1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hypertech Interceptor model 706001

Discussion in 'Marketplace - Other' started by BRNG ITT, Feb 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feb 6, 2017 at 4:01 PM
    BRNG ITT

BRNG ITT [OP] New Member

Member:
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2016 CrewMax TRD PRO
    UPDATE***** $110 shipped to lower 48 states.

Works on 2007+ 5.7L Flex and non-Flex engines. Check Hypertech's website to verify compatibility of your specific truck.

Let me start off with saying that it works just fine with a stock or TRD intake.

However........3 things...

1) The micro USB connector detached from its solder connections on the inside of the box. So you can't update the loaded tune as it sits. (Currently loaded for stock /TRD intake) Relative easy fix if you have the know-how, patience or couple of dollars to get someone to do it. Otherwise, if you don't have a different intake, you'll be just fine.

2) Does NOT include the accelerator pedal adapter to change the throttle responsiveness when pressing on the go button. A great number of people either don't install or don't like it and remove it anyway.

3) This unit is only about 8 months old, but I did by it used from someone. Either way, if problem happen to arise in the future (not trying to allude that they will) Hypertech only honors their warranties for the original customer. (Didn't try to return it, just noticed this when reading through their site.)

I'm selling it because although I did notice a 1.5 mpg increase, and what my butt is telling me is a slight increase in performance (not trying to sell you on any gains that it may or may not give you; search the forum, there are many opinions of this) I'm just tired of having to get out my scanner every week or 2 in order reset the notorious CEL that comes hand in hand with these things.

Not looking to pull one over on anyone, so I've included everything of possible concern with this WORKING unit. Therefore I think my price is very fair and reasonable.

IMG_0070.jpg IMG_0071.jpg IMG_0072.jpg IMG_0073.jpg IMG_0075.jpg IMG_0076.jpg

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  2. Feb 23, 2017 at 10:22 AM
    BRNG ITT

BRNG ITT [OP] New Member

Member:
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2016 CrewMax TRD PRO
    Updated. $110 gets this out of my drawer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top