1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I come from a long blood/oil line of Tundras.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Shadowfax, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Dec 29, 2015 at 8:05 PM
    Shadowfax

Shadowfax [OP] Shadowfax: The Lord of All Horses.

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    2014 White Toyota Tundra Platinum 4x4
    Exterior: 4 Inch Fabtech Suspension Lift w/ 1 1/2 blocks in rear Nitto 285/65/20 Terra Grappler G2s Custom Dual Exhaust Fender Flares Chrome Side Steps Bakflip Bed Cover Pinstripe (going to redo) Chrome Tailgate Tundra Letter Inserts Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover Interior TRD Shift Knob Center Console Organizer V1 Mirror Mount w/ Mirror Power Tap Future Hypertech Speedometer and Odometer Correction Chrome Moto Metal Wheels Redo pinstripe Paint Brake Calipers Possibly an ARE bed cover with bedrug
    Hello All,

I'm glad to be a part of this online family of Tundra owners but no time for introductions, lets get to it. A little bit abt myself. I've never owned anything but a Tundra. I currently own a White 2014 Platinum 4x4, nicknamed Shadowfax (Lord of all Horses.... Corny LOTR Ref. but I like it so backoff lol)which I was proud to buy brand new summer before last. It is my fourth Tundra and the first that wasn't a hand me down from my awesome Dad who always understood the relationship between a man and his truck. I'll start at the beginning of the Blood/Oil line.

1. Shadowfax #1
    Tundra 1-1.jpg
    Tundra 1-2.jpg
    He was my 16th B-Day present and the truck I learned to drive in. I had to scan these photos in so it was def long enough ago. LOL Fully loaded as a 2001 Limited 4x4 could of been with gray leather interior, leveling kit, 33's, and a good sounding flowmaster dual exhaust. I was in high school so i was worried about the sound system way to much. I had a pretty cool JL stealthbox with a 10-W3 under the center console which I couldn't find the pics of. So I've basically loved Tundras since day 1.

Shadowfax#2

#1 saved my life when I pulled out onto a highway super early one morning and some old guy going 60, with no headlights on, smashed into me right behind my drivers door. I walked away without a scratch. RIP #1. So #2 wasn't as cool as #1. It was a 2003 Limited with Tan Leather. It wasn't 4WD so no point of lifting it. I just put some nice 18's, Dual exhaust, an ARE bed cover, and a Bed Rug. The bed rug was nice for my senior year and camping out with the Ladies I must admit. I obviously had started partying at that point bc this is the only pic I could find. The subs were a buddies we were just messin around with.
    Tundra 2-1.jpg #2 Lasted until some dumb chick in a Ranger ran a stop sign in a college parking lot forcing me to smash into her, which actually led to her doing doing 1/2 of a barrel roll onto a parked pontiac...... Keep in mind I was only doing 25mph, it was more funny than anything but somehow that totaled #2 Yeah its as ridiculous as it sounds.

#3 The Phantom

It wasn't white so it couldnt be a Shadowfax, but it was Phantom Gray, had gray leather with the gray wood grain, and was stepside which I loved abt it. It was the last hand me down and this one is the only one that hadn't been unlucky and lasted til 200,000 miles. Did nothing special to this one except 20's and an ARE bed cover which looked awesome on the stepside bodystyle, didn't really have the money to do anything else being a broke college student. Only pics I could find were the ones I took right before I traded it in for the present one. It looked nicer when it was clean. lol
    Tundra 3-1.jpg
    Tundra 3-2.jpg

#4 Shadowfax

I Took this pic the day I bought him. I've done alot to it since so I'll make this one it's own thread in the 4th gen posts.
    Tundra 4-1.jpg

TBC
    I ALSO JUST TRIED PREVIEWING THIS AND THE PICS DIDN'T SHOW UP. I'M THINKING THEY NEED TO BE APPROVED FIRST SO IF NOT, I'LL REPOST IF SOMEONE WANTS TO POST WHAT I'M DOING WRONG. THNX

TNTundra08, Bob and T-Rex266 like this.
  2. Dec 29, 2015 at 8:08 PM
    TruckLife900

TruckLife900 I'd rather B hunting

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 White SR5
    :thumbsup: Welcome, pics came thru fine.

3. Dec 29, 2015 at 8:16 PM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon approved Staff Member

Member:
    Welcome and great color choice!

4. Dec 30, 2015 at 5:26 AM
    Black Wolf

Black Wolf Bigfoot Hunter, Sasquatch too, but not Yeti

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    2022 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    TuwaPro rack, Z1 Offroad stuff, NISMO suspension stuff, FlowmasterFX Extreme exhaust, AIS, OVS, J&L can, other goodies on the way
    Welcome from CO. All are very nice trucks.

5. Dec 30, 2015 at 7:03 AM
    rons23

rons23 Get The Led Out!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Kill Devil Hills
    Vehicle:
    2008 Nautical Blue TRD
    Sabm (Gtek-Fab), Blake Carbon Diamond Plate door sil protecters, and Air Dam mod, Black Rivited Grill, Devil Horns- Black Anodized(Diaz Fabrication), Hid's in Low Beams and Fogs -6000k, Piaa Extreme for High Beams. Black Rhino Step Tubes, Razir Led interior Lights (white), Low Profile Black Diamond Plate Tool Box, Trd accesories, Weather Tech Mats, Carbon Fiber Shorty Antenna, Drl's, Plasta Dipped Badges + Front Grill Surround
    Welcome from Obx

6. Dec 30, 2015 at 3:56 PM
    csuviper

csuviper Moderator Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Broomfield, CO
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Sport CM 5.7L 4X4
    Some Mods :) See build thread for details
    Welcome. Thanks for the truck history. Tundras are great trucks.

Products Discussed in

To Top