1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Husky liners...

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by TTU19, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Aug 30, 2016 at 1:27 PM
    TTU19

TTU19 [OP] Wreck 'Em

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Tx
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Sport
    On the Husky liner, do you like the X-act Contour, or the Weatherbeater more? Did you get the one that goes fully under the back seat and have you seen any with that and the ESP under seat storage?

Trying to figure out which one to go with. Thanks..!

2. Aug 30, 2016 at 1:34 PM
    Sierra_Nevada

Sierra_Nevada New Member

Member:
    Kansas City
    Vehicle:
    2020 Magnetic Gray Platinum
    TRD Pro Fox Suspension, SCS Ray 10 Wheels, BFG KO2 275/70 R18
  3. Aug 30, 2016 at 1:42 PM
    MotoTundra

MotoTundra The Ocho

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    -TRS Mini D2S Retrofit on TRD Pro Headlights (Apollo 2.0 Shrouds, 35w XB Ballasts, 5500k Bulbs) -Baja Designs Squadron R Sport Aux lights. -TRD Pro Grill -TRD Rear Sway Bar -BakFlip VP Tonneau w/BakBox -Dipped wheels & bumpers -Iron Cross HD steps -Undercover Swingcase -SunTek Paint Protection film -Tinted glass -Bedmat -OEM Towing Mirrors
    I went with Weatherbeaters and I like them. I haven't seen any X-Act contours in person.

I first bought the rear that doesn't go under the seat, then I bought a WeatherTech Digital fit for the rear that goes under. I switched brands because Husky changed their design after WeatherTech came out with more coverage.

I still have my Husky rear, going to post for sale locally, shipping crushes the deal.

4. Aug 30, 2016 at 1:48 PM
    TTU19

TTU19 [OP] Wreck 'Em

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Tx
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Sport
    Ok cool. Have to decide which to go with. If I do the ESP storage, think it's even worth to get the liner that goes under the seat, since I'll have to cut away most of it anyway? The one you linked looks sharp though like that.

5. Aug 30, 2016 at 2:16 PM
    ToyotaTundraMike

ToyotaTundraMike Not A New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    Love my weatherbeaters! Cant speak for the crewmax but they fit perfect in my DC and cover a couple inches past where the backseat starts. If your cutting I doubt it matters though.

6. Aug 30, 2016 at 2:17 PM
    MotoTundra

MotoTundra The Ocho

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    -TRS Mini D2S Retrofit on TRD Pro Headlights (Apollo 2.0 Shrouds, 35w XB Ballasts, 5500k Bulbs) -Baja Designs Squadron R Sport Aux lights. -TRD Pro Grill -TRD Rear Sway Bar -BakFlip VP Tonneau w/BakBox -Dipped wheels & bumpers -Iron Cross HD steps -Undercover Swingcase -SunTek Paint Protection film -Tinted glass -Bedmat -OEM Towing Mirrors
  7. Aug 30, 2016 at 2:56 PM
    jburson250

jburson250 Pensioner

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Newmarket, NH
    Vehicle:
    14 Limited TRD Crew Max
    TRD Pro Suspension, Custom Audio System.
    I bought my son some front X-act Contours for his '16 SR5 CM.
    I have WB's in my '14.
    So I took the driver's side of each (outside the truck) and laid one on top the other.
    The WB is longer, i.e. it goes up the firewall/dead peddle about 1" farther than the X-act does.
    This is significant since we deal with sloppy, salty slush part of the year. Size 15 boots make it worse.
    In TX the weather's usually more friendly. Hopefully your feet are smaller, too.

For sure, the X-act's are prettier than the WB's.
    We both have the full-depth WeatherTech in back - very nice mat. I'll bet it's a bitch to cut through for the ESP box.

8. Aug 30, 2016 at 2:58 PM
    TTU19

TTU19 [OP] Wreck 'Em

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Tx
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Sport
    Thanks, that's good info to have.

9. Aug 30, 2016 at 4:15 PM
    tomsinamerica

tomsinamerica New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Wilmington, NC
    Vehicle:
    White 2016 Tundra DC ltd
    I called them today to figure it out.

For the double cab, weather beater rear has full coverage, exact has up to the back seat. I ordered the wbs as I have my dog in the back most of the time with the seats up and storage box removed.

If you can wait, I'll post pics when they're here

10. Aug 30, 2016 at 4:16 PM
    tomsinamerica

tomsinamerica New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Wilmington, NC
    Vehicle:
    White 2016 Tundra DC ltd
    Oh. I should add that I was talking about 3rd Gen if that makes a difference

11. Aug 30, 2016 at 4:17 PM
    tomsinamerica

tomsinamerica New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Wilmington, NC
    Vehicle:
    White 2016 Tundra DC ltd
    Ignore all the above... I thought you were talking about DC not Cm... My bad

12. Aug 30, 2016 at 5:00 PM
    Tacogrande

Tacogrande New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Vehicle:
    2016 SR5 dbl. cab long bed gray
    Husky weatherbeaters,short antenna,window deflectors
    The Xact fit Contours are very soft ans squishy. If you step on them and turn your foot, you can turn the whole mat...kinda I dont know how else to explain it but they are too soft and pliable. I had them first but returned them for Weatherbeaters. I only live about 45 minuites away from the Husky factory.

Now if the Xact were stiffer i might like them better.

13. Aug 30, 2016 at 6:05 PM
    TTU19

TTU19 [OP] Wreck 'Em

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Tx
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Sport
    Even with the teeth on the back, they move on you? Humm

14. Aug 30, 2016 at 6:11 PM
    Sierra_Nevada

Sierra_Nevada New Member

Member:
    Kansas City
    Vehicle:
    I would go with the full rear liner. The partial liners leave a gap between the liner and carpet hump right below the rear seat. That gap captures all dirt, spills, chunks, etc. The gap is like a dirt magnet and the full liners prevent that headache. I had the factory fronts and partial rear and switched to a MAXLINER custom fit rear and Husky X-act fronts.

I'll give you a smoking deal on the factory Tundra liners, if you are in the Kansas City area.

15. Aug 30, 2016 at 6:30 PM
    Virgils12

Virgils12 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Camburg Fox factory 2.5" lift Xd monsters with 295/70/18 nitto terra graplerrs Corsa cat back Weather tech liners Wet okole covers
    I have weather techs in my tundra but I put the husky xact in my wife's jeep and I like them a lot better! They are more movable for say they aren't as stiff as my weather techs more of a rubber I guess. I will probably end up getting the huskys for my truck now.

16. Aug 31, 2016 at 8:45 AM
    RussellVaughan

RussellVaughan New Member

Member:
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    2015 Gray TSS 5.7 CM SR5 4x4
    AMP Research PowerSteps; Katzkin leather seats (Nightrunner, all black, no perf/logo); TRD 18" BBS Forged rims; Nitto Terra Grappler G2 LT295/70R18) tires; LT295/70R18 spare tire; Rough Country speedo calibrator; Fox 2.0 IFP front & rear w/1" leaf blocks; TRD PRO black headlamps w/Headlight Revolution harness; TRD PRO grill w/color match hood bulge; RCI engine skid plate; BakFlip MX4 tonneau; Baja Design Squadron Sport fog lights w/clear wide lens; front/rear color match bumper covers; K&N CAI; Pedal Commander throttle controller w-trailer brake bezel; SE Toyota wireless charger tray; VLEDS interior and exterior LED lights; AJT Designs interior chrome delete; Sparks Parts driver side grab handle kit; Pop&Lock tailgate lock; ICS Fab dash mount w/support plate; ICS Fab center console mount; SNS Custom Design ABS sensor guards; TRD PRO shift knob; Undercover Swingcase bed storage; Rad Rubber Design engine splash guards; Bull Ring bed rail tie-downs; exterior debadge w/black & engine badge and black 4x4 badge; Charvonia Design billet bed tie-down anchors; rear console USB port; TRD rear sway bar; Fumoto Oil Pan Valve; Toyota metal oil filter assembly; Vexing R1 dash cam; X2Power 24F Battery.
    that's exactly the set up i have. xact in front, maxliner in back. maxliner was cheaper, has good coverage. plus, thin enough so they fit under the rear door thresholds. gives it a nice clean look and the molding helps hold the mat in place.

Sierra_Nevada[QUOTED] likes this.
  17. Aug 31, 2016 at 8:48 AM
    RussellVaughan

RussellVaughan New Member

Member:
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    2015 Gray TSS 5.7 CM SR5 4x4
    AMP Research PowerSteps; Katzkin leather seats (Nightrunner, all black, no perf/logo); TRD 18" BBS Forged rims; Nitto Terra Grappler G2 LT295/70R18) tires; LT295/70R18 spare tire; Rough Country speedo calibrator; Fox 2.0 IFP front & rear w/1" leaf blocks; TRD PRO black headlamps w/Headlight Revolution harness; TRD PRO grill w/color match hood bulge; RCI engine skid plate; BakFlip MX4 tonneau; Baja Design Squadron Sport fog lights w/clear wide lens; front/rear color match bumper covers; K&N CAI; Pedal Commander throttle controller w-trailer brake bezel; SE Toyota wireless charger tray; VLEDS interior and exterior LED lights; AJT Designs interior chrome delete; Sparks Parts driver side grab handle kit; Pop&Lock tailgate lock; ICS Fab dash mount w/support plate; ICS Fab center console mount; SNS Custom Design ABS sensor guards; TRD PRO shift knob; Undercover Swingcase bed storage; Rad Rubber Design engine splash guards; Bull Ring bed rail tie-downs; exterior debadge w/black & engine badge and black 4x4 badge; Charvonia Design billet bed tie-down anchors; rear console USB port; TRD rear sway bar; Fumoto Oil Pan Valve; Toyota metal oil filter assembly; Vexing R1 dash cam; X2Power 24F Battery.
    i like the xact for the front because they cover the seat bolts, which in my old truck catch all kinds of dirt and grime, and even started to rust. I might be wrong...but looking at pics, none of the other brands seem to cover these bolts.

18. Aug 31, 2016 at 8:55 AM
    davesnothere

davesnothere New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Down South, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra Limited 4x4 5.7ffv
    Pro Comp stage 2 6" lift- 20" XD Rockstars- 35" pro comp a/t sport- Hypertech Interceptor- 7" BA Muffler- 4.88 Yukon gears
    I know not the brand your looking at but maybe an alternative, got the max liners myself and likem

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

19. Aug 31, 2016 at 8:57 AM
    TTU19

TTU19 [OP] Wreck 'Em

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Tx
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Sport
    Nice.. have to look into the Maxliners

20. Aug 31, 2016 at 8:57 AM
    davesnothere

davesnothere New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Down South, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra Limited 4x4 5.7ffv
    Pro Comp stage 2 6" lift- 20" XD Rockstars- 35" pro comp a/t sport- Hypertech Interceptor- 7" BA Muffler- 4.88 Yukon gears
    Cheaper too, and thicker. Gotem on Amazon for 165ish

Bob likes this.
  21. Aug 31, 2016 at 9:08 AM
    Tracker

Tracker New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shane
    Colorado, Denver Burbs
    Vehicle:
    2016 Silver Tundra SR5 Lifted
    Pro Comp Lift, towing mirrors, Fuel rims, Toyo A/T, Nav, Viper remote start
    I went with Weatherbeaters

22. Aug 31, 2016 at 9:56 AM
    CaptTyler

CaptTyler Life’s too short to have an ugly boat.

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2018 Ram 2500 Cummins
    I got the Husky Xact front and rear and they're perfect. They don't slide around like the WeatherTechs do.

23. Aug 31, 2016 at 8:01 PM
    Sierra_Nevada

Sierra_Nevada New Member

Member:
    Kansas City
    Vehicle:
    The back MAXLINER has good coverage, fits well, and does the job. Perhaps the full Husky or Weathertech is better, but I don't think they'd be much different. The MAXLINER fronts, however, do not have as much coverage as the Husky. The front of my truck sees more foot traffic than the back so I like the extra surface area.

TTU19[QUOTED][OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top