1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I hope Toyota Extends the Tundra rebates- dealers on lock down

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by Spotshooter, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Mar 28, 2020 at 6:20 AM
    phi482

phi482 New Member

Member:
    KY
    Vehicle:
    2020 Cement Limited TRD Off-road
    I really can’t remember. I think I ended up there through TrueCar.

2. Mar 28, 2020 at 7:28 AM
    GODZILLA

GODZILLA Hail to the King, Baby.

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2023 Solar Octane TRD Pro TACOMA, 2022 Honda CB500X
    Trying not to mod it
    Best tips I can give anybody shopping for a vehicle:

1 - Don't settle. For the price of a new vehicle, make damn sure you are getting all the things you want that you can't add later, whether that's a specific color or a tech feature. Buy what you want the first time, or you will wind up buying twice.

2 - NEVER tell them what you will spend per month. They can get just about anything you want down to your monthly budget, but if it's a low amount you will pay high interest and long term. If you can't afford the payment on a 60 or at most 72 month term, then you can't afford the vehicle right now. Save up and try again later.
    2A - Bring your own financing if you can. That way you can take their rebates and get a nice interest rate too.

3 - Don't get hung up on the price breakdown. Who cares if they call it a fee, or a feature, or anything else? Pick the vehicle you want, pick your absolute top end out the door price and don't go over it. Be willing to walk away. You can save a lot of time and headache for you and the dealer if you just go in and say "I want X vehicle at X price out the door." You can start a bit lower than your max, and take any offers that suit you, but don't let them talk you into something you can't afford.

4 - If you don't like the salesmen you are working with, go to the sales manager and tell him you want to deal with somebody else. Same goes for finance guys, and you can tell the finance guys that if they try to upsell you on anything that you will request a different finance person or even walk out.

5 - Be nice, upfront, and firm through all of this. They are people, they have a job to do, and most people in sales hate the work.

These are what I did, and we (the dealer and I) both wound up happy. Told them I didn't care what fees were in it, if they over/undervalued the truck or my trade as long as my out the door price was what I wanted they could type it up however they wanted. Told the Finance guy that I wasn't going to add anything to my loan total, because paying interest on accessories/warranties/taxes/etc. is foolish.

phi482 and TomyTun like this.
  3. Mar 30, 2020 at 6:52 AM
    Spotshooter

Spotshooter [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Kansas City
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM Limited DC TRD
    Ride-rite, cover kings, TRD skid plate, TRD sways, power tow mirrors, ... TBD
    Hey guys

I ordered my truck, the dealer has a good discount going, and Frankly they are a Great dealer and they are hurting, and I have enough to buy a new truck so I ordered it.

All in all we’re in this together - I’m hoping Toyota extends the promotions, but all you can do is what’s in your power. Not that it’s going to make a dent, but they seemed pretty happy I ordered my truck during the crisis.

So - Limited Double Cab 4x4, off road, premium limited package, bed spray liner, ... should be here by the End of May - May 15 delivery est.

Huckwheat likes this.
  4. Mar 30, 2020 at 6:53 AM
    GODZILLA

GODZILLA Hail to the King, Baby.

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2023 Solar Octane TRD Pro TACOMA, 2022 Honda CB500X
    Trying not to mod it
    Congrats on the truck!