEDs, TRD front and rear sway bars, CB +2s, Eibach Stage 2s, SABM w/ pro intake tube
    Thanks for the tip. Froze Transunion and Equifax. Experian's site is down so can't lock it yet.

4. Apr 7, 2021 at 7:46 PM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon approved Staff Member

Member:
    I use LifeLock. Helps prevent fucks like this from using my info
    U can also freeze ur credit with it so it can’t be ran

Djone27[OP] likes this.
  5. Apr 7, 2021 at 8:10 PM
    AircareTundra

AircareTundra New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    It seems to be a common thing now. In MD......a bunch of state employees and or various county teachers had the same thing happen to them.

Was told to contact the big three credit folks and put a freeze on my credit so no one could open accounts in your name. Seems to be isolated to this UI scheme. So far nothing else being reported by those who have had fake UI claims filed by these losers. Seems to come back to fake phone numbers and or fake addresses. Some suggesting it is by overseas criminals. On the fence about steering folks to use the life lock stuff.

Good luck!

Djone27[OP] likes this.
  6. Apr 9, 2021 at 12:45 PM
    The Patriot 1776

The Patriot 1776 Asskick Fabrication: Shit Is Sick!

Member:
    Great State Of TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    '16 TSS CM 4x4
    Me and 2 other guys in my dept got hit with this in the last couple weeks. City wide it’s in the dozens where I work. It’s out of fucking control right now! Gubmit estimates they’ll pay out $200 BILLION in fraud this year due to cv-19. So many are getting laid off that these people are hoping more just slip thru the crack. Do a credit freeze with all 3 credit reporting bureaus.

AircareTundra likes this.
  7. Apr 9, 2021 at 12:54 PM
    COElkHunter

COElkHunter New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2012 Silver Tundra TRD limited Crewmax 4x4
    3" OME lift w/ UCAs. ARE overland shell w/ ARE roof rack. 34" Falken Wildpeaks. ARB awning. Road shower. Wilco Offroad Hitchgate Solo High Clearance. LED lighting upgrades. Lockerdown console safe. Weathertech floormats. Duluth deluxe rear seat cover to go under the offroad approved car seats.... :P
    This happened to me and a bunch of people at my company. File fraud reports and issue a credit lock with all 3 bureaus. Contact the Unemployment division locally so they can deny the claims, in CO they will pay out the claims if there is no fraud report, so this is an important step. File a police report.

8. Apr 9, 2021 at 12:55 PM
    Djone27

Djone27 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM Crewmax TSS 4x4
    My neighbor got hit a month or so as well.

The lady I spoke with at TWC (not the fraud dept; they have called back yet). Said the vast majority of their calls are for fraud reporting.

9. Apr 9, 2021 at 2:42 PM
    mt95

mt95 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra Crewmax-White
    My wife got hit with it back in December. Even got a debit card from UI. Spent hours on phone trying to inform them of what happened. Even got sent a W-2 for tax filing purposes on it. Eventually got a corrected zero balance W-2 form. It i maddening. Our state (Ohio) got swamped with fraudulent UI claims. Took them some time to figure it all out. You can't be safe enough by not giving out your information these days. Crooks everywhere on computers!!

Products Discussed in

To Top