1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How to search the USA for a 2015 Tundra TRD Pro

Discussion in '2.5 Gen TRD Pro (2014-2021)' started by Two137, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Nov 10, 2015 at 4:23 PM
    Two137

Two137 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tundra SR5 V6
    I know that I'm probably out of luck, but I have to try.

I'm ready to buy a Tundra TRD Pro. What I'd really like is a new 2015, DC, Orange, Non-FFV TRD Pro. I like the Inferno color and I'd like to put a Toyota branded supercharger (it is still possible to find new ones on ebay) on it. I realize that it's late in the year, but the timing hasn't been right until recently. I'm having a heck of a time finding anyone at Toyota, whether it be local or corporate, willing to do a search of the US to check the availability. I live in the Houston, Texas area. Have gone to a local dealer that will only do a search of Gulf States Toyota's stock. Which is zero, of course. Does anyone know of a way to check the entire US to see if one is available?

If I'm unable to find the 2015, I will 'settle' for a 2016 in the MGM color. But, this probably means that I won't be able to put the Toyota SC on it. I feel that if I'm going to spend this kind of money, I should at least try to find the 2015.

Thanks in advance,

Tony.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
    TRDPRO1 likes this.
  2. Nov 10, 2015 at 5:23 PM
    rons23

rons23 Get The Led Out!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Kill Devil Hills
    Vehicle:
    2008 Nautical Blue TRD
    Sabm (Gtek-Fab), Blake Carbon Diamond Plate door sil protecters, and Air Dam mod, Black Rivited Grill, Devil Horns- Black Anodized(Diaz Fabrication), Hid's in Low Beams and Fogs -6000k, Piaa Extreme for High Beams. Black Rhino Step Tubes, Razir Led interior Lights (white), Low Profile Black Diamond Plate Tool Box, Trd accesories, Weather Tech Mats, Carbon Fiber Shorty Antenna, Drl's, Plasta Dipped Badges + Front Grill Surround
    Welcome Tony, someone with a pro will chime in at some point. I see where you listed dc, meaning double cab. I don't believe the Pro's come in that configuration, only crew max. Don't know if this matters, but wanted you to know

3. Nov 10, 2015 at 7:09 PM
    gosolo

gosolo You Don’t Know Who I Am But I Know Where You Live

Member:
    First Name:
    Ray
    NW Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2015 DC Super Fine Super White Pro
    2"CB shackles, bushings and 1 shim, lockerdown console vault, rear folding seat back mod, snugtop shell with opening side windows, 46g fuel tank, SDHQ sliders and hidden winch, Decked Drawers, Alcan leaf springs and got rid of the interior chrome
    Tundra TRD Pro comes in double cab. I have one,and prefer it over the crew max

Black Wolf likes this.
  4. Nov 10, 2015 at 8:01 PM
    rons23

rons23 Get The Led Out!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Kill Devil Hills
    Vehicle:
    2008 Nautical Blue TRD
    Sabm (Gtek-Fab), Blake Carbon Diamond Plate door sil protecters, and Air Dam mod, Black Rivited Grill, Devil Horns- Black Anodized(Diaz Fabrication), Hid's in Low Beams and Fogs -6000k, Piaa Extreme for High Beams. Black Rhino Step Tubes, Razir Led interior Lights (white), Low Profile Black Diamond Plate Tool Box, Trd accesories, Weather Tech Mats, Carbon Fiber Shorty Antenna, Drl's, Plasta Dipped Badges + Front Grill Surround
    My bad

5. Nov 11, 2015 at 4:32 AM
    Black Wolf

Black Wolf Bigfoot Hunter, Sasquatch too, but not Yeti

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    2022 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    TuwaPro rack, Z1 Offroad stuff, NISMO suspension stuff, FlowmasterFX Extreme exhaust, AIS, OVS, J&L can, other goodies on the way
    I wonder how many DC versions were built? I've seen one here so far in the Denver area and it was also white. Might be kind of rare.

6. Nov 11, 2015 at 8:16 AM
    FunGuy

FunGuy New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Vehicle:
    Toyota Tundra TRD
    Hello Tony, I feel your pain... I did just as you are and ended up getting a 2016 sr5 4x4 TRD. The suspension is the biggest difference. I called and did a search all over the US. I even tried call toyota in Texas. Toyota only makes a limited amount of the pros. So just finding one is hard enough. Trying to find a DC in the inferno color makes it even harder. 2016 model tundra's can now be had in the inferno color. I replaced my front gril and hood bulge with the pro gril. I will do the badges and bumper real soon and later a new suspension of some kind. This may be an option for you as well.
    Good luck!

7. Nov 11, 2015 at 3:38 PM
    boardude

boardude I am Batman

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    [YODAGAN]
    2015 Inferno Ex-Pro
    I started looking in the beginning of the year and was in constant contact with the local dealers so they could notify me, but of course they didn't even know when or how many they would get. I got lucky and got only 1 of 2 the dealer was allocated for 2015 back in May. Good luck man but don't give up!! That perfect tundra is out there!

PS - I hate how the inferno color was added as a standard color. I understand why, but I liked being unique :pout:

8. Nov 12, 2015 at 4:31 PM
    Two137

Two137 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tundra SR5 V6
    FunGuy,

When you say that you called and did a search all over the US, did you call Toyota or just start calling dealers all over on your own?

I really like the suspension set up on the Pro. Being a motocrosser, I know that 'suspension is everything'. And color is next on the list ;-)

9. Nov 12, 2015 at 4:32 PM
    Two137

Two137 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tundra SR5 V6
    Boardude,

Wow. Hearing your story makes be believe that I'm wasting my time looking for a 2015 Inferno. Dang it.

10. Nov 12, 2015 at 7:21 PM
    TRDPRO1

TRDPRO1 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Seattle, WA.
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRDPRO in inferno
    TRD Supercharger, ESP storage, Toyo M/T's, Bestop NX power boards, Line-X bed liner, Thule rack
    Hi Tony, there's one on ebay motors now for $44,000 buy it now with 10,000 miles in the inferno color double cab, but its flex fuel.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-Tund...b6535450:g:GNEAAOSw5VFWOqgf&item=252167017552

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  11. Nov 12, 2015 at 8:23 PM
    FunGuy

FunGuy New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Vehicle:
    Toyota Tundra TRD
    I called dealers. I had several salesman looking. They knew i was ready to buy. They were able to check there system and do searches through both toyota and any of their used lots as well. I call a lot of dealership because from what i understand they can't see the whole US, but large areas. I tried my best to find one that way. There may be one somewhere on a used lot. That would be very hard to find. But with every dealer i called i had them check there inhouse system as well. The same toyota dealership owner here also owns many other car lots all over. So they can see more that way too. Its not impossible, just very hard.

One dealer said he could find a pro but not the color i wanted, and then he told me they wouldn't let it go. I would have to go to the truck. Dealerships can sale a pro easy and don't like transfers.

For 3000.00 you can put the trd pro suspension on any tundra. But from what i understand a king suspension would be even better for the same money. Also I called bilstein and spoke to them regarding the suspension for the pro and I was told to look at the 6112 shocks. I asked how it compares to the pro and his answer was he was going to use the 6112 on his tundra. This guy works for bilstein and he was choosing the 6112. Just made me think. I asked about the external reservoir on the pro shocks vs the big body of the 6112 and he said they give a lifetime warranty with the 6112 shock and its cheaper priced. I asked if one was better then the other and he wouldn't say. He seemed to really like the 6112, but wouldn't comment much on the pro shocks. The setup i was leaning towards was 6112 for the front with dirtydeeds upper control arm and 5160 in the rear. This would give me a level truck with an even better suspension then the standard trd suspension. One guy put it this way, if you can drive 45mph on a rough dirt road with the king suspension, then you will be around 35mph with the 6112/5160 setup. Hope all this helps.

You may like this video.
    https://youtu.be/Yyao0MLE6_g

12. Nov 15, 2015 at 1:14 PM
    boardude

boardude I am Batman

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    [YODAGAN]
    2015 Inferno Ex-Pro
  13. Nov 16, 2015 at 5:20 PM
    Two137

Two137 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tundra SR5 V6
    TRDPRO1,

Thanks for the heads up. But, yeah, I'd really like a non-ffv. The whole supercharger thing.

Boardude,

A working buddy of mine test drove that TRD Pro yesterday. He loved it. I told him to get out
    of my truck. LOL. Seriously though, Fred Haas is asking way too much for that truck and it's
    a ffv. My buddy said it's in pristine condition. If only….

By the by, I emailed and received a response from a company called TRD Sparks. They're thinking
    that a 2016 Pro should be able to take the TRD supercharger. And with a Unichip, will work. So,
    I'm starting to lean that direction.

Any thoughts?

14. Nov 16, 2015 at 6:08 PM
    Talstar

Talstar New Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    15 Tundra TRD PRO
    I ordered my supercharger from TRD Sparks and had it installed at there dealership Sparks Toyota. They also ordered the Unichip which was delivered to there dealership. I've got a 2015 FFV Inferno CM Pro and it's been supercharged for 10,000 miles and couldn't be happier. I've had more compliments about this vehicle than all others combined!

15. Nov 17, 2015 at 4:04 PM
    Two137

Two137 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tundra SR5 V6
    Sparks is in South Carolina?

16. Nov 17, 2015 at 5:44 PM
    mdavis

mdavis I need a beer.

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Rock Hill, SC
    Yep. Myrtle Beach, SC.

17. Dec 1, 2015 at 10:02 PM
    Fortunate One

Fortunate One New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Bakersfield
    Vehicle:
    2015 Inferno Red TRD Pro, 93 MKIV Supra TT
    AFE Intake
    I went through the same thing as you. Not ONE dealer in California had a crew max Inferno pro left. I ended up flying out to Dallas, Tx and picking up the LAST pro they were getting till the new ones came out.

18. Dec 4, 2015 at 5:07 PM
    Proluke

Proluke New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Vehicle:
    2014 White 1794
    Go Rhino step bar
    There are a few on Autotrader.com

Products Discussed in

To Top