1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hypertech Speedo Calibrator

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by crishard, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Sep 3, 2017 at 1:59 PM
    crishard

crishard [OP] Occasional Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cris
    Vehicle:
    2014 Barcelona Red CM
    3" level in front, ICI Bumper & Skid, 12k lb winch, UCAs, Radtech 2.5s, Kenda 35s, Dual Batteries, 3500w inverter
    I installed the HTSC when I installed the larger tires in November 2016. I got in my truck to drive to work one morning in January 2017 & the dash lights didn't come on, no speedo, no cruise control & several warning lights associated with the truck's computer not being able to receive info from the wheels. The doors didn't lock when moving either.20170726_061730.jpg
    Since then it happened randomly a few times. Recently it happens almost daily. I did figure out that once the vehicle warms up, by ambient temps or by heat/defrost, the warning lights go off, the dash lights come on & the doors lock.
    After talking to CM-LENNY about it I realized that the wires seemed to be very susceptible to contraction & expansion. He said that he had to cut a zip tie that was on the HT loom & it helped him no longer have problems. It tried it but my loom still seems to have a short. I pushed & pulled on every wire connection to try to replicate to problem but couldn't get it to happen every time. There did seem to be a short with the butt connectors in the loom but again I couldn't get the codes to pop every time that I flexed them or pulled on them. Because I couldn't reliably fix the wiring issue I pulled the HT speedo calibrator out & returned the speedo to factory configuration.
    Thanks to CM-LENNY for helping me sort this out & sorry for jacking the last couple of pages on boardude's fuego build thread.
    https://www.tundras.com/threads/boardudes-fuego-build.1953/page-14#post-333821

2. Sep 5, 2017 at 11:03 AM
    crishard

Member:
    First Name:
    Cris
    Vehicle:
    2014 Barcelona Red CM
    3" level in front, ICI Bumper & Skid, 12k lb winch, UCAs, Radtech 2.5s, Kenda 35s, Dual Batteries, 3500w inverter
    Drove for a couple of days without the Calibrator & no issues.
    Called Hypertech Customer Support today. I explained what was going on & they are shipping me a new harness today. The Tech said I would have it in two days. Now that's customer service! I was shocked by how effortless it was. I was ready to argue my case but it was unnecessary.

3. Sep 5, 2017 at 1:45 PM
    trayday

trayday New Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2015 limited CM 5.7
    7" BDS, ADS front and rear, Total Chaos UCA's, CB tie rods
    Same thing happened with my HTSC, waiting to install the new harness.

4. Sep 6, 2017 at 8:57 AM
    crishard

Member:
    First Name:
    Cris
    Vehicle:
    2014 Barcelona Red CM
    Are they sending you another? The Tech explained to me that they have the harnesses made for them & are not made in-house.

5. Sep 6, 2017 at 9:04 AM
    trayday

trayday New Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2015 limited CM 5.7
    7" BDS, ADS front and rear, Total Chaos UCA's, CB tie rods
    Yeah, they sent the new. When i first called, they wanted me to re-install my old to make sure everything was connected properly. When i got around to it, I reinstalled with the same problems. I callef HT and I received a new harness within a few days.

Lilly likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top